New halo: Reach live action trailer- deliver hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm looking into the "Marine" situation on this short film, and it looks like they are wearing Legacy Effects ODST armor, sans backpack for most of them, and sans gauntlets. Also, the helmets aren't ODST helmets, they are Reach Marine/Army helmets. Of what I can tell (through faded lighting and smoke and rubble, mind you), it looks like they are based on the same costumes in the previous live-action short (everyone's favorite all-talk one), but with the thigh armor being worn on the legs instead of tucked up under the backpack, and the shins/knees added back.

Yes, that is interesting. The "marines" in the "patrol" short had on odst armor (with no helmets) . I would like to see some of those unsc army helmets UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL!! lol

pretty much. They probably spent so much money on the CG and Spartan Costumes, they were going to go over budget or something.

Well, I wasn't necessarily saying that to talk about it in a low or over-budget sense. I personally like the fact that they're using the LE stuff. Why waste a good thing if you still have it? I mean I know that the Reach Marines/Army have a totally different look than the ODST, but if they're all background characters in this short and don't really get any screen time, and if you have stuff to fill in those spots that fits in at a glance, then you can put your efforts elsewhere in the film (like toward the spartan armor like you suggested).

Also, it just means more LE ODST stuff for me to build. :p

Indeed, and this is why Thom (the previous Noble Six) died.
That nuke went off before he got out of that ship, so thats why he died. And also take in mind the armor, his is customized, while us, aka the new Noble Six, isn't customized (yet).
This also almost made me cry.
Seeing Kat blown up and such.

Indeed, and this is why Thom (the previous Noble Six) died.
That nuke went off before he got out of that ship, so thats why he died. And also take in mind the armor, his is customized, while us, aka the new Noble Six, isn't customized (yet).
This also almost made me cry.
Seeing Kat blown up and such.

I didn't see any custom gear 'cept the jet pack

So beautiful... I refuse to criticize this at all. You guys know how close we are? 18 days and counting. We're almost there.

Edit: Just found that Bungie is now allowing players to redeem their Halo 1 activation keys on their site. Just unlocked mah virtual swag! :D

I concede guys!.....

It's Thom not "our N6"

I saw a ghost light gray(using model paint color terms here)/light gray coloring, and FJ/Para knee plates and the helmet had the comm-uplink thing attachment

Much better than the last trailer. I agree that the whole jetpack sequence was a little off putting, but I've felt that way about the idea of Jetpacks in the Halo universe since the beginning.

Has anyone ever noticed they've never shown energy shield flare in any of the Halo live-action shorts?
In fairness, this is the first time we've ever actually seen Spartans in live action, so that has a lot to do with it.

That being said, I've actually thought about this quite a bit in my various speculations over the Halo film, and now in my own concepting for my fanfilm. Garland's first draft of the Halo movie script seemed to go back and forth about whether or not Chief even had them. I think the fear is that energy shields may simply not be cinematic.

warning..NOOB question..

IS there any Spartan-IIIs besides GAMA or Noble fighting on Reach?

In all actualality most Spartan-IIIs are dead by REACH, so its my belief that there will be two story arcs in the game..much like Chief/Arbiter in Halo2.

One will follow the books blue/red team and another noble team.

In fairness, this is the first time we've ever actually seen Spartans in live action, so that has a lot to do with it.

That being said, I've actually thought about this quite a bit in my various speculations over the Halo film, and now in my own concepting for my fanfilm. Garland's first draft of the Halo movie script seemed to go back and forth about whether or not Chief even had them. I think the fear is that energy shields may simply not be cinematic.
But we've seen combat against enemies who are shielded. Brutes in We Are ODST were wearing the post-Halo 2 armor, which is shielded, and the Elites in this video wear armor that's always been shielded. The WETA trailers didn't show shield flare, even though they took place immediately prior to Halo 3.

There's been no shield flare, and it kinda bugs me.

Just a reminder that GametrailersTV is on any minute now on SpikeTV, and at some point they'll have a behind the scenes of the Deliver Hope short...

Very cool stuff in there! Didn't know some of those people did voicework in Reach... and oh gawd the space combat!!

And only a couple of really cool live-action behind the scenes shots. But they were pretty frickin nice.

GTTV usually goes up the next day online for those who missed it - and for some of us to screencap.

A special photograph giving a better look of the Reach troopers:

46288_1582801206800_1138818633_31623273_5870248_n.jpg

Person in the middle is one of the sculptors.

Shot of Carter suit from UK launch via bungie.net:

derek_uk.jpg

Very cool @ that first photo!
Caught the second one in the BWU too, but so far not finding any other shots or video from that event. I'll keep trying throughout the weekend for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back