Noble Spartan(mod's/add-on's begin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 321 will secrete for quite a while. It results from not properly mixing up the part b before adding part a. I have learned that lesson the hard way more than once. It will take a while, like weeks, but it will eventually stop secreting oils.

Brandon, I've been told that I need to shake both parts before using each and every time. That confuses me greatly, with every 2 part chem. I've used before they always say stir for 1-2 min. to mix and remove air bubbles. So....being you used the product before how do you mix it for the BEST results. And while were on the subject of Smooth Cast as I'm getting closer to bondo and paint is there a certain primer for this mat. to get a good bond between the paint and plastic? thank you in advance.

Looking great Thorn! Really nice to see the parts being worn. How do the arm pieces fit? If you think you can get them to work, and pad them up enough, they will look fine. Perhaps a tiny bit bulky, but that look is made for a Spartan!

Keep up the great work! :)

Thank you. I'm getting there. As to fitting everything seems to fit alright but I still haven't done any padding and/or strapping as of yet.

NICE!!!! Starting to look like a real spartan! can;t wait to see the paintjob:D

Thanks, Yes I'd love to get to paint my self, but thats still a long way off. Bondo next :D

Looking really good!

Thanks.

Good stuff Thorn696! Your pieces look so smooth and cleanly done. The detail on the back looks very concise and crisp which is killer.

I agree with you that the forearms seem a bit large. I think it might be in part due to the model you have, it seems more cylindrical and less tapered as it goes to the wrist than some others I've seen. It's difficult to say about the biceps with the attachment pads covering them but it looks like they might be a bit too tall. There again if you decide to redo them I think the model you have there is a bit more blocky than the actual character's. Using a more contoured model like ForgedReclaimer's might be beneficial.

Maybe focus on the other pieces for a bit and come back to making a decision on whether to proceed with the arm pieces you have or go back and rebuild. When gauging things like this I find it helpful to put it away for a while and look upon it with fresh eyes later. I'm actually thinking my biceps are too large too...the outer wall is like two inches from my skin when the inner wall is pressed up against my skin (or perhaps the scaling is perfect and this extra space is an indication that I need to do some weight-lifting...bah).

Whichever way you go it's looking great. Keep it up! Have you begun the helmet yet? I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

Satchmo III, Sounds like good advise, I will put off those 4 part for a few weeks and see what happens.
As for the helm I just started the pep. and that part of the project I'm in no hurry just yet. When doing the helmet that will be a start to finish with nothing in between unlike the rest of the armor.

the file download says that its been deleted, but thanks anyways bro

Sorry to hear that, But thank you for letting me know. The only thing I can say is try asking RoadWarrior about it. Its his file and I can not give it out without his permission.
I have added the like to his build so if he updates it others can get it.

Thanks to everyone who has helped with this. I'm still on a very big learning curve here, Remember like many of you this is my first time working with any of stuff so any advise is most welcome.

Great Build, man! You said you're from michigan? Myself as well, born and raised! It's cool to see other michigan folks on here! Do you plan to go to youmacon? That would be hella awesome! I'm planning on going. One question I have, however, is what you used to resin your peps before using the 321? I would prefer to not buy 321 or aqua resin because they're both super expensive.

Great Build, man! You said you're from michigan? Myself as well, born and raised! It's cool to see other michigan folks on here! Do you plan to go to youmacon? That would be hella awesome! I'm planning on going. One question I have, however, is what you used to resin your peps before using the 321? I would prefer to not buy 321 or aqua resin because they're both super expensive.

Yes I'm Going to Youmacon. As for the Resin I used 321 for all of it so fare. But.....I will be using Rondo to thicken some of the inside spots. and of course bondo. If I had it all to do over I think that I would use just 1 coat of 321 inside and out and the finish with rondo. You would use less 321 that way and yet still have the clean lines.

Looks awesome, I'd make a mould of your parts if its starting to ooze etc... Won't ever fix that.

I'd also maybe make the insides of the thigh armour out of high density rubber foam (so its flexible, and so it fits better).

Thanks for the comment, I keeping thinking of adding foam to the build. But each time I do someone comes out with another great file for the part I'm on.

