MrPinski's Daft Punk Guy Manuel Helmet (Tron-Discovery)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was taped on for the pictures. I haven't gotten that far yet. Open to suggestions though. Haha.

IMG_2729.jpg

I cut some holes...

So I decided that I would give painting it a try, It's not the look I want in the end of it all but it will do for now. LMK what you think. I'm getting closer...
IMG_2731.jpg

IMG_2732.jpg

IMG_2733.jpg

IMG_2739.jpg

IMG_2738.jpg

IMG_2737.jpg

Hopefully your proud of what you have created, because this really came out awesome. I've really enjoyed watching this build. Great job. Also, do you have a link to the file you are using?

Someone on thedaftclub.com was talking some ish about the roundness of my lid so I decided to redo the back plate and make it a bit more Discovery style! Thoughts?
IMG_2766.jpg

So this is because I am a nutcase who can't leave well enough alone... I decided to go Tron Style in the front...
IMG_2768.jpg

IMG_2769.jpg

IMG_2770.jpg

Thoughts?

Thanks for the feedback guys! It's on thedaftclub forum too and you should hear how insane some of these purist are being about my hybrid design... I'm loving the way this thing is turning out though. I just wasn't satisfied with it looking so much like a regular Motorcycle helmet from the Tron PEP. Although it did give me a great base to start from.

Made a lip for the shield to sit on.
I first taped the shield in place where I wanted it to sit. Then covered all the seams with electrical tape.
IMG_2771.jpg

Then I coated the inside of the shield with some vegi oil and applied some bondo to the inside and let it harden. I removed the tape and...off came the shield! INSTANT LIP!!! haha
IMG_2774.jpg

IMG_2772.jpg

Then I cut the lip down a bit 1/4" of an inch left all around and some primer...
IMG_2777.jpg

This is how it currently looks.
IMG_2780.jpg

Thanks for the feedback guys! I did a little bit of painting and wanted to show ya what a spray can will do! haha. The back will be done soon. I just need to cut it and put on some wires. HERE are the pics.
IMG_2824.jpg

IMG_2825.jpg

IMG_2826.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back