My Captain America's shield build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the file. Yes i will be adding extra support to it.But the file is not for me it's for my brother-in-law.
He is more into the DC COMICS.But your shield is looking great. Keep it up love to see it when it's done.

great progress man! thanks for sharing the link for the shield, I am working on a Cap suit so this REALLY helps me out... now if only I can find the badge shaped shield lol a thought on the straps, you can add 4 straps? 2 for the forearms when you carry it around and 2 longer ones so when you wear the shield like a backpack? its just a thought wouldn't want you to ruin the shield lol once again excellent job and thanks :)

thanks for the 4 strap idea might be a bit much though thinking I am going to go with two leather adjustable straps. Still no progress as I need to fibreglass the mould jacket and I can't because the weather won't go above freezing lol got to love Canada lol. weather reports say it should be in the pluses by about Saturday .

I like what you do so far, especially using clay insted of pepakura alone.. I've thought of working on a shield using pepakura. However, it may not work. Building a shield out of pepakura file as big as 24 inch is quite an impossible feat. You probably need a lot of support to prevent any warping or cave-in.

I can't wait to see how this turn out.

like i said, just a thought, it would be a lot more work indeed lol i've pepped out the shield and it looks marvelous.. the supports you added are a bit of help to prevent it from warping/caving in. i haven't resined the shield yet but i'll get to it sometime within the week. the weather can be a factor to the drying process especially if its an outdoors project but take your time man, great projects take time to complete :)

ok today was a -1 day so I figured I would risk it and fibreglass the mould jacket today. It's just the first coat, tomorrow I am going to add some wood reinforcements and put the second coat of fibreglass on. maybe even try to make a shield.
IMAG0102-1024x613.jpg
IMAG0105-1024x613.jpg

ok today I reinforced the shell with more wood and fibreglassed it in place then flipped it over and pried off the clay revealing the mould. I then sprayed on some mould release after cleaning it up a bit and poured in my gel coat.
IMAG0106-1024x613.jpg
IMAG0108-1024x613.jpg
IMAG0110-1024x613.jpg

for the straps I have decided to use a bunch of $ store dog leash material and some Velcro. I have decided to go with two straps and a handle
IMAG0112-1024x613.jpg

ok well after pulling my first shield from the mould I noticed .....imperfections in it and a little warping so I have been sanding and bondoing like a mad man, still have a little ways to go but once its perfect I am just going to recast it again then will probably sell casts of it. I can't in good conscience sell a product I am personally not happy with lol.
IMAG0113.jpg
IMAG0119-1024x613.jpg

i also found this while doing some house cleaning lol
IMAG0116.jpg

That shield is fantastic. Personaly I wouldnt mind a shield with imperfections, I would just call it battle damage or "well used" lol. Can't wait to see it all finished up.

lol i haven't seen that mario brothers movie in ages.. lol i guess i need to watch it now that you brought it up lol

ok I have been really busy lately sorry for not posting my progress! my first shield is done (but still not perfect lol the paint chipped) and I have started to produce Thore hammers now. Sorry about my thumb on the sheild pic lol

imag0135.jpg
imag0131.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back