My Br55 So Far

Status
Not open for further replies.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sr. Chief(Maverick) @ Jan 2 2009, 01:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Sounds great I hole it sounds just like it's supost to be when you are finished and I almost forgot are you thinking on putting in a selecter switch from single shot to 3 shot burst. I'm only asking because in a halo 2 video that came with my halo sound track the battle rifle was in single shot, besides it might work with the sound fx's for hearing 1 shot then switching to 3 shot burst if it's possibe to even put in and work.</div>

I don't know! I'll have to cantact OkazMods and ask him. The switch would be easy thing to install.

Uh, WOW... ;)

Dude, that is simply amazing! We've definately got a few very skilled weapon makers here (ie. you, Silent Viper, Link, etc.); makes one glad to be a part of this community and being able to see such awesomeness come together :D heh

If you really are interested, I would be honoured to have you make a Sniper Rifle based on my schematic. Which version were you looking to do, btw? o_O

P.S., I agree with everyone else here that this belongs in the Elite showcase, rather than the Noob forum.

SPARTAN II said:
Uh, WOW... ;)

Dude, that is simply amazing! We've definately got a few very skilled weapon makers here (ie. you, Silent Viper, Link, etc.); makes one glad to be a part of this community and being able to see such awesomeness come together :D heh

If you really are interested, I would be honoured to have you make a Sniper Rifle based on my schematic. Which version were you looking to do, btw? o_O

P.S., I agree with everyone else here that this belongs in the Elite showcase, rather than the Noob forum.

First off, Thanks to everyone for there comments on my project.

I thought there was only one version of the sniper. I'm honoured that you will let me use your schematics. Can I see them and I will pick one.

Again thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
LeeKegan said:
First off, Thanks to everyone for there comments on my project.

I thought there was only one version of the sniper. I'm honoured that you will let me use your schematics. Can I see them and I will pick one.

Again thank you!

Well, I'm honoured that you're honoured :)

Anyway, like a few of the other UNSC weapons (ie. M6D -> M6C -> M6G; AR -> BR -> AR) there's been a different version to the SR for each installment of the game. As for the schematics I've drafted, so far I've done up both the H1 and H2 versions, but have yet to do up the H3 version.

Unfortunately I don't have a printer/scanner at the moment, so I'll have to take a few pics of what I've done up so far for that and send them your way. You can then let me know which one you might want to take a shot at. I'm at work right now, so the pics will have to wait until later today. I'll get them to you as soon as possible, though ;)

And you're welcome for the comments. Top-notch work like this deserves to be recognized, after all!

I'll do it like Master Chief. I think my next project will be the sniper after I finish the two I'm working on.

Well, here's a link to a thread where I posted pics of my H1/H2 weapon schematics: "A few things on the horizon..." Thread (keep in mind these were done by hand, so aren't as detailed as the CG models some people have done here). I have yet to draft all of the different views/angles for each one, but I hope that helps, for starters. Gives you an idea, anyway :cool:

LeeKegan said:
I'll do it like Master Chief. I think my next project will be the sniper after I finish the two I'm working on.

i was working on the sniper also but put a hold on it due to the "halo wedding im doing"

SPARTAN II said:
Well, here's a link to a thread where I posted pics of my H1/H2 weapon schematics: "A few things on the horizon..." Thread (keep in mind these were done by hand, so aren't as detailed as the CG models some people have done here). I have yet to draft all of the different views/angles for each one, but I hope that helps, for starters. Gives you an idea, anyway :cool:

For just being hand drawed they look great. It reminds me of when I was doing drafting with a H2 pencil and rulers.

link4044 said:
i was working on the sniper also but put a hold on it due to the "halo wedding im doing"

Some of my work on my projects will slow down because I start back to collage full time after a 20 year absence, ought to be fun. LOL

LeeKegan said:
[...]

For just being hand drawed they look great. It reminds me of when I was doing drafting with a H2 pencil and rulers.

[...]

Some of my work on my projects will slow down because I start back to collage full time after a 20 year absence, ought to be fun. LOL

Well, thanks. I like to think I do pretty good with a pencil/pen and paper :) heh

Let me know if you'd like to do either of the SR designs I've already drafted (H1/H2), and just which views/angles you'd need to build it. I'll draft the H3 version so you can see how it looks compared to the other two, in case that's the one you choose to do. Either way, I'd be happy to draft any of the schematics you'd need for that project.

Hopefully we can get you all of the necessary paperwork to start on the SR before college takes up all of your time :p lol

Yayyyy! Elite status at last! :lol: I can't wait to see this, and you pistol finished with an amazing paint job. The paint job will really just put the icing on the cake!

SPARTAN II said:
Well, thanks. I like to think I do pretty good with a pencil/pen and paper :) heh

Let me know if you'd like to do either of the SR designs I've already drafted (H1/H2), and just which views/angles you'd need to build it. I'll draft the H3 version so you can see how it looks compared to the other two, in case that's the one you choose to do. Either way, I'd be happy to draft any of the schematics you'd need for that project.

Hopefully we can get you all of the necessary paperwork to start on the SR before college takes up all of your time :p lol

I think I would like to have the H3 version, if thats not a problem.
You need to post your schematics. More members would probably build of them.
Break them down: Scope, Magazine, anything part that has detail, a scale for size or measurements. I need to get my old version AutoCAD out and start drawing myself.
Views: Top, bottom, front, back both sides are the best.
Thats asking a lot!

HeavyGunner said:
Yayyyy! Elite status at last! :lol: I can't wait to see this, and you pistol finished with an amazing paint job. The paint job will really just put the icing on the cake!

My #2 M6G is at a friends being painted. I'm not a great painter! He (Azreal) just joined the group and is going to post his progress on painting the M6G.

LeeKegan said:
[...]

I think I would like to have the H3 version, if thats not a problem.
You need to post your schematics. More members would probably build of them.
Break them down: Scope, Magazine, anything part that has detail, a scale for size or measurements. I need to get my old version AutoCAD out and start drawing myself.
Views: Top, bottom, front, back both sides are the best.

Thats asking a lot!

[...]

My #2 M6G is at a friends being painted. I'm not a great painter! He (Azreal) just joined the group and is going to post his progress on painting the M6G.

The HALO 3 version, you say? Sure thing, buddy; I'll get to work on that set of schematics as soon as I get home from work tonight. I'll be sure to break it down into the segments you described, and I'll indicate sizing for each part as well. If all goes well (as in no interruptions), I should have it all done by the end of the weekend :cool:

As for the rest of my schematics, I think what I really need to do first is edit them all a bit, scan them to my computer and then post them somewhere online. I got a good deal of interest with my schematics in the thread I linked to earlier, but that kinda fizzled out as others made similar schematics available, so the computer-drafted ones won out over my hand-drawn ones. Who knows, though... perhaps I could still get others interested in my work again :rolleyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back