Noble Spartan(mod's/add-on's begin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you kindly Sir.
Thank you again, vshore for hanging with me for most of this build so far. You and a few others are the driving force of my motivation who knows I might even catch up with you guys some day, Or get something in the Elite section like the others, one of this days. :) ....
Elite section one of these days? It SHOULD be there now dude. Your build is amazing. You should be proud.:)

Elite section one of these days? It SHOULD be there now dude. Your build is amazing. You should be proud.:)

I'm going to have to second what Vshore has said, your work is awesome, so I wouldn't say that you need to catch up, more like you have already been here. I'm definitely a fan, thats for sure. Let me just say, there are a lot of great builds on this forum that are at that "Elite" status that don't make it in. I'm not sure what the criteria is, but you're "Elite" in my book brotha!

Great work!

Tony

I'm going to have to second what Vshore has said, your work is awesome, so I wouldn't say that you need to catch up, more like you have already been here. I'm definitely a fan, thats for sure. Let me just say, there are a lot of great builds on this forum that are at that "Elite" status that don't make it in. I'm not sure what the criteria is, but you're "Elite" in my book brotha!

Great work!

Tony

I second this second. Lol. Like they said, you are elite in my opinion. Your Reach suit is amazing to say the least, and the dedication that went into this suit is obvious when you see progress that it took to get your suit to this point.

Great work!

Tony

Impressive Noble Six build there bud. What did you use? Pepakura or craft foam?

I used pep for the most part. The file list is on page 4. But I did modify most of the parts in one way or another to fit me, so don't be taken back if you use them and it looks a little different than mine.

My file list is the original files from the Authors. And I would like to add that those Authors would be more than happy to see there hard work come to life, so use the files and give credit when you do. :cool

I second this second. Lol. Like they said, you are elite in my opinion. Your Reach suit is amazing to say the least, and the dedication that went into this suit is obvious when you see progress that it took to get your suit to this point.

Thank you everyone, For the hart felt words. That is one of the things about the 405th that you just can't get any were else. The Support from others whom, not only know what there doing, (and do it well) But take the time to help others get the same results.:D

so once again, Thank you.

Thank you OldFox.

___________________________________ Let the games begin.______________________________

Ok here's the things I learned this week end that could be helpful to others.

First things first. If you take a good set of armor out to the bars You have a very good chance of winning any contest you come across. I won 3 first place this Halloween weekend which means my basic armor is now paid for.

Secondly. When at the bar people are going to take allot of pic with you. But unlike a con this will involve allot of touching and grabbing. This will also involve allot slapping, hitting, pulling and punching. Now you probably ask what do I mean by that so here it go's. The later it gets at the bar the more people want to test you're armor, I was hit hard enuff to crack mine in a few places (all fixable). So if you're going to do a bar route make sure you pad you're suit well or it WILL hurt. I would also build you're suit thick so as not to break under pressure.

Third. Bar crowds don't know how much time and work goes into you're build you have to tell them, Yes this is the secret to winning against the "blond chick in a mini with garters on". Talk to the people around you, show them pic's of how you built you're armor and they will be amazed.

( side note: I don't have anything against the "blond chick with garters on" they can be fun to watch if you're the young and single type.)

Fourth. You're suit IS going to get allot of wear and tear from moving around and such. If you're worried that it took to long to paint you're suit then don't even bother going to the bar with it. You ask what do I mean with wear and tear. Friction alone will wear off some of you're paint. And Dancing will take a good chunk of the paint anywhere parts touch.

Fifth. The more movement the higher the threat that some part or another is going to come loose. Check you're straps, bolts and glued joints before going out to make sure there secure. After a night of dancing and/or walking around I had one of my main thigh straps come loose just as I was going on stage for a contest had to cover it by kneeling in a way that that part couldn't move.

Sixth. From everything you've heard so far this should make sense, Bring a repair kit. Duct tape, hot glue, screws and/or bolts just to name a few.

And last but not least Have fun with it. If you're armor and you are going to take a hit then expect it and prepare for it and go with it. All will be well, both you and you're armor can be cleaned up. Hopefully only you're armor will need repairs. ;) Yes I will be putting a little more padding into mine for next year, But I already know I'm starting to get older (but not quite old yet) ;)

Ok the next few post should be of the Youmacon. Then I'll be able to go into the repairs and mod's, after that then I'll be doing some add-on's. One of the more simple add-on's is already in the mail and that's my motor-cross jacket. Till then Live, Dream,and Build.

These are great advices thorn, I've done 2 mini-convention the past month and I know the feeling, everybody wants to touch it but sometimes they don't ask they just poke at you and say "what material made of ?" I got one guy put is fingers in my visor and say "can you see through this ?" :angry

If I can add something when going to a con:

Remain calm and polite, never refuse to take a picture with someone but try to stay in motion or you'll cause a roadblock.