I'm getting to that stage were All comments are welcome and/or helpful. And I need to know just how much detail I need to add and/or were. Thank you in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG! More michigan people! YAY! haha Maybe I should go to Youmacon as well dressed as Kat and we can have a Spartan gathering! lol I will also get my husband to dress as Carter. Youmacon is not a far drive from us at all. Maybe about a 30-45 minute drive.

Maybe we should all meet up? If so, maybe we should try and arrange something??

Oh, and after seeing you wearing all the armor pieces together, it's really starting to take shape and is looking pretty good. :)

OMG! More michigan people! YAY! haha Maybe I should go to Youmacon as well dressed as Kat and we can have a Spartan gathering! lol I will also get my husband to dress as Carter. Youmacon is not a far drive from us at all. Maybe about a 30-45 minute drive.

Oh, and after seeing you wearing all the armor pieces together, it's really starting to take shape and is looking pretty good. :)

Youmacon. I direct traffic right outside of the Ren Cen. so I will be there for it from day 1. That said I'm taking that Fri. and Sat. as a vac. day so let me know what day everyone would like to be there.

I WILL be there on Fri. no matter what there are allot of GM'ers that want to see my armor.

As for the 2nd. comment Thank you HaloGoddess, coming from you that means allot.

I just have to echo the other posters here and say this is look fantastic. I especially like that you have altered each piece to get those extra details that matter for perfectionists like myself. That extra effort is really paying off. It's hard to believe that you started all of this having never played the game. I can't wait to see the results.

DO IT! I would personally be honored to meet the great HaloGoddess. You're pretty much a legend on these forums. I'll be there all weekend. Just waiting for my check to come at the end of the month so I can buy tickets. I'm doing a custom noble armor this time around.
I'm thinking this will be my layout:
Grenadier Helmet
UA/MultiThreat left shoulder
ODST, Havop, or UA/Multi-threat for the right. (ideas?)
Forearms will be default
Chest= HP/Halo
Standard codpiece
Standard Thigh
FJ/Para knees+shins
Default Boots.

IF I HAVE TIME:
I'll attach the boots to these:
but I'm attaching them to these minus the metal plates: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=2780342 and I'll probably remove some of the leg of those boots.
I'll add the jetpack.
And Maybe do something different with the forearms and thighs.

DO IT! I would personally be honored to meet the great HaloGoddess. You're pretty much a legend on these forums. I'll be there all weekend. Just waiting for my check to come at the end of the month so I can buy tickets. I'm doing a custom noble armor this time around.
I'm thinking this will be my layout:
Grenadier Helmet
UA/MultiThreat left shoulder
ODST, Havop, or UA/Multi-threat for the right. (ideas?)
Forearms will be default
Chest= HP/Halo
Standard codpiece
Standard Thigh
FJ/Para knees+shins
Default Boots.

IF I HAVE TIME:
I'll attach the boots to these:
but I'm attaching them to these minus the metal plates: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=2780342 and I'll probably remove some of the leg of those boots.
I'll add the jetpack.
And Maybe do something different with the forearms and thighs.

Well then.... I expect to see you there then. :D That a big list, I'm going to be looking for you're build to see how far you are.

As far as what day I will be attending Youmacon, it would have to be Saturday. Husband works on Friday and chances are, he won't be able to get the day off. At least Saturday is a day that he doesn't work. I can easily request the Friday off, but I would have no way to get there, unless someone comes to get me. :p HAHA We only have 1 car and when my husband is working, I don't have transportation.

Also, the Detroit FanFare is on September 24th & 25th and we WILL be going to that on the 24th since it's my husband's b-day and Bruce Campbell will be there and my husband just HAS to go. After we spend money for that, we will probably only be able to afford going to Youmacon for just the one day.

As far as what day I will be attending Youmacon, it would have to be Saturday. Husband works on Friday and chances are, he won't be able to get the day off. At least Saturday is a day that he doesn't work. I can easily request the Friday off, but I would have no way to get there, unless someone comes to get me. :p HAHA We only have 1 car and when my husband is working, I don't have transportation.

Also, the Detroit FanFare is on September 24th & 25th and we WILL be going to that on the 24th since it's my husband's b-day and Bruce Campbell will be there and my husband just HAS to go. After we spend money for that, we will probably only be able to afford going to Youmacon for just the one day.

Bruce Campbell? That's awesome! What exactly is FanFare? I haven't heard of that. I'd love to help you out with a ride, but as it is I have none myself. I will be relying on greyhound and the sneakernet to get me places.

