Naval Pilot (update Starting The Full Armor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Privateer said:
I started with one block of white to build up the padding room then 1.5 blocks of grey I guess Iused aproxx. 10 or 12lbs of clay but I started with a oversized head cast it was maybe 1/4" larger than my head all the way around. the sculpt should leave plenty or room for padding, and the black box in the rear will eliminate the need to stuff electrics in with your melon.

Yeah, well I basically made my own head sculpt out of a ball.......that was significantly smaller than my head. Basically I took a collapsable soccer ball.........thing, then wrapped it in duct tape. I am starting to think 10 more pounds unfortunately. Well unfortunately, the model I am sculpting doesn't have a big black box sticking out the back of it, so that aint gonna work. Plus I may be able to get away with null for electronics. My bro is the electrical engineer, not me.

EDIT: w00t w00t! first post of the page!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well we have sucess!! I pulled the first one this morning and ran out of smoothcast lol but with a little filler this will be the best helm yet for me. I still need to smooth the visor area so it fits snug with no gaps and smooth out the lower rim and chin where my inexperience with moulding screwed me :cautious: but its nothing a little filler wont fix.

P3150248.jpg

P3150249.jpg

Cheers!!

With your Naval pilot suit, you can truly say... 'Listen to my ROFLCOPTER, it goes SOI SOI SOI!!!"

I havent used chavant but plasticina is fairly hard untill you work it or warm it up in a dish of hot water then it cools rapidly and regains its firmess. I will post up pics of my mould later when I get back home not much to look at but it works. I used Rebound 25 with a fiberglass mother mould and smoothcast 300 I got one mould and one pull from the 2lb trial kits. The rebound is a bit thin on the lower edges of the helm and is a bit of a challange to get to stay put in the mothermould but Im working on a way to make it sticl to the shell and stay in place.

Cheers!

I ran into the same problem around the neck opening on the ODST. I went back with thickened Rebound and added a lip to the mold to contain the resin near the opening.

Looks excellent! Makes me want to go get my marine armor back in shape so it will match. Get an interest list going when you get more resin because I want to be on it :D.

good idea to build around the visor! Turn out really good! sharp edges look good, and it is smooth.
Could we get a look at your mold? Great Work!

dude, this is really nice!
you have good sculpting skills. the helmet sort of reminds me of the CQB, but not as big.

Ok Ok calm ye selves here be yer pics of me mould, I know yer thinkin dam ye for hoardin the pics but we jus made port this very hour. LOL Sorry a bit o me faire character is coming out Savve. Ok here is the mould not much to look at but it will work for a limited run as soon as I add a more solid lip around the bottom and a chin plate that is.

P3150257.jpg

P3150254.jpg

P3150253.jpg

And how does one go about creating a intrest thread and in what section might I ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back