MK VI Foam Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woot woot! Didn't realise it was the little chaps first con!

Good as this suit looks in the pictures, it looks even better in the flesh - and that helmet bounces! ;-)

Had to put this one up. Its of me and my son at our first comic-con in London. Can I get some "Awwwws!" :)

988945_10151615858720380_1600051261_n_zpsb8897c5e.jpg

dude, my girl and i are giving you the double 'awwwwww' lol.. this is too awesome, if we ever make a book about 'Spartan' living - that would be an appropriate cover x)

More pics

_DSC6534_zps24e162f3.jpg

_DSC6392_zps3af98f9a.jpg

]
_DSC6432_zps4fcd698e.jpg

_DSC6424_zps0000e3d8.jpg

_DSC6509_zpsc1bb1e5f.jpg

_DSC6388_zpsbaf5aae9.jpg

_DSC6480_zps272d5486.jpg

Credit to Monster Photography for this pic.

934955_226447234146772_664883458_n_zps8449af70.jpg

Woot woot! Didn't realise it was the little chaps first con!

Good as this suit looks in the pictures, it looks even better in the flesh - and that helmet bounces! ;-)

He got a lot of attention when we were outside :)

dude, my girl and i are giving you the double 'awwwwww' lol.. this is too awesome, if we ever make a book about 'Spartan' living - that would be an appropriate cover x)

My wife loved this post :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome pictures man! I love how Aimee looks dwarfed by us all in that first one!

They've also reminded me of a question I wanted to ask - how have you attached your strapping to the armour? We had issues with different types of glue coming unstuck during the day.

Awesome pictures man! I love how Aimee looks dwarfed by us all in that first one!

They've also reminded me of a question I wanted to ask - how have you attached your strapping to the armour? We had issues with different types of glue coming unstuck during the day.

Lol ya I love how we Spartans do dwarf those around us :)

I just glued my straps on with hot glue. I think though that I had no issues because my suit is foam. When I do the straps on one of the glassed suits I have planned I am going to fibre glass them on so there is no way they can come off, ever!
I will super glue the strap to hold it in place, soak the webbing in resin, let that dry, then add 2 strips of fibre glass over it to keep it nice and fixed and to insure that any movement won't damage the bond.

Dude I love the detail! And in foam! People have always tried to limit foams abilities, saying that it isn't that great, but you PROVED THEM WRONG! Amazing builds, and I love the pictures, very great quality! Amazing man! Amazing! I'm subbing to this! :D

Wow, it looks fantastic! A real inspiration for foam builds. Looks like you had a lot of fun at the con and the photo with you and your son is adorable lol.

Pics are awesome!! Looks like you had a ton of fun and the suit looks great out and about. The one with your little guy is adorable!

Lol ya I love how we Spartans do dwarf those around us :)

^^This made me laugh. Even when I'm in Spartan gear I still get dwarfed by others!

Oh forgot to re-update what I have been working on for the suit. Here goes.

IMG_1857_zps4bd894be.jpg

IMG_1862_zps583ba7e7.jpg

IMG_1865_zps2b49a47f.jpg

IMG_2011_zps765d5b52.jpg

Dude I love the detail! And in foam! People have always tried to limit foams abilities, saying that it isn't that great, but you PROVED THEM WRONG! Amazing builds, and I love the pictures, very great quality! Amazing man! Amazing! I'm subbing to this! :D

Thank you for the kind words but if you want to show others how foam work is really done check LilTyrants Kat suit and this build on RPF http://www.therpf.com/f24/eva-gow3-cog-armor-new-updates-6-14-a-170066/

Wow, it looks fantastic! A real inspiration for foam builds. Looks like you had a lot of fun at the con and the photo with you and your son is adorable lol.

Thank you I hoped to do exactly that when I started this build.
I must say I am rather proud of how cute the little monkey is. We got a lot of people stopping and "Awww"ing when we were playing together while I was in the suit :)

Pics are awesome!! Looks like you had a ton of fun and the suit looks great out and about. The one with your little guy is adorable!

^^This made me laugh. Even when I'm in Spartan gear I still get dwarfed by others!

We loved it. Its funny how small he looks next to me but get him next to a kid twice his age and he is the same size, we have a spartan in the making me thinks :)
There is nothing wrong with being a smaller Spartan. You can sneak up on the enemy (other half :p) and if theres a photo shoot at a con you get to be front and centre.

Lolz, me too. I'm the 5 foot spartan.

I was just checking out your photos and you definitely out do the other kids costumes in them :)

When you go to fancy dress do you get all the other kids asking their moms why their costumes aren't as good as yours? :p

I was just checking out your photos and you definitely out do the other kids costumes in them :)

When you go to fancy dress do you get all the other kids asking their moms why their costumes aren't as good as yours? :p

What photos exactly? My photobucket ones or the ones I have posted here on the 405th? My pics here on this site are definitely not up to date, just FYI.

What photos exactly? My photobucket ones or the ones I have posted here on the 405th? My pics here on this site are definitely not up to date, just FYI.

Ah lol yeah the ones on here. I take it they were from a long time ago then?

Phenomenal undersuit work.. lovin this build, Must sub to all of the things nao! x)

Heh. my sister is short, which is irrelevant - because she's a blackbelt in karate now working on belts in hapkido and jiu jitsu.. bottom line, I got a foot on her and she could wipe the floor with me hahaha.. Don't cheat yourself RTW ;D

If you mean the pics from her Red build I was thinkin the exact same thing bahaha.. when my son went as Soundwave for Halloween two years ago the kids and parents were jelly because he had a custom build. RTW got his suit beat - so I can only imagine their woes!! xD

Phenomenal undersuit work.. lovin this build, Must sub to all of the things nao!

Cheers :)
I am really happy with it seeing as its my first time at a sewing machine.

I love all the great pic's :)

Thank you man. We had such fun at the Con. I cant wait till the next one now I know what to expect. I might not be in this suit next time though as my Ironman suit is screaming to be finished :)

Edit: I was just reading through my thread and came across the post where you were wishing me luck on the boy being born...........Where has the time gone?! Now look at him, at his first con :)

Ah lol yeah the ones on here. I take it they were from a long time ago then?

The ones on this site are from haloween, and I was thrown in with a bunch of 5- 8 year olds that Im more than 7 years older than thanks to the fact that my mom was friends with their mom. And the pics are so old, Ive made so many mods to that suit and redone so many of the pieces that I actually have two full suits now. But this isnt my build thread, so...

The ones on this site are from haloween, and I was thrown in with a bunch of 5-8 year olds that Im more than 7 years older than thanks to the fact that my mom was friends with their mom. And the pics are so old, Ive made so many mods to that suit and redone so many of the pieces that I actually have two full suits now. But this isnt my build thread, so...

Sorry man I am at an age now where I am finding it hard to tell how old youths are :p. I could tell you were older than them but.......well never mind no harm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back