My Method Of Makeing A Odst Visor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unity

Hello,

These are some odst visors I made By cutting some plastic and glueing together. Here's what you need

Midwest medium plastic sheet (or any other bendable plastic)

dry erase marker

Paper vsor cut out (not folded and glued)

Super glue (I used "zap-a-gap")

Take each peice of the paper visor and trace on to the plastic sheet.

Cut out the lines you traced

Glue together. I've found 1 drop works fine for a crease. Remember, You don't want to smear the glue.

The final product should look something like this-

[attachment=13744:Halo 3 visor 2.jpg]

[attachment=13743:Halo 3 visor 1.jpg]

[attachment=13745:Halo 3 odst visor s.jpg]

Hope this method works for you.

Jacob

Raine342 said:
These look pretty nice. Any way that you could think of to smooth out those seams?

I'm currently working on a way to make the whole visor with one cut out. Thanks for the complement.

Last edited by a moderator:
looks great for the seam you could always make it one cut out instead however many pieces there are ill post a diagram to show what i mean.

EDIT this is what i mean

odstvisorthingy.jpg

picture kinda came out bad but the bends are what is red if you cant tell the color

Th3 FETT MAN said:
looks great for the seam you could always make it one cut out instead however many pieces there are ill post a diagram to show what i mean.

EDIT this is what i mean

odstvisorthingy.jpg

picture kinda came out bad but the bends are what is red if you cant tell the color

Thanks i'll try it.

Last edited by a moderator:
the only spot you might need ti to be seperated(not two different pieces)but in the half circle bend the out side edges will have to be cut to get it to fold

You can also polish out the plastic. Micromark makes a great set of polishing pads,like $15.00. IT'll buff out those seams in no time.

hope you dont JBetts i made a tempate just for fun if anyone need but i need to scale it alittle better

odstvisorv1.png

Tell me what you think and im not trying to jack your thread just wanted to help out :)

that's not too bad. gives a good look at what some people can try and do without vacuum forming. nice work!

Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone. I'm glad I could give you some ideas.

Fettman- Thanks for the template.

BobaFet- I'll have to try some of those polishing pads.

Thanks again everyone,

Jacob

Anyone have a video for vacuum fornming a visor? I've seen a tutorial on how to make a vacuum former , But I would like to see a viso of someone making a visor with a vacuum former. Thanks,

Jacob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back