My Halo Reach mp armor scratchbuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
bondo is exactly whats in the can. rondo is a mixture of bondo and fiberglass resin. the ratio varies pending on the area that you need to cover. more resin makes it more viscous therefore cover a greater area(for coating the inside), less resin is more for controled application on the outside.

An update on the progress:
026.jpg
[/IMG]
The new assassination knife
025.jpg
[/IMG]
The chest attatchment
024.jpg
[/IMG]
Test fitting everything i have so far
023.jpg
[/IMG]
022.jpg
[/IMG]
021.jpg
[/IMG]

do you use a template?
how do you do this?
No i just use reference pics to kinda draw it out onto the cardboard and then cut it out. i use that as a template for the other side. for all the little cuts and details you just layer it with another sheet of cardboard and cut the details into that peice. Its like a freehand version of pepakura basically, but i find it a lot faster and easier, i still do bondo on most things though and some fiber glass.

Thanks you guys! Does anyone know an easy way to make a quick hotbox? we r havin some inclement weather down here in so cal and my resin won't cure. Ohh waittt, nvm.. Introducing the most ghetto hotbox evarr!!!!!
027.jpg
[/IMG]
Surprisingly it is working quite well!

Yayy Pictures!! Sorry i haven't updated you guys. the weather really sucks in california right now. it hasn't stopped raining since the weekend. so i have been doing mostly inside work. I decided to try Sithslayer78's nerf reach sniper rifle idea which was one of the best reach sniper rifles i have seen, and its turning out good. i also started pepping the air assault helmet(kat's helm).
007.jpg
[/IMG]
006.jpg
[/IMG]
005.jpg
[/IMG]
004.jpg
[/IMG]
003.jpg
[/IMG]
002.jpg
[/IMG]
001.jpg
[/IMG]

Sniper rifle is now finished and is totally awesome! i wont be able to post pics until friday but be ready cuz that ia gonna be a pic heavy day.

I was thinking of doing Carters helmet out of cardboard too!Looks like you beat me too it,very nice.I like your back piece,mines not as good tho.

Thanks! glad you like it. i would try it if i were you. i find cardboard alot easier than pepping for some reason. i will mold this one once bondo and everything is done and possibly give the first mold out for free!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back