My Armour

Status
Not open for further replies.

adventchildmatrix

Ok i started my helmet two days ago and got tired of folding for the moment and started sticking and here is my current progress.

p.s i think the helmet is a little undersized am i right (the top of the face plate is at the top of my brow)

Might be a little big but really hard to tell with only the visor built. Finish it and post a new pic.

AF2OOXL said:
well what was ur scale?

Was a very big noob when i started and did a straight print of DF4L's helmet so the scale is 12.645611
does anyone know what height this is designed for?

I'm 6ft 1

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so here's un update for my helmet. What do you think? (bear in mind it's my first ever piece of armour)

I will be having a hair cut before wearing/Gelling my hair down

It may be your hair, but opposite of what tlither said, it looks really small.

Great folds though! This looks great for a first-timer.

I'd have to agree with Friendly! Looks like it might turn out a little tight :S

I've got a document on scaling if you want it..I can send it to your email adress if you want ;]

xxFemaleSpartanxx said:
I'd have to agree with Friendly! Looks like it might turn out a little tight :S

I've got a document on scaling if you want it..I can send it to your email adress if you want ;]

yes plz
that would be a great help

Twisting_Neather said:
Thats going to be way too small. You'll want to definetly redo it and make a larger one.
oh well i may as well finish and then try again after all practice makes perfect.

Ok just for experimental purposes after i had a shower and dried my hair when my hair was flat the helmet kept slidding down of my head. Whats up with that?

adventSpartanMatrix said:
Ok just for experimental purposes after i had a shower and dried my hair when my hair was flat the helmet kept slidding down of my head. Whats up with that?

Super slick shampoo.

I'll probs be making a helmet update later but heres one quick update for now
Heres my finished hand plate armour piece. This does look the right size to you doesn't it?

Hand_plate_by_adventchildmatrix.jpg

Hand_plate2_by_adventchildmatrix.jpg

Smaller, vastly smaller.

The handplate needs to reach up to your knuckles and the base of your wrist - I'd say you need to take at least a centimetre off, maybe one and a half, there.

What should i do to the hand plate after ive finished them do i fiberglass resin or what

resng them on both sides, bondo/smooth them, then attach them to a pair of black gloves.

Smooth Handplate, but it doesn't seem to look like the in game ones. The helmet's a bit too small I reckon, you won't be able to fit inside when you add the neck pieces.

Just some constructive crit, good folds though.

ILikeCats said:
Smooth Handplate, but it doesn't seem to look like the in game ones. The helmet's a bit too small I reckon, you won't be able to fit inside when you add the neck pieces.

Just some constructive crit, good folds though.

The hand plates are the low def design from the wiki.

adventSpartanMatrix said:
The hand plates are the low def design from the wiki.
you should really do high def, cause in the end you'll be spending more time on low def then it took to fold a high def.

Does anyone know how to scale the plasma Grenade from the wiki?

as i straight print comes out the way too big. Am i suppost to make it the same height as my hand plate or smaller?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back