Noble Spartan(mod's/add-on's begin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I really wish I could have gone to youmacon. Oh well.

But I got a question for ya, do you think you might be going to the Motor City comic con??

Man I really wish I could have gone to youmacon. Oh well.

But I got a question for ya, do you think you might be going to the Motor City comic con??

That's in May right? I'm not sure yet but I know that I'd love to. If you could please forward me the link to the web page.

I should be starting on Lighting next week, but till then this should tie you over. :cool

And as always, Please feel free to leave any and all input, comments, criticisms, and/or suggestions. For they are most welcomed and appreciated. (they also keep me from triple posting.) Thanks for watching my build. and remember.....
Your Dreams are always within REACH.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great video buddy! It's nice to see how everything has come together. You have done an amazing job.:)

Great video buddy! It's nice to see how everything has come together. You have done an amazing job.:)

Thank you kindly :D
Still a bit to go yet, but...I'm well on my way now.

Now it's time for something NEW. :cool

Let there be LIGHT
th_017.jpgth_016.jpgth_024.jpg
And a NEW Collar with a re-do on the neck seal.

Then as a side note I carved this out and just gave it a basic paint for now. I had to get this off the bench before I could get back to my Noble 6.
th_001.jpgth_005.jpgth_006.jpg
Landscaping done out of foam.

And as always, Please feel free to leave any and all input, comments, criticisms, and/or suggestions. For they are most welcomed and appreciated. (they also keep me from triple posting.) Thanks for watching my build. and remember.....

th_017.jpg

th_016.jpg

th_024.jpg

th_001.jpg

th_005.jpg

th_006.jpg

Thorn, the suit is looking amazing, every time I look at this thread I literally go crazy. (In a good way, of course.) XD

I really like the lighting and collar thorn. I have thought about doing that for mine but I can't decide on a design. Any thoughts to help a brotha out? Also, your landscape looks great. What type of foam did you use?

Thorn, the suit is looking amazing, every time I look at this thread I literally go crazy. (In a good way, of course.) XD

Thank you. It's people like you that inspire me to Keep going on this build, and to keep trying to make it better.

I really like the lighting and collar thorn. I have thought about doing that for mine but I can't decide on a design. Any thoughts to help a brotha out? Also, your landscape looks great. What type of foam did you use?

Thank you vshore100, coming from a someone with such a killer build as you'res that really means allot.:D

As to you're questions I should of put more info down when I posted it. Sorry it was late for me so here's the basic info.

1.) The lighting on the collar was added in between two layers of foam and the battery pack attached in the back space. The Red strobes were the easiest I found them in a all-in-one at Radio Shack. Each strobe comes with a 2AA self contained battery pack with its own on/off switch . The foam design was cut out in the same pattern as in the game. Then backed with a third piece of foam to hide the wires.

2.) The Collar was made up from a 2Ft. by 3in piece of High Denc Memory foam folded in half long ways and glued on seam. And oh yes it feels so much better then that EVA foam.:D All this was then glued into place with Hot glue onto the old style neck seal base. I did save the old seal And that was added to the collar assembly separably to give it the finished look.

Funny thing is, I just found out that I have a USA Foam Factory right around the corner from me. And if you buy the scrapes, foam work is very cheap to do.

3.) Foam on the landscaping was the HD Blue ridged from DOW. It's about $200 a sheet or so I'm told. I managed to pick up the scrapes from the "Volt" charging station build. at the Ren-Cen. Cost to me FREE:) It's used as a base to pour concrete without all the weight of sand/stone.

4.) And as a final note. I have used every type of ridged foam out there for mini Landscapes (mostly scrape) I would say that the mid grade Pink or blue from home improvement/hardware store Works best. Sorry if you were looking for the scientific styro/poly name I don't know. The thing I go off of is the smaller the air holes the more detail I can carve out with a hot-wire.:cool

Side Note: As for doing it on the cheap, if you see a bunch of foam flying around a Construction site, ask someone if they would mind if you pick up some of it and/or if you could have the scraps. Most of the time they'll be happy to let you have the small stuff. From there just use white glue to glue it all together.