The most important thing is enjoy the moment, some people really see you as the MC/ODST/Noble guy, and that's make my day :)

Before I get to busy with work, I wanted to take the time to wish all my 405th friends a
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
I hope everyone has a chance to share in the great holiday cheer. :cool

:D________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________:D

These are great advices thorn, I've done 2 mini-convention the past month and I know the feeling, everybody wants to touch it but sometimes they don't ask they just poke at you and say "what material made of ?" I got one guy put is fingers in my visor and say "can you see through this ?" :angry

If I can add something when going to a con:

Remain calm and polite, never refuse to take a picture with someone but try to stay in motion or you'll cause a roadblock.

The most important thing is enjoy the moment, some people really see you as the MC/ODST/Noble guy, and that's make my day :)

All to true, CyberBen. And I liked you're last part so much I'll post it again.
So thank you, CyberBen.

And this is something new.
http://thorn696.deviantart.com/art/Yomacon-2011-274529212?q=gallery:thorn696&qo=0

And as always, Please feel free to leave any and all input, comments, criticisms, and/or suggestions. For they are most welcomed and appreciated. (they also keep me from triple posting.) Thanks for watching my build. and remember.....
Your Dreams are always within REACH.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a few new pics to share. A couple of Spartans that I ran into at Youmacon.
th_ehd8c1.jpgth_youmacon2011_06.jpgth_youmacon2011_51.jpgth_youmacon2011_52.jpg

And as always, Please feel free to leave any and all input, comments, criticisms, and/or suggestions. For they are most welcomed and appreciated. (they also keep me from triple posting.) Thanks for watching my build. and remember..... Your Dreams are always within REACH.

th_ehd8c1.jpg

th_youmacon2011_06.jpg

th_youmacon2011_51.jpg

th_youmacon2011_52.jpg

Damn Thorn! Nice job. That's really awesome that you ran into a couple more spartans.
The more pictures I see of your suit, the more jealous I get!!

Damn Thorn! Nice job. That's really awesome that you ran into a couple more spartans.
The more pictures I see of your suit, the more jealous I get!!

Thank you kindly. I've seen you're Mark-VI-Spartan-Build, You have some Really great work going on there, Keep us posted and it just might be me that's Jealous of you're build. :)

I should be getting back to this build in just a few weeks, I still have to get a foam Landscape finished before I have the room to work. I'll post a pic of that later just to show it off a little.

And as always, Please feel free to leave any and all input, comments, criticisms, and/or suggestions. For they are most welcomed and appreciated. (they also keep me from triple posting.) Thanks for watching my build. and remember.....

That really looks very excelent! Just out of curiosity, where did you find the file for the sholders? I've been trying to find it because I am going to use it with my build.

That really looks very excelent! Just out of curiosity, where did you find the file for the sholders? I've been trying to find it because I am going to use it with my build.

Thank you. :)
As for the files I used there listed on my page 4, and if I remember right I'd say that I did a +10% to get them to that scale.:cool

FJ/PARA Shoulder
Model: Ruze789
Unfold: by Lganderson
http://www.filefront.com/17240174/Ru...ganderson.pdo/

You should see if you could hook up an I pod or something so you could listen to music and if it's a phone talk without taking your helmet off and trying not to drop something while struggling to get your phone from your pocket (if your pocket was covered). Just an idea though nothing that needs improving as far as i see. Keep up the good work.

-Spartan 213

I was looking at your pep pieces that you used on page for and i saw that there is only one side of the thigh. How do you get the other side of the thigh?

! I'm so glad you took pictures with those spartans! I saw a small picture of one of them somewhere else on the internet and wanted to get a better look since I too am doing a Sister, yellow spartan build. Anyway, thanks for posting the pics, and as always your suit looks epic.:D

You should see if you could hook up an I pod or something so you could listen to music and if it's a phone talk without taking your helmet off and trying not to drop something while struggling to get your phone from your pocket (if your pocket was covered). Just an idea though nothing that needs improving as far as i see. Keep up the good work.

-Spartan 213

I will be looking into Vox a little later, as to the phone idea......Well to tell the truth I don't own a cell phone. But if I did yes I would do a arm attachment for it. Thank you kindly for the input.

I was looking at your pep pieces that you used on page for and i saw that there is only one side of the thigh. How do you get the other side of the thigh?
For the other thigh just open it in Pep Design and invert.

turned out great =D
Thank you Road Kill:cool
! I'm so glad you took pictures with those spartans! I saw a small picture of one of them somewhere else on the internet and wanted to get a better look since I too am doing a Sister, yellow spartan build. Anyway, thanks for posting the pics, and as always your suit looks epic.:D
Thank you kindly. You're build looks great so far, the yellow works well for you.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back