Modeling The Mark Iv

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to post the finished file later today! At about 5 or 6 when I get home from class. Big thanks to BenStreeper who cleaned up everything and got it proportioned better!!! I would bet money that an unwrap will hit shortly after. I think my next project will be the forearms, but we'll see!

you may want to hold off on that for a couple of days. I am stream-lining the model for pep. So that unfolds/ folding will be much easier. I am also adding in floating faces. Assuming Robby still doesn't mind me working on it :D I will finish the chest later today, and then start work on the "belt".

Preview:

observations4.jpg

Ben why don't you just release your file as a separate lower def one. I am sure people will appreciate having the choice. Also beck in this thread when I referred to floating faces I was talking about these: http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u228/Noeva/Floating.jpg

*****Images removed to clean thread*****

man...what a bummer for me huh? Anyways, I love the what you got there Ben Streeper. I realized that during the unfold this was going to be a hard build. I just have one request; could you possible include the square section that in the center of the chest? I really like the way that looks in the pep stage. When your done I can unfold it if you like. Again, great work.

oh I am gonna, I'm just re-doing the openings right now. That was easier than going into the model and welding all the vertices.

agreed, and on these tight spots it gets hard to see them all. I just made that detail into a floating face. that way you can just cut it out of mat board or card board and not have to do the deep folds.

New update for todays work. Should have the "Low-Def" version up soon. I have almost redone the entire "Belt" section, and made some further modifications to the chest/ back area (mainly clean-up work).

observations5.jpg

Dude, I hope I didn't set up a ton of work for you... >.< Sorry boys and girls about the forearm but I have a busy weekend(7am friday until 10pm sunday) and an exam on monday so it will have to wait. I might get some work done tonight but it's not terribly likely.

Robby said:
Dude, I hope I didn't set up a ton of work for you... >.< Sorry boys and girls about the forearm but I have a busy weekend(7am friday until 10pm sunday) and an exam on monday so it will have to wait. I might get some work done tonight but it's not terribly likely.

Well I've been meaning to model this but to tell you the truth I probably wouldn't have gotten around to it for a while. So lets just say you kinda "Jump-Started" me on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back