ODST build

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so this is not dead....i am slowly working on this still. just started a new job so i cant blow all my cash on my build...bills sucks. hopefully going to get some foam this weekend and bust out the legs. i have 1 thigh pep'd and the big pieces for the shin/knee. any thought on how i should go about this? i dove into making the chest out of foam a few weeks ago and wasted a whole pack of it, so im not cutting anything until i have clear game plan on what to do. so hopefully next weekend ill have some pic to post up. wish me luck!

There are some pictures in my build on page 3 of my shins (made with foam). It took a couple hours but was totally worth it. If you download this file: http://www.4shared.com/file/TmvcHczA/shin.html? it's how I simplified the pep files to make templates for the shin. It's good for left and right and opens with pep viewer or pep designer.

I don't really have instructions on how exactly but if you look at my build and that of Spartan 005 Here you might get an idea of how they fit together.

Best of luck!

Great work man. Very nice pep and bondo work by the way. Just remember to keep plugging away at the suit. A little everyday adds up over time.

finally got around to putting the foam pieces together for the shins....no go, gave up on them and decided to go back to doing it the ol' fashion way. should have both shins and knee's pepped by tomorrow night, would like to have first coat of resin on the outside by the end of next week.

got an update on some stuff

Kirrou's shoulder with hinge
IMG_0081.jpg

another Hugh ODST helm....i really hope to FINISH this one
IMG_0083.jpg

self explanatory
IMG_0085.jpg

Pilot Helm
IMG_0084.jpg

so there you go....want to have more to show, but i have a show next month that i need to paint my butt off to get ready for

Wow! Youre stuff looks awesome so far, I'm starting my own ODST helm and this is totally inspiring me to keep up the momentum, keep up the good work.

Update!!!!

moving, work and a bunch of other stuff has been getting on the way......but i decided to give the foam another try, very pleased with the results

IMG_0139-Copy.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

going to make the other side this week, temporary strapping for now

wow! losts of things are already finished!great job bro :D nice idea foaming the shins for some comfy use! hope to see more updates :) good luck!!

Dude its looking good so far! Do you have an order in which you want to complete the suit in? Random pieces at a time, top to bottom, bottom up? I always recomend finishing the helmet last cause for at least for me ots a bigger motivator to complete my armor. Just my two cents

Dude its looking good so far! Do you have an order in which you want to complete the suit in? Random pieces at a time, top to bottom, bottom up? I always recomend finishing the helmet last cause for at least for me ots a bigger motivator to complete my armor. Just my two cents.

funny you say that...i think im on about my5th or 6th helmet...every time something else goes wrong....but, learn from your mistakes...got another one pepped....as far as order, right now gonna finish all the foam pieces first.

thanks guys!

taking my time...waiting for the bondo to dry
IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

shoulder getting done...thinking about molding it.....but dont really have a clue...anyone in the central pa area want to get together and make some stuff?

I'm envious of your smooth bondo application on your helmet. I hope I can get it on my helmet half as smooth as you did. :)

Really nice so far! I'm also an ODST guy, and your helmet looks pretty nice! Keep up the great work, because its moving along faster than mine :)

alright.....been working on this for a bit...trying to get it somewhat done...about half way. will post pics tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back