Nintendudes Mark 6 Completed ( Page 2 )

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see your suit Nintendude. And the forearms and biceps are still over here in Florida. I think your order should come anytime now.

Great to see updates! Who's forearms did you decide on to use? I take you're using Cobra's biceps. Great work for such low-def pieces thoguh.

I should have the final or close to final pictures taken today the only part left to do is the inner thigh of the low def pieces which I'll be using black fabric and quilt batting to do that with which will make it easier to put it on and off with. I used a combination of the two boba I think I used your forearms and cobras biceps I think. Using 3" wide velcro instead of nylon straps should be intresting.

Good job Nintendude, Please post pics of how you attach the chest to backplate. I just guessed when I did my sons costume last year and I want to get it right on mine.

The chest and back on mine were attached with 3" wide velcro but nylon strapping and backpack style buckles are what are normally used. My armor was done in time for All-Con and this is just one of the pictures.My next build will be a Space Marine I plan to be the first to bring one to a All-Con convention.

Me with a few Fetts

168zozm.jpg

A friend of mine took this picture

vimg7b.jpg

Nice work John!! Turned out looking pretty good!! I hope your space marine goes just as well
wink.gif

-Matt

looks fantastic Nintendude and that Assault Rifle looks amazing :D . But in all seriousness this some really sexy armor, nice job Nintendude.

Thanks but unfortunatly at the end of the day I unveiled it I did'nt do the boots and shins very good so by the end of the day they were beyond damaged. So I gave my costume away to Los Bastardos Rocky Horror Picture Show people but I will rebuild another costume to be bigger, and stronger. It at least lasted the costume competiton.

I was there to see it in person. Too bad those Mandalorians beat him in the costume contest.

@Nintendude: put up more pics from the con if you can.

Blasphemy! You used a Rubie's helmet >: (

The rest looks pretty good :)

@AlexSparten, Where is that vid from? the only reach vid I know of is the Multi-player alpha one.

Looks like ya had fun! Pretty cool! Did you use felt or something for those ribs on the inside of the thighs?

The inner thigh part was double knit polyester with quilt batting that using the Crackhead09 files for refrence I cut out the fabric and it was actually one layer on top of another all held together with hot glue not one stick was used on the thigh fabric. Theres always next year and a diffrent costume I always say.

looks vry nice! and that rubies helm really doesnt look bad at all, I had considered buying one when the halloween stores were still open, but wasnt sure about how it would look with a pep suit.

Wow. All I can say is I hope my suit turns out half that nice. Looks awesome. Nice to see someone else from Arkansas here that has nice armor. Seeing this makes me want to get back to pepping the rest of the suit. Hmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back