New halo: Reach live action trailer- deliver hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
From CVG:
An extended version of "Deliver Hope" will debut exclusively on YouTube the week of 6th September.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=261919

And here's a post by Mancannon/Sketch/Brian from another forum:

you guys nailed it - essentially this is Kat pre-arm loss - the mission in which she lost it - and presumably the original noble six you replace at the start of Reach the game. This was Bungies position, that it's not actually on Reach - but its intentionally nebulous. Casual fans won't care and will assume it's Reach, hardcore fans know it cant be.

well it was a good trailer.. i just expected... well.. more to it..
it felt weirdly unrealistic.. i dont know this could just be me, but i found the impact to kat wasnt very strong, as if she could just get back up again..
maybe its just me comparing it to the awesomeness of the neil blomkamps odst short..

so excited for reach!
the only part I didn't like was the jetpacking :/ seemed cheesey to me.
but whatever, the rest was amazing! : o

I wonder if that was the noble six you were to replace in Halo Reach :p

on the waypoint interview of the girl who designed the kat suit she said and confirmed that they made a NOBLE SIX suit.......

this trailer is on reach and in this trailer 6 does a reverse kurt.....

a kurt is a catchy phrase with a mortally wounded spartan lying on the ground followed by a elite doing some speech and a nuke or 2 going off......

a reverse kurt is a spartan not saying anything and running and carrying some explosive and triggering it's detonation in a middle of covies........

look at around .12 or .13 seconds, the marine is holding a halo 3 assault rifle

As far as kat goes, if you look at her right shoulder after she gets hit it does look damaged (it looks orangish and burnt) so it probably is supposed to be when she lost her arm.

I think the trailer was awesome, I think the explosions were a little too obviously little jugs of gas that were set off and I agree with acenat that the explosion from the banshee wasn't big enough, but then again, this wasnt a michael bay budgeted movie.

Plus I think nothing is ever going to be good enough for us :)

I concur with all the feelings that it was too comicy/actiony/unreal. I really want to like this trailer, but something about it just doesn't captivate me the way We Are ODST did.

on the waypoint interview of the girl who designed the kat suit she said and confirmed that they made a NOBLE SIX suit.......
Noble 6 is the six member of Noble team, so if your character was on... say... beta team he would be beta (insert number here)
So, in reach, Noble 6 replaces Noble 6

I concur with all the feelings that it was too comicy/actiony/unreal. I really want to like this trailer, but something about it just doesn't captivate me the way We Are ODST did.

I think the WE ARE ODST shorts were ment to be more "down to earth" human-like feelings. the fact that not everyone can be a Spartan gets their hopes down, but when people hear that ODSTs are just a marine that went through special training, the players can relate to the Marine less the Spartan. they tried to capture that part of us, and they did really well doing it.

Ooh. It looks nice, but I can't get over how the Spartans seem to run like American footballers.

Can't wait to see more of it, especially the Elite costume they made.

So I'm looking into the "Marine" situation on this short film, and it looks like they are wearing Legacy Effects ODST armor, sans backpack for most of them, and sans gauntlets. Also, the helmets aren't ODST helmets, they are Reach Marine/Army helmets. Of what I can tell (through faded lighting and smoke and rubble, mind you), it looks like they are based on the same costumes in the previous live-action short (everyone's favorite all-talk one), but with the thigh armor being worn on the legs instead of tucked up under the backpack, and the shins/knees added back.

pretty much. They probably spent so much money on the CG and Spartan Costumes, they were going to go over budget or something.

Noble 6 is the six member of Noble team, so if your character was on... say... beta team he would be beta (insert number here)
So, in reach, Noble 6 replaces Noble 6

........ it's the noble six that you play as.....

I would have said THOM for a reason and NOT THOM/OLD NOBLE 6

but I MEANT (NEW) B312(N6 Who YOU PLAY)

Well. Explosions galore, flippy ragdollness, rushed jetpack scene.

Has anyone ever noticed they've never shown energy shield flare in any of the Halo live-action shorts?

Watching it the third time through, all I could think about was the multiplayer announcer going "Bomb dropped. Bomb taken. Bomb planted. Bomb detonated."

Sounds like great minds thinking alike, JBetts97. Also, consider that these promos have to be written, scripted, and filmed months and months before, and Bungie is very tight-lipped about their storylines (which is why the Believe ads were non-canon). The same thing may have happened here, so this is just "generic action sequence #42". Note that N6 (I'm just going to assume it's N6) is wearing the HUL upgrade, which was featured in the premiere trailer, and then downgraded to the base model for later trailers (to keep N6 looking the most generic). They might have made the prop so far in advance that they built the one with the helmet attachment from back then.

Thanks for bringing that up! I never thought about that. BUT you would think that they would provide the film makers with that information.

I'm actually wondering if this is pre-noble 6, since: 1. Kat still has her arm, and taking a point blank shot like that could have very well rendered her arm useless. 2. The Noble 6esque character could be the fallen member of noble team; this could be his final moments. Anyone else think this maybe true.

Yeah, thats what im thinking.

........ it's the noble six that you play as.....

I would have said THOM for a reason and NOT THOM/OLD NOBLE 6

but I MEANT (NEW) B312(N6 Who YOU PLAY)

The guy tossing the bomb in this is Noble 6, but not the player character, so its pretty obvious this is the reason for the player joining the squad. This is set before reach and is not on Reach (It's also how Kat loses her arm).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back