Nerds with Girls???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am yet another one of these so called nerdy people and I still gets people. This is mainly because I am yet another one of these illusive gamer chicks. :) Guys love it when they see a chick in armor. Especially when I where my Mandalorian armor (cause it's got boob plates! :D). My spartan suit is what brought my boyfriend to me during an anime con.

And even if you (male mando) are in your helmet, and are "looking", Femmando's will still know, even if you do not move your head! and you gotta be careful, them Femmando's are deadly!

I'm a ex jock turned nerd. About a year ago I made my wife realize she is a nerd too. I love anything superman and she just kept calling me a nerd for it then she would talk about Harry potter and charmed. This past comic con she went as wonder women. That's when it was full blown nerd city for her. Now she wants me to make her the costume that Natasha Irons wears. I'm going as Steel and she will be Steel girl. Look it up it's a sweat costume.

This is true. When you spend long periods of time in a armor surrounded by others in armor, you can just tell these things. :)

And Femmandos are very very dangerous! >:D I know I sure am.

I tend to settle into long term relationships. Of course, my last one was a rollercoaster ride from Hell, when she developed multiple personalities...

I just wish I had the time. I love gaming, though my preferred method is on the computer rather than a console. I enjoy shooting. I love to rappel. I have a passing familiarity with several of the Marvel and DC super heroes, really dig the original Transformers, play Battletech, and am now getting into the Armor scene. Most of which I have to leave hanging for months on end once or twice a year.

And amongst all of that, I have a full time job, Guard drills, being gone for long periods of time on deployments, both combat and not, and then my last job that I only ever get to do anything with once or twice a year.

I need a break. I need a good woman whom I can relax with. Showing the same amount of interest in my life as I would in hers would be great, especially if we can stand the sight of each other.

In any case, I figure I'll find another one when I find her. I'm not in any hurry. In the mean time... My money is mine to do with as I please, I can hang with the guys as long sa I've taken care of the dog, don't have anyone complaining about my snoring, and just packing up and going doesn't require planning in advance or three weeks worth of clothes for a weekend long trip.

This is interesting, because I wouldn't really call myself a nerd. When I comes to girls, I'm more of a Warthog Gunner, if you know what I mean. I'm not into anything weird though. In other words, I prefer the ones who can take responsibility for themselves and aren't looking for security in a relationship (you know what I mean, the girls who walk down the street with their boyfriend's arm round them like they own them). It's great being able to see the kind of people you like a mile off, but it's just a shame there's not many of them.

I have major lady issues. :p

(Is it just me or does asking a girl on a date mean just a date? I have always lived under the assumption that when you ask a girl out it is for one date, not to be in a relationship. Please correct me if this is not correct social protocol).

Yeah, I never understood that one either.

But I am a total nerd into video games and computers and costuming (of course). I even wear a backpack shaped like yoda to school and carry my lightsaber in it haha. (Mind you, I am also in my senior year of highschool). And the girls love it, but I just have so much difficulty talking to girls that I have crushes on.

If I had a yoda backpack, I would wear it. All the time. And if i find a suitable robe or something i'll dress as a jedi everyday and grow a beard and be like my hero, Obi-Wan Kenobi. I'm a senior too! 2011 FTW.

I like how some of the members are giving advice to others. Glad to see we are a close community.

Ditto.

By far the oddest thread i had thought to see in a halo website. You could write a book on the info in this thread. lol

Seriously though, its possible for a nerd. Although i haven't had one yet, even though i live in Red Deer which has the biggest population of single woman and girls in Alberta. Now that i have a job i have money, not just well dressed and a nice guy attitude. Still have major shyness problem and fear of rejection though, so I'll wait a bit longer.

Also, the mythical Nerdy girls that every nerd goes after seems to be just a myth in Alberta, most girls out here are after money from Oil rich rig workers and all that bull.

If the "nerd" factor is actually a factor at all, either your would-be-love is more shallow than a puddle, or you're taking nerdy-ness to an extreme no man or woman should ever experience.

As long as you don't speak fluently in Star Trek/Star Wars/Halo/etc. quotes (if you do, get help), then being a nerd shouldn't really be an issue to any sensible person.

Everything in moderation, I suppose.

If the "nerd" factor is actually a factor at all, either your would-be-love is more shallow than a puddle, or you're taking nerdy-ness to an extreme no man or woman should ever experience.

As long as you don't speak fluently in Star Trek/Star Wars/Halo/etc. quotes (if you do, get help), then being a nerd shouldn't really be an issue to any sensible person.

Everything in moderation, I suppose.

NO such thing as too much nerd!!! NOW PREPARE TO FEAR MY LASERFACE!!! (Red vs Blue Recreation)

HELLZ YA I STILL GOT GAME! Im a hardcore Halo, Star Wars, Gears nerd, etc. But when it comes down to it, im shtill shmooth with da ladies!!! =P

if u really like a girl hit her with a dodgeball
Interesting...I must try this.

Heh, it would be weird as hell to chuck a dodgeball in the middle of an eletronics store.

-Pony

I think its totally possible for a nerd to get a girl. Ive been going out with my girlfriend for about 4 months now. (I am only in high school still so thats pretty good) and I am a majot nerd at my school. I could probably awnser any star wars or halo question you ask me.

i am the the perfect example of someone who is in limbo. while i can rip apart a computer and spew halo facts like no tomorrw, other than that im not much of a nerd. i did badly at school (to busy reading halo novels and hacking computers) yet is till act like one, but when it comes to the ladies, i fail even more. though, its probarbly just as bad for those apparent nerdy girls (do they realy exist or are they all stupid hipsters?)

I got the Girl. married 8.5 years ....and still very happy :cool:

Sorry couldn't leave just like that, sounded to much like bragging. So I'll say this as a former MARINE. Allot of women like a man in uniform, And the only differences from a set of dress blues and a set of armor is at least she'll know you're good with you're hands.

Peace, my friends. Good thing always come to those whom have patience.

I'm a major nerd and i've had a girlfriend for about 3 years, but here's the tip, get a nerdy girlfriend! Mine almost out geeks me. D:
Nerd's the new cool now though, in the UK at least. The ladies be in for the geekery. ;D
-Elliot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back