Mk 7 help

OscarWyler

So ive been struggling to make my armour for alot of reasons, im started working on my armour but im un able to get armoursmith bc its paid and my card and account in general is being stupid so i cant make any purchaces online, so far i have made most of the mk 7 chestplate which i cant tell if its too small, my head is just able to fit through the top but it dosnt have the neck plates in so i cant garanty its a perfect fit, when making the helmet im having all sorts of problems from not having the right filament to the temperature reseting itself from above 200 back down to 200, plus where i live EVA foam is so expensive, its 10 bucks for one sheet, ive thought about printing the armour but the printers i have use different plastics and are different sizes, one is 230mm by 230 and and the hight is 300mm and the other printer is smaller, can anyone give me advise on if im doing something wrong?

Attachments

• IMG_20240112_192125 (1).jpg
    IMG_20240112_192125 (1).jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20240112_192105.jpg
    IMG_20240112_192105.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20240112_192144.jpg
    IMG_20240112_192144.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 36
It looks maybe a little small (like single digit percentages, not enough to worry about in my opinion), but the quality is REALLY good. Once you add the other pieces around your arms and such, it'll help the sizing look a lot more accurate. I can barely fit my head through my neck opening, so take that for what you will.

You could potentially print your armor, depending on whether or not whatever file you use comes already cut up for smaller printers. As someone with a fully printed suit, let me warn you: this thing is hard to wear for a while. I'm sure some of the foam wizards here will back me up on this when i say: the foam build will be much more comfortable.

The short version? Keep going. I think it'll turn out okay.

So ive been struggling to make my armour for alot of reasons, im started working on my armour but im un able to get armoursmith bc its paid and my card and account in general is being stupid so i cant make any purchaces online, so far i have made most of the mk 7 chestplate which i cant tell if its too small, my head is just able to fit through the top but it dosnt have the neck plates in so i cant garanty its a perfect fit, when making the helmet im having all sorts of problems from not having the right filament to the temperature reseting itself from above 200 back down to 200, plus where i live EVA foam is so expensive, its 10 bucks for one sheet, ive thought about printing the armour but the printers i have use different plastics and are different sizes, one is 230mm by 230 and and the hight is 300mm and the other printer is smaller, can anyone give me advise on if im doing something wrong?
Overall I think you're pretty close with the scaling and it'll be a bit difficult to know for sure until you have the arm gaskets and other pieces in place since they take up such a large percentage of the overall MkVII torso. There's surprisingly little for hard armour parts on the chest and it's best to look at everything together as opposed to singular pieces. Perhaps a solution to some of your problems would be to look into using a clamshell design where the front and back of the torso joins together so that you don't need to worry so much about the opening for your neck?

As Cappyace86 mentioned, many 3D printing files come pre-split for common printer sizes or broken down into logical parts that connect together. Perhaps checking the Free File Index here on the forums will result in finding some parts of your suit that you can print which will allow you to complete the foam parts and work twice as fast.

I think this has been asked on one of your other build threads but where do you live that foam is so expensive??

I use floor mats which can be cheaper than sheets of Eva foam, in Canada it’s about $25 for 4 mats.

I think the chest plate is small. If you want, I can give you a hand with the scaling. I have armoursmith. If you send me your measurements and files I’ll do my best to scale em. Feel free to DM :)

I think this has been asked on one of your other build threads but where do you live that foam is so expensive??

I use floor mats which can be cheaper than sheets of Eva foam, in Canada it’s about $25 for 4 mats.

I think the chest plate is small. If you want, I can give you a hand with the scaling. I have armoursmith. If you send me your measurements and files I’ll do my best to scale em. Feel free to DM :)
I would really appreciate that thank you, is there a direct messaging on here for do U want my discord

I would really appreciate that thank you, is there a direct messaging on here for do U want my discord
there is DMing here. use the little icon
1705105142944.png
in the top right corner

or if you want my discord is n8tebb

This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back