">
f0xtr0t09
015.jpg
">
016.jpg
">
f0xtr0t09
003.jpg
Some of you have seen my past endeavors with the MKVI and maybe some of you saw how poorly everything was scaled, so I started over and got much better results after following Xtreme tactic's scaling tutorial, as well as receiving help from many members of the 405t as well. I have pepped the whole left arm, am currently working on the right bicep, and have already pepped both an SMG-lionheart, and a Carbine-DF4L, planning to also finish another SMG, and then the Highly detailed 36 page Beam Rifle-Bevbor(hope I spelt that correctly). No rushing just going to try to take as much time as possible to perfect everything.

*Update 10/31/09 Happy Halloween! I have just finished my Right shoulder which means I have both arms done, looking forward to finishing legs next and then the all important middle pieces, helmet, chest, cod.

*By the way an unfortunate accident has occured in which the skin on my hand literally melted off. I was trying to pull the glue gun cord out from under my chair to make my glueing experience and the glue gun fell on the back of my hand and the skin practically slid off. A good reason why while the glue gun can be easy to use, it can also be dangerous.

what files did you use for your front arm piece? I used the one on the wiki site and it plugged up the end so i cannot try it on :angry and i really wanted to try it on....lol

haha well I am using the high definition forearms by Nugget and Ral Partha, you can just cut out the ends though... you know that right? :)

I recommend doing the Nightshade SMG. It is a lot of fun to make and you have the optional silencer.

I remember when I tried making the beam rifle... got about 15% done and gave up because it was too dificult. best of luck

Thank you, Im not going to give up, I might take a break every once in a while because lets be honest thats gonna be a bitch to pull off haha, but I have until next October to get it all good and done! Also thank you for the tip on the smg.

009-SPA-yes I am left eye dominant, but I am ambidextrous, it just feels more natural for me to hold a rifle that way.

GiR3892-Thank you very much.

really awesome pepped weapons, i always ask myself if it would be worth pepping the guns, but youve shown me it def is!

Haha thanks, well I guess it really is all preference, I just thought it actually would be easier to make a carbine out of pep because I was intimidated by scratch builds, and I also just love the carbine, probably my replacement for the BR, while many may argue that, thats fine.

Also thank you for all the support. Definitley going to keep me going.

*Note my grandfather is an unbelievable artist, and Ive been keeping him up to date on my work, and he is coming in a few weeks. I am going to try and get all of the pieces pepped and resined by then because he said he is going to show me the "proper way to apply fiberglass" and maybe he can help me with the bondo stage if he is here long enough!

thats awsome. by dad is an amazing artist also. a quick chronicle of his works: he works for the simpsons currently, he did work for MTV and he created art for the movie Thin Red Line, which isn't very known-of but is said to be better than "Saving Private Ryan" (excluding the opening battle-scene of SPV) thats just a small amount of things. when he was 12 he was hired by an amusement park to do self portraits for people who paid, and at the end of the day the line was so long that it went out of the park and around several blocks xD but he won't help me until summer, and i don wanna wait that long, lol, so you're lucky xD

f0xtr0t09 said:
haha well I am using the high definition forearms by Nugget and Ral Partha, you can just cut out the ends though... you know that right? :)

Actually no i did not...i was kind of wondering though...So just cut out that piece that plugs the hole up? or just a circle in that piece?

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only one who likes the pic of the SG next to the SMG? cause that's awesome.

i love the work so far. especially because you're one of the few covenant weapon pep enthusiasts. freakin' awesome!

Thank you, I just love the function of the covenant weapons, and how they work, plus I think that it would simply be more interesting to make a colorful weapon rather than basic black and grey.

*Update 10/31/09 Happy Halloween! I have just finished my Right shoulder which means I have both arms done, looking forward to finishing legs next and then the all important middle pieces, helmet, chest, cod.

*By the way an unfortunate accident has occured in which the skin on my hand literally melted off. I was trying to pull the glue gun cord out from under my chair to make my glueing experience and the glue gun fell on the back of my hand and the skin practically slid off. A good reason why while the glue gun can be easy to use, it can also be dangerous.

**I thought about how when other people make wip threads, you have to go through the whole topic which means 20 or so pages, so instead I have placed all pictures at the top and am going to post my updates up there as well.**

*Update 11/11/09 Happy Veterans day everyone! A huge update since my last, I have glassed most of my pieces and got even more ready for resin! My grandpa also told me quite a few tricks of the trade that I wouldn't have even though of before! For instance, adding plaster of paris to the resin mix, will make the resin thicker, and it will cure stronger and thicker. Also, Baby powder is a blessing when dealing with the sticky resin and trying to glass. Just rub a little baby powder on your gloves when your working, and it stops any kind of sticking. Next, you should rip the fiberglassmat, not cut it, because you are looking for the linking of the separate fibers for strength and support, and straight cuts won't allow for that. Lastly, you should tap on the fiberglass because if you brush the fiberglass you will end up moving it around from where you first placed it. I will put a supplies list up for all the extra stuff people dont usually think of. Happy costuming!
156.jpg
158.jpg
157.jpg
155.jpg
154.jpg

Ok so I said I would give a general depiction of what I use for my methods. Well here is a basic overlay of the indoor worktable. The supplies lists will be with their pictures.
159.jpg
In this picture is -Baby powder, Latex gloves, 1 & 2 inch chip brushes, scizzors, acetone, liquid hardener, a paint mixer or two, and resin. The acetone is for cleaning the brushes and washing resin off your skin. Keep paper towels handy!

160.jpg
In this is Plaster of paris, plastic cups with measurements, a big bucket for the fiberglass mat, fiberglass mat, plastic cover for the table, and as said in the previous pictures list, paper towels.
161.jpg
And lastly when you are confined to using the indoors in cases like rain or cold temperatures, I use fans for ventilation, but most importantly a floor heater, because of its beautiful ability of being able to literally throw heat in a direction! Makes curing doable in cold temperatures.
162.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back