Newb Armour

Status
Not open for further replies.

14thwarrior

i have started making some armour for halloween and dont know if i have enough time and if i should stop and change the type of armour that i am making

i am planning to make a halo2 odst with marine shoulders but not sure about firbreglassing and the rest

i have made a helmet a knife and 1 and a half shoulders out of card

will post better pictures

i dont think i liek it because there are the new halo odst helmets and i printed one of on paper but all the numbers are overlapping and its taking ages to cut

Well... I started last tuesday and had everything pepped by thursday night. Note I made a low detail MKVI suit. I don't want anyhting really detailed I just want something recognizable.

I'm finished up the resin today, I only have 2 more pieces to resin. I am skipping the fiberglassing stage, I may come back to this armor and fibgerglass/bondo it.

I'm happy with how it is turning out. I am not expecting anything spectacular from my build but like I said, I just want something recognizable.

It is possible to get a suit done in 11 days, but the quality may suffer.

If you take 3-4 days to pep, then on a good day with good weather you could get the resin done in 1 day, I wouldn't know how long fiberglassing would take, but say..2 days...

That's 6-7 days. Leaves you 4-5 days for fitting and detailing.

Edit: here's everything I pepped in 3 days:

all.jpg

i mignt make a mark 6 helm instead...

could you point me somwere that would explain resining and fibreglassing?i dont really want to fibreglass as i have till sunday :eek thers an event at my city for halloween anyway going to use mark 6 helm because it will be more recognizable.

please point me somewhere to explain resining.

You could try paper mache. I made a helmet out of the stuff, and it's fairly strong. Just don't sit on your project.

looking good! , dont worry if you miss this halloween you have another year to do some thing awesome ;) , keep up the good work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back