Mjolnir Mark VI HD Armor WIP by ViZiONEER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see another Mark VI armor coming from Austria! :D
This will turn out in an great suit! I'm subscribed now.
Great work on the helmet, may I ask what size you used and what's your body size?
Because I'm planning to make the same helmet, and i could use some reference sizes.

Didn't have the time I'd like to have to spend on my build. Finally my hardening and bondo-equipment has arrived. Weather is also very unstable and rainy, windy and too cold most of the evenings I have time.

I've just redone the handplate, since the first one was far too big. The new one seems to be a little bit too small.
untitled.jpg

DSC00066.jpg

I hope to be able to do some real progress within the next few days.

Started to resin the outside of the helmet. Don't do this at dusk on a warm summer evening like I did. Sunset was about 9:30 pm local time and the temperature was around 20 °C. I recognized that the humidity rised and the pep suffered by some moisture. So I stopped after I've resined the first segment of the helmet. It has to harden now. In one week I am back from Italy, hope to continue fast with it then.

The equipment used, except the fiberglass cloth and mat on the right side
DSC00067.jpg

The helmet right after resining the top and left side
DSC00075.jpg

The helmet about8 hours later
DSC00077.jpg

Until then!

Don't do this at dusk on a warm summer evening like I did.[/IMG]

Thanks for the advise, but it comes too late for me. I messed up my thighs. Like you, I started working late evening, sun wasn't that strong anymore and about to vanish. As if that wasn't stupid enough, I used way too much resin, and then let them outside till 1 a.m. so moisture could do the rest.
The result was a terrible warping that could not be fixed anymore.
Well, lesson learned!

Back to your work, your helmet still looks awesome!

Hey Vizioneer, looking great as usual (and as usual the pep work is amazing), I reckon your handplate (the new one) should be pretty spot on for size after you put a glove on your hand (maybe a little on the small size, but not enough for people to notice). You've done a great job with your resin too, can't see any warping in the pictures.

Great job mate, keep it up.

Looks good, nice clean pepwork and you seem to have the stuff down well enough, I'll be sure to lurk around and watch you finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back