Pipinacan security helmet and multiplayer build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice job my man, I was wondering how you would do the visor. However, I'm with you on the curved issue. I know they make good full faced bubble visors. Maybe that will give you a nice curve. Might be more than the 6.95. But, sometimes its worth it. I bought an $8 amazon visor and it was gabage. I only buy the good ones now. Either way Keep on building & trying new things! YOu inspire the rest of us.

Lookin good so far. Try this visor. It's what I used for my Halo 3 security, and will use for my reach security(when I get to it).

Last edited by a moderator:
PIP- The helmