Props Nerf Reach Assault Rifle PIC HEAVY

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is great work. The nice clean paint job and the ammo counter really sell it. Lots of awesome detail in the back. Is that just MDF?

I would be honored if this went elite but that's totally up to the mods I'm not aware of their standards. And yep anything besides the foregrip and the bondo front peices is all MDF you can tell in the progress shots with the light brown color. I used some drywall putty to seal the porous edges and sanded then sanded some more.

Thanks guys I'm glad it was such a success! Yes i know it's obvious once you look that there's a recon under there but i saw someone trying to completely encase the gun in stuff to cover it up and that's just too much modding for me. I worked around the details of the gun to make sure it had just the right amount of looks and still functioned 100 %.

A question with the flash hider,
Did you use A Pre-made Flash hider, say a airsoft scar flash hider? or was it made from scratch?

-thanks

Epic man... I really can't describe what I thought when I first saw that pic. But it did involve religion, and some bio waste, not really apropriate in the forums but you get the point. Kudos to you.

An excellent, excellent, job Skylow. I think the real success of it is it's size. Building upon a model with the features you want and adapting it to look like the MA37 was a great design choice.;)

If only Nerf made a bullpup.

Lol thank you guys so much I'm really glad everyone likes it. You're right if only Nerf made a bullpup but they're coming out with so many new guns i can tell I'm going to be busy, i recently picked up an alpha trooper and i already have thoughts about a reach shotgun mod.

ok two questions

1. did you cut apart any of the recon gun?

2. would you mind if i used your design to make my own (not for molding or selling of course, purely for my own enjoyment)

i ask only because this is the MOST amazing nerf mod i've ever seen.

Your work is incredible. I just have a few small questions...
Firs off, what is this?
_DSC0054.jpg
Also, what did you use to keep the Maglite in place without it turning in place when you turn it on?

Whose pepakura file did you use?

I dig the Recon CS-6 as it sits, but this...makes my wonder if I can do it too. Especially since a Hobby Lobby just opened up in town.

ok two questions

1. did you cut apart any of the recon gun?

2. would you mind if i used your design to make my own (not for molding or selling of course, purely for my own enjoyment)

i ask only because this is the MOST amazing nerf mod i've ever seen.

I only used the gun itself, the barrel attachment, and i cut the clip off of the stock and just used that to anchor the back. Thank you! Absolutely, feel free to base yours off of this !

Your work is incredible. I just have a few small questions...
Firs off, what is this?
Also, what did you use to keep the Maglite in place without it turning in place when you turn it on?

Whose pepakura file did you use?

That is the fore-grip made from pvc pipe with a textured styrene sheet on the outside for grip. The fore-grip is filled with great stuff spray foam that has a hole drilled in it the exact size of the maglight (that's the hole you're seeing in the front there) and at the front where the fore-grip connects to the gun is a foam ring to keep it in place. I got most of my supplies from hobby town USA hobby lobby doesn't tend to sell styrene or plastic sheeting. The pep file i used is here

http://www.4shared.com/file/fablkk0D/Reach_AR.html

But i only used the top 3 parts as a rondo mold. you may need to scale it up 10% and i did use some other individual parts of the pep file as a template for cutting my MDF which you can get cheapest at home depot.

I hope everyone has good luck with their own and if there's anything else you want to know feel free to ask !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back