Phox's Hd Mark Vi Wip. From Cardboard To... Well Not Cardboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well to be quite honest... I'm speechless. My resining job came out absolutely PERFECT! No bubbles, almost no bumps, no warping (it actually fixed MOST of the miniscule amount of pre-warp but hey.... NOTHING is perfect, and imo it makes my pieces unique! (Side note... being a perfectionist, i will always find warps; however in the pictures you are about to see i doubt you will see anything significant or possibly even nothing).

Well here it is, tomorrow is fiberglassing, then the next day painting (I'm an insane painter (yes, i know im modest)): Take a look at these Pics and PLEASE LEAVE CRITICISMS and if you want to positive comments :lol

Top:

0308102150.jpg

Front:

0308102150a.jpg

Sides:

0308102151b.jpg

0308102151.jpg

Back:

0308102151a.jpg

And a preview of my awsome painting skillz! (My custom painted, fully functional, XBOX CONTROLLER!:

downsize-6.jpg

downsize-5.jpg

pumpkinhead said:
that controller is beastly dude! loooovvve it!!!!

nice work on the hand plates so far!

MW Immortalking said:
Sweet controller man, Good luck with your armor! :)

Thanks, I just hope the handplate turn out great too!

Should i put a design on them? I think that would be cool but i dont't know really what would look good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice the hand plates look amazing. Can't wait to see them painted. I've seen some of yr other paint jobs and they look amazing. good luck

Well i've been anticipating this for a week now. I have successfully finished my HD handplates. I really think i outdid myself this time in regards to painting. This is by far the best paintjob i've ever done! I used an oregano color base, then added highlights and finally painted on weathering. Here are some pics. Please tell me what you think!

//IGNORE UPDATED PICS BELOW//

Next up... HD Codpiece

They look awesome!!!! Like i said twenty times i think they would look better if u painted the inside of he circles black to contrast colors.

Hey guys, sorry ive been away. My power has been out for 3 straight days.... stupid electric company. However i did have a chance to take some of your advice (insanity) and repaint my handplates even better. Heres one pic atm. More to come soon!

0315100809.jpg

Later,

-Phox

Sorry guys, My life has been chaotic. Between loads of schoolwork, sick family members x3 (All in the hospital btw), and parents that hate me. I haven't had much time to work on my armor. However i did start pepping my HD codpiece today. Heres a pic.

downsize-8.jpg

Da Phox said:
Hey guys/gals I finished peppin my HD left Handplate... tell me what you think!
downsize-2.jpg

I think your pep work is immaculate, but I'm concerned about the size. In the reference pictures, the hand plates appear to come out over the first segment of Chief's fingers while gloved. The picture above shows the plate only coming up to the first knuckle of your bare hand. So, while they look AWESOME, I fear that they may appear too small when the suit is assembled, since the padded gloves of the undersuit are going to make your hands look even larger than they actually are.

eldritch2k4 said:
I think your pep work is immaculate, but I'm concerned about the size. In the reference pictures, the hand plates appear to come out over the first segment of Chief's fingers while gloved. The picture above shows the plate only coming up to the first knuckle of your bare hand. So, while they look AWESOME, I fear that they may appear too small when the suit is assembled, since the padded gloves of the undersuit are going to make your hands look even larger than they actually are.

Thanks for your concern. However i have to disagree with you. Yes, it does appear that the plates cover 2 knuckles but this is just an illusion. I originally thought that this was true, but when i booted up my copy of HALO 3 (greatest game ever) to take a closer look, I discovered otherwise. The plates cover chief's first knuckles and stop there. It only looks like it should cover both his knuckles because his hands are out of proportion with his body. Also like in the picture, the plates do not extend over the sides of the hands, this is just an illusion too.

AceNat said:
wow, i love your paint job on your hands, inspirational :D

Thanks, it looks waaaaaay better in person, *stupid camera makes it look all pixely and shiny*

Da Phox said:
I do however have a bunch of cardstock, a medium tech printer, some scissors, lots of super glue, resin, fiberglass… yeah you get it :D .

Jeez, HD armor cut out with scissors? I seriously wish you luck. But from what you already have, you might be able to pull it off.

And the handplate looks like its the right size.

TheHow7zer said:
Hey Phox, awesome progress! Do you have any more to show?

Yep! Look Below (more to come tonight)

spartan.062 said:
Jeez, HD armor cut out with scissors? I seriously wish you luck. But from what you already have, you might be able to pull it off.

And the handplate looks like its the right size.

Thanks, yeah its pretty hard but i HATE X-acto knives with a passion. It takes me a good 7 hours to get 68 pieces cut though =(.

Amir Rahmani said:
nice xbox controller,

and the handplated look AMAZING

Great job

high school or college?

Thanks man! I LOVE my xbox controller, its like my child! *Yeah kinda creepy* and i'm a junior in high school.

Here is what i've somewhat accomplished over spring break so far (been very very lazy). It's not much but i'll have it done by tomorrow.

downsize-9.jpg

Well, I worked about 3 hours straight and managed to finish 99% of my codpiece. All i have left to do is add in the braces for resining. Leave comments please!

Here are some pics (yes i know it appears bent and warped b/c of the missing braces but i assure you it is perfectly symetrical)

Front:

downsize_4.jpg

Back:

downsize-10.jpg

Sides:

0403102134a.jpg

downsize_3-1.jpg

*Stay tuned for updates*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back