I hope this has helped you and/or others enjoy the art/craft.

Part 2 on Up-grades this week.

1.)Added new Helmet liner made with memory foam ( a def a must for those long days):D

2.)Finished up back plate wiring.

3.)Finished neck seal.

4.)Did all the touch up paint. All the worn off paint was re-placed with a chrome to make it look like fresh ware.

5.)Did the mod on the cod. Front clip was cut out and belt added. The front plate now attaches with clips. I will have to strengthen the resin on this part in the spring.

6.)Did the foam inserts for the thighs. I will finish them as soon as I can get some plastic-dip.

As for the lighting...It looks like the helmet will be the next part to get wired, As soon as I can get some plexy-glass.

I will not be lighting any of the other part do to lack of space. I tried doing the thighs but there just isn't enuff room for both me and the battery's

Here's the pic's
th_IMG_2836.jpgth_IMG_2840.jpgth_IMG_2841.jpgth_IMG_2839.jpgth_IMG_2837.jpgth_IMG_2838.jpg

It will probably be a few months till the next update. It looks like I'll be winding this project down by fall, not much more I can do. But I will keep up with all comments that are posted.

Your Dreams are always within REACH. :cool

th_IMG_2836.jpg

th_IMG_2840.jpg

th_IMG_2841.jpg

th_IMG_2839.jpg

th_IMG_2837.jpg

th_IMG_2838.jpg

Here is the site for the Motor City Comic Con: http://www.motorcitycomiccon.com/

It's also right before my birthday too! :D I would LIKE to have my Hayabusa done by then, but the helmet is an issue because I don't know if the weather will be warm enough by then for me to harden it. :\

Just fantastic work! I saw that you used the this model for the chest piece and wanted to see how yours came out. I'm pretty much the same size as you and figured the scale could go down 10% like you said. The file I picked before wasn't that great and lacked some major parts, plus it was massive on me. Hopefully this time it works out since I spent more time sizing this suit unlike my last one. Great work, really impressed!

Here is the site for the Motor City Comic Con: http://www.motorcitycomiccon.com/

It's also right before my birthday too! :D I would LIKE to have my Hayabusa done by then, but the helmet is an issue because I don't know if the weather will be warm enough by then for me to harden it. :\

Thank you for the info. And I'll have wait and see how things are going the closer I get to that date. I'd love to go tho :D

Just fantastic work! I saw that you used the this model for the chest piece and wanted to see how yours came out. I'm pretty much the same size as you and figured the scale could go down 10% like you said. The file I picked before wasn't that great and lacked some major parts, plus it was massive on me. Hopefully this time it works out since I spent more time sizing this suit unlike my last one. Great work, really impressed!
Thank you kindly.
I'm Sorry to hear about you're loss, and my prayers go out to you and you'res. On a happier note You're build looks to be doing well, and I think that you will love the new chest plate. You might want to look at Forge's thigh file also. I Hope all go's well for you and it seems as tho you're build just might be a "Zen" moment for you.

As to everyone else I'm currently researching a few add-on at this time and you just might see something new soon. :D

A cool add on could be some weapons that are on Ironman or War machine :D just an idea Luv the suit

Spartan 213
Thank you, I'll think about it. That might be real cool down the line after I have the Noble 6 Completed.

This week I added the N6 UA Helmet Attachment to my list for Hardening in spring.
th_IMG_2847.jpgth_IMG_2858.jpgth_IMG_2856.jpgth_IMG_2860.jpg

I'm still looking around for a few more yet for the add-on's:cool so till then, Please feel free to leave any and all input, comments, criticisms, and/or suggestions. For they are most welcomed and appreciated. (they also keep me from triple posting.) Thanks for watching my build. and remember..... Your Dreams are always within REACH.

th_IMG_2847.jpg

th_IMG_2858.jpg

th_IMG_2856.jpg

th_IMG_2860.jpg

The sizing looks spot on, bro!

