Noble 6 with canon upgrades build

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ This.

If you have a spare pair of glasses handy that you can remove the lenses from, you can play around with installing them in the helmet at the correct positions.

Thirdly, I've seen one or two people use lensed sporting goggles successfully. I don't know how feasible that is for you, but it's just a suggestion.

I've got a question for everyone, hopefully people see this.. For those Spartans who have needs for glasses, what do you do? I'm pretty sure I sized my helmet right and it doesn't leave room for the arms of the frame at all. What do you do?
Your eyes should've been corrected during the augmentation process.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Your eyes should've been corrected during the augmentation process.

Due to overexposure and other complications(read: energy sword to the face!) during the Fall ofReach, replacements were needed. Let me tell ya, filling out the requisition forms was a doozy! Had to fill out all sorts of paperwork for the CO, he still brings it up every time he sees me..

Update time! Finally got work in this last weekend, highly unusual for me with work and family normally taking up my time. My cat decided to trample my work in the night so I obviously freaked out, whooped the cat, and found a safe place to store it for a while or at least til it gets bigger.

20160706_232015.jpg
20160706_231959.jpg
20160706_232052.jpg
20160706_232034.jpg

And here's just a fun picture for ****s and giggles..
maxresdefault (3).jpg

Haven't really been successful with the brow portion, I think I chopped it up wrong in Pep Designer. I went back in tonight and tried to change the way the parts work together so hopefully that works. I guess we'll see by the end of the weekend..

I see you printed with the materials still on your model - if you don't mind my say-so, that's quite a waste of ink. Work's looking good otherwise, mind you - if you need further help with the file, please don't hesitate to prod me.

Well.. it's not my ink, so I don't mind. In Blender the colors were all different shades and you could tell, but Pep couldn't really see that, so it doesn't look as cool as I had intended. If this doesn't work out, I'm definitely removing materials next time.

Edit: Thank you for the offer, if anything comes up I will definitely message you.

Well.. it's not my ink, so I don't mind. In Blender the colors were all different shades and you could tell, but Pep couldn't really see that, so it doesn't look as cool as I had intended. If this doesn't work out, I'm definitely removing materials next time.

You probably should, regardless - ink's a liquid and it soaks the fibres of your card. In quantities like that it can have an adverse effect on the strength of your card, since you've essentially soaked your card in liquid and then left it to dry.

Edit: Thank you for the offer, if anything comes up I will definitely message you.

That's cool. I'm around regardless.

Really? I didn't realize that. This ink is kind of weird, it's been rubbing off some of the parts, like it didn't soak at all.

I was having similar problems with my new laser printer and ink.. but I figured it was the change in my paper, I went from rough cardstock to pressed. It doesn't like ink, but for you it is definitely an over abundance/both. I'd suggest if you were wanting the colours as a kind of guide to trace over the texture and make your own where its just the detail lines. If that makes sense, It's what I do given time it really helps me with the body filler stage since I'm really anal about detail >_>.

Well either way the dice rolls, I'm making progress again. I do need to make new flaps to attach the brow portion, but that's a small price to pay to make it easier. Hard part has been that the new parts are hard to read the numbers, and it changed which numbers go where.

I also got lucky at Walmart last night and got the Noble 6 and GunGoose Megablocks set. So excited! I'll probably remove the guns and repaint it tho, since it's white and not green and they don't have gungeese in Reach =P

Re: Mk. V [AA/R] Variant Helmet Custom Build

Hey guys, I'm back with a little update. Did some more hunter/gatherer business, this forum has a wealth of files in the File Archives that I've never seen on another forum anywhere. Whilst looking at my spoils I started looking at the Data Module that AshaZev made, but I quickly got turned off from it because it was intended for foam slices. I started trying to merge the slices together in Blender, but I just couldn't get my eyes to focus so I went looking for another one and found a 3D printable model on Thingiverse.com by a user named TimSnowman. I took his file and pieced it together and trimmed it down.

Sadly mine is extremely LoDef compared to his, but I think its a decent model for Pepakura use. It is very basic looking, but its easily modifiable and the files are attached. If you make it or modify it, let me know how it went. Heres a preview of it in Pepakura unfolded. Tomorrow I should be able to have it made, and then after that I will be modifying the file again to be a cell phone case for my Galaxy S5, which currently the Data Module is about the same size.

View attachment 27294

Radical. Always stoked to see people using my models. Lookin' good so far. Looking forward to see this project progress.

So I completely derped on how to start a new topic so I guess I'll revive this poor thing.

Has anyone done the default visor color in Reach? I can't really figure out what it is. It looks like a champagne gold with like a pearlescent blue overcoat to me, but I could easily be wrong.

Also, I had to rebuild my helmet as the cats destroyed it during my hiatus. I'm starting with what I feel was my biggest challenge and I'm doing quite well with it so I'm pretty optimistic.

I've been making good progress on the helmet. Good for me anyway. Good is if I can get 2 pieces on when I work on it, and they're not totally screwed up in positioning then I'm happy.

Gratuitous crappy photo because it's the rear facing camera...
20160915_215601.jpg

I've also discovered Red vs Blue and it's super awesome. I really like Caboose, as special as he is.

Anyways, back on topic I suppose.. I feel really confident about this build now. I wish I had more time to work on it but I've been working a lot of overtime..

Cheers, to anyone who actually reads this. I know it's depressing..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back