MOLDAPALOOZA! (Lots of pics!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sean, I just have to echo pretty much everyone else here so far and say, "Fantastic work!" The molds (and castings) look spectactular from your pics. :wowie:

I also want to add my voice to the requests for rough costs and time estimates for you to make a suit (understanding that there'll be differences involved in every project). Not for you to make one for me, I'm not looking to buy (well, not unless the price is WAY too low for that quality of work...), but I'm VERY interested in learning how to do this sort of thing myself, so I'm curious how long it took you to sculpt the various molds, do the casting and clean up the pieces, how much you needed in the way of materials, and how much they cost you? (Yes, I'm just a bundle of questions today, apparently!).

Oh, I also must mention that I'm eagerly anticipating your Spartan 2.0 tutorial, as well. :hyper: Whenever you get around to it. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the encouragement all.

I've been busting my butt in the studio for the past few weeks trying to wrap up a few projects... it's probably going to be like this for the rest of the summer... but I'll be contributing more tutorials and info as often as I can.

I have no knowledge of what you're working on...how can I advise?

I made my helmet mold in sections because thats how I make my helmets... yours may be different.

this is amazing.
i fail to see how you guys get so good at this all my attemps are pretty %$$**
i am just in awe.

Leading Spartan.... I've never doene Pep...

Sound familiar?

I think I've had to PM you that like 5 times.... can't help you there buddy. ;-)

How did you do:

how.png

^^^^^that?
because I'm Curious in making something like this for my helmet, and I'm just confused.

Thats a mold of the interior of the Sword handle.

Ithe interior of that handle had to be carved out to make space to fit all of the electronics. It's a negative, carved ito the interior of the handle. The when making a 2 piece mold of the handle (front and back) rubber was poured into the negative void, creating a positive.

I hope that helps explain ti for you. :lindsey:

Thanks for explaining that :D, but do I need to make one of those for a helmet piece? or can it just be solid? and not so hollow?

I'm entirely confused as to what you're doing... maybe you should explain a little further.

Are you making rubber armor?

Flexible parts?

:unsure:

Sean, how do you make the interconnecting ball-lock system for the mold? Is it some sort of prefabricated piece that you put in when you are making the mold shell or are they hand done or....?

I'm making it out of Hard Plastic as shown in your tut, the Molds are going to be made of rubber also Shown in your tut, but the thing I don't know is what I do for the second piece for the helmet, Does it need to have a positive void? Like you explained with the Sword handle?

Sean's helmet mold is a three part (four piece) negative system.... As seen in the pictures he's posted in the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back