Keep it up!

Thank you, I was a little worry'd about the sizing.
Looks really great Thorn, makes the helmet look more complete
Thank you. I figured I need allot of work on the Helmet, so that's just one of the add-on's. I still have a long ways to go if I'm going to catch up to you. :cool But it's been a fun trip. Congrats by the way:D That Helmet of you'res looks sweet.

I add a new base this weekend using "Hugh Holders's OSDT Reach UA attachment" just to get it to match the pic a little better. I had to scratch build a full pieces to get it all to fit together also. This weekend I also used the MI weather to reinforce my cod piece. I still had to Hot-box it but it worked well. I'll still have to heat and bend the new UA a bit after I rein it.

So with this weekend I'm now up 4 different products, Smooth-cast 321, Bondo, Dyna-Glass, and Cargroom. The two new ones worked great, but I tried them because they were all out of Bondo brand. I try to stick with Bondo brand because I love how it works and I've been posting to there web page also.:D

And here's the new pic's.
th_IMG_2864.jpg th_IMG_2863.jpg th_IMG_2862.jpg th_IMG_2865.jpg

And a quick pic of my Painters/Hot-box, plus the 2 new products.
Side note:The new product drys a dark green and might be good to hide scratches on a green painted build.
th_IMG_2870.jpgth_IMG_2869.jpgth_IMG_2871.jpg

So besides the work with lighting, helmet, and of course the Under suit project(do this spring) Is there anything that I missed for the Noble6??? Any info would help. If not then I might just pick up a rem of paper and get to some weapons.

Date 02-12-12 Starting on Reach AR-BP, Doing a hard foam scratch build. Didn't want to triple post just yet so I'll try to post pic's here
And to those on FB I started a Public Figure "Thorn" (sorry Noble 6 was taken) and I will be showing allot more pic's and ref pic's for the build there. Here is the link. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Thorn/109895165801873
I also need some help on labeling the art work so if you know who did what please label it. All my ref pic's are taken from here (405th) but I never labeled them. So yes I could use all the help I can get. See you all there.

:cool so till then, Please feel free to leave any and all input, comments, criticisms, and/or suggestions. For they are most welcomed and appreciated. (they also keep me from triple posting.) Thanks for watching my build. and remember.....

th_IMG_2864.jpg

th_IMG_2863.jpg

th_IMG_2862.jpg

th_IMG_2865.jpg

th_IMG_2870.jpg

th_IMG_2869.jpg

th_IMG_2871.jpg

I just got done looking at the pep for the AR, and well.....It's just not what I'm looking for. So I'm going to do this AR differently.... Way differently. So let me break this down in a way that everyone know's what I'm doing.

The Concept: I'm about to make a weapons system that I've never seen, in a way I've never done. Using materials I've never used, in a way that they were never made to be used. I'm going to do this using simple hand tools, a little skill and a whole lot of luck.....Oh and I'm going to do all this on near $0 budget. Yulp that covers it. So on with the show ;)

The Reach AR-BP model. I'm doing a scratch build in hard foam (the Blue stuff.) Here's what I have as of right now.
The model/ref pic
IMG_2901.jpg

Tools used, plus allot of sand paper (Sand paper not shown)
th_IMG_2892.jpgth_IMG_2891.jpg
The Build
th_IMG_2884.jpgth_IMG_2887.jpgth_IMG_2889.jpgth_IMG_2895.jpgth_IMG_2896.jpgth_IMG_2899.jpgth_IMG_2900.jpg

So till next weekend Have fun and build something:D

Your Dreams are always within REACH. :cool

IMG_2901.jpg

th_IMG_2892.jpg

th_IMG_2891.jpg

th_IMG_2884.jpg

th_IMG_2887.jpg

th_IMG_2889.jpg

th_IMG_2895.jpg

th_IMG_2896.jpg

th_IMG_2899.jpg

th_IMG_2900.jpg