My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awww, don't worry about it. :)
It'd be cool if there was a MLP con down in FLA; my best friend is from down there.

But yeah- "This Day Aria" was just too good. Hearing it through the sound speakers at the meet-up was amazing.
And according to EqD's poll right now, it seems like most of the community agrees. :p

What area of Florida is your friend from?

So, I decided one day to sit down and watch this show since it just so happened to be available on Netflix. And here is how it went:

*watches first episode*
Hmmm, I don't know what the hype is all about.
*watches second episode*
I should just keep watching.
*third episode*
Well, I mean, they are adorable.
*20 episodes later*
Hmm...I should just keep watching, I've gone too far, I can't turn back now...WHO AM I KIDDING, I LOVE THESE PONIES.

Ok... So I was at Target yesterday, and decided to venture down the Pony Asile... All I gotta say is, who the hell is in charge of product design? Because they have obviously never watched the show. Twilight on a scooter, Pinkie Pie had Fluttershy's hair, and Celestia was pink, with a yellowish-bluish-greenish mane. (aside from being on a scooter, Twi DID look the most like she should out of everypony.)

So, I decided one day to sit down and watch this show since it just so happened to be available on Netflix. And here is how it went:

*watches first episode*
Hmmm, I don't know what the hype is all about.
*watches second episode*
I should just keep watching.
*third episode*
Well, I mean, they are adorable.
*20 episodes later*
Hmm...I should just keep watching, I've gone too far, I can't turn back now...WHO AM I KIDDING, I LOVE THESE PONIES.

Welcome to the Herd! :D

Speaking of Netflix...they recently added Season 2 for streaming!

Although it sucks that they added the "crappy version" of The Last Roundup episode... :(

Diaryboy, please don't post images like that. We don't want to get in trouble here.

Shadow, what boxsets are you talking about?

I meant that only the first batch of DVDs for the 2nd season include the unaltered Derpy / dialogue. The majority of them, and any being produced shortly after its original release would have the same voice actor, but different accent, lesser-derped eyes, and not be called "Derpy" by RD. So any originals will definitely be hard to find.

I allready mentioned my wish to add a NLR logo to my gravity hammer, but I can't decide on a logo
I've narrowed it down to either Metrukuta, Makkon or CarmineBurner's logo. I think the last one would fit it best as it has a kind of Celtic look, and matches Covvie symbols closest.
I'm also going to stencil "Malleus Nocte" under the logo (Hammer of Night). I was also considering "Hammer of Darkness/Shadow/Dusk" (Reference to Hammer of Dawn), meaning "Tenebris", "Umbra" and "Opacare" respectively, so if you think any of those are more appropriate, I'd love to hear your opinions!

Last edited by a moderator:
Go with CarmineBurner's logo, but have it in a light blue-ish color.

Deffinately use "Malleus Nocte".

It will all fit really well!

Alright, Carmine's logo it is! I've just done a few test images in Fireworks CS5, the best position is either horizontal (If the hammer's upright) at the top of the blade, or horizontal on the middle "box" section between the head and the blade. Light blue looks too much like the lights (As I'm painting those on), so I think it should either be darkish blue, or the original red (Particularly if I go with light blood spatter effect on the blade, still deciding on that though).

For the text I'll match the logo colour I decide on, and the typeface will be either the elvish font on the one ring, or Norse style runes (So that the words aren't instantly readable).

Dash's back.

freefall2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back