My Halo 4 helmet build

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE
So far I used my wood burning tool to remove the visor then I started sanding. There's a lot of tight places and I'll need to use a small bit to smooth out the details. It's going well and I'm trying to finish it soon and wear it to GameStop to preorder the game. The manager at the one I go to calls me "Chief" after wearing my Mark V to the Anniversary launch party. So it should be a nice surprise when I'm wearing a helmet that has more detail then my entire first suit.
As of right now I'm going to paint it with the deep red I'm using for my Reach suit so it matches.

ac841be9.jpg

c201c701.jpg

6e17b14b.jpg

cefb0f79.jpg

I've been putting a lot of effort in my suit and various helmets lately, I tend to work on everything at once so everything is around the same stage. Currently I'm sanding, doing repairs, sanding more, and sanding. As of now I'm getting close to the final details for this helmet and making it smooth, but leaving a few imperfections here and there. I'll let the photos explain.

9c30a0ac.jpg

7a62657b.jpg

66cf48f1.jpg

8264a0d7.jpg

9d75765c.jpg

After hours of sanding it looks ok, not exceptional but after awhile I need to move on to other stuff. I need to sand one or two areas then I'll put on more primer to get the spots I missed. I'm going to paint it maroon like my Reach suit so it will match.

8a15f64e.jpg

Looks like your getting there, you have to love the Bondo process with all those tiny and hard to get to areas, great job so far

sweeeeeeeeetttttt
nice job so far lookin greatastic

Thanks! I approve of the word greatastic.

very awesome work man, it is turning out very nice

Well I try, Once it gets paint on it I'll finally be happy with it.

Very awesome. Hope my clay model comes out as good.

Best of luck to you on your helmet, there's plenty of reference pictures out now so you've got that going for you.

Looks like your getting there, you have to love the Bondo process with all those tiny and hard to get to areas, great job so far

I'm more of a fan od accuracy, even though I couldn't get it 100% correct. Bondo is a pain and I thought I could have finished sooner but I forgot to fill in the gaps where the visors goes, so that set me back a day.

With that paint, this looks FANTASTIC.

I agree.

Here's one step closer to being done. The visor is just painted card stock, so don't get your hopes up. Too bad I don't have an actual visor that color, I really like the contract between the maroon and orange/gold.
It's not the best photo, but once I'm outside in the light it will be better.
832f43b8.jpg

Done painting! I added dirt and scratches to weather the helmet. I like it and I'm glad all I really need to do is find a visor for it. This was a lot of work, but totally worth it

e81f1e58.jpg

f3cf0369.jpg

f5a4b329.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back