Bruce Campbell? That's awesome! What exactly is FanFare? I haven't heard of that. I'd love to help you out with a ride, but as it is I have none myself. I will be relying on greyhound and the sneakernet to get me places.

I recently just heard about the Detroit fanFare as well. I wish I knew about this LAST year because...........STAN LEE WAS THERE!!!!! D: A great opportunity that we both missed! :( But here is a link to it: http://www.detroitfanfare.com/

I recently just heard about the Detroit fanFare as well. I wish I knew about this LAST year because...........STAN LEE WAS THERE!!!!! D: A great opportunity that we both missed! :( But here is a link to it: http://www.detroitfanfare.com/

That looks awesome! I am unsure though, are they costume friendly, or is a completely different type of con?
I wanna go to that too! It's only $10 right now! UGH I wish I had a car! I'd totally sleep in it so I could go to both! I'm splitting a room with someone at Youmacon and it's still gonna punch my wallet like I would an Uruk-Hai baby. I'm contemplating the sale of my xbox 360...

Love the detailed and well assembled pep work you've put into your armor. It's looks even better with all the parts together. Keep up the great job Thorn!

Love the detailed and well assembled pep work you've put into your armor. It's looks even better with all the parts together. Keep up the great job Thorn!

Thank you.

Its that wounder full time again.....yes its time for a up date. This week end I did the detail work on the shines and just a little on the thighs. I also spent 14 hours stripping paint on the forearms, Here's the pic's

th_IMAG0370.jpgth_IMAG0372.jpgth_IMAG0373.jpg

Well till next time,( And I'm not sure when that will be with Detroit River Days and Target Fireworks coming up so fast.) Stay safe and pep well.

Attachments

• th_IMAG0370.jpg
    th_IMAG0370.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 192
  • th_IMAG0373.jpg
    th_IMAG0373.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 194
  • th_IMAG0372.jpg
    th_IMAG0372.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 198
Thank you.

Its that wounder full time again.....yes its time for a up date. This week end I did the detail work on the shines and just a little on the thighs. I also spent 14 hours stripping paint on the forearms, Here's the pic's

th_IMAG0370.jpgth_IMAG0372.jpgth_IMAG0373.jpg

Well till next time,( And I'm not sure when that will be with Detroit River Days and Target Fireworks coming up so fast.) Stay safe and pep well.

Absolutely AMAZING PIECES! I still can't grasp that you haven't played Reach. I have and I'm unsure if my pieces will turn out as grand.
Also, my Build has changed, check it out on my page vvvvv

Attachments

• th_IMAG0370.jpg
    th_IMAG0370.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 200
  • th_IMAG0372.jpg
    th_IMAG0372.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 189
  • th_IMAG0373.jpg
    th_IMAG0373.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 202
Looking good as always Thorn! I just can't over how detailed and well built all your pieces are. They'll really look the part of metal armor, and look amazing painted and all put together. Keep up the great work. :)

Great job so far Thorn. Your build is turning out epic! I love how clean everything is looking. I can't wait to see this in the end! Keep building my man!

LOve how its turning out, your parts really look great, The details take the cake, keep it up your close to having a finished suit and its going to be a work of art

Looking good as always Thorn! I just can't over how detailed and well built all your pieces are. They'll really look the part of metal armor, and look amazing painted and all put together. Keep up the great work. :)

Thanks, I'm hoping to pick up some more primer this weekend and with any luck I can start painting my armor next month. Sorry, The white is just primmer.

Great job so far Thorn. Your build is turning out epic! I love how clean everything is looking. I can't wait to see this in the end! Keep building my man!

Thank you very much. It's by watching builds like you'res and Spitfire's that been keeping me going this year, And I'll try to live up to the " epic" but I'm still a long ways away yet.

LOve how its turning out, your parts really look great, The details take the cake, keep it up your close to having a finished suit and its going to be a work of art

Thanks, I've been learning allot from you guys. It seem as thou I have some of my best teachers responding to this weeks update, with out you I'd never be able to do this.

^^What he said^^

^^ What I said to everyone above ^^ :D

And once again I say onto you, Thanks to every one whom have been both teachers and viewers. I've been learning allot this year, And I hope to continue learning from you and the other great builders out there.

Edit: I figured that I should update my Avatar to something more Halo.....so here's my test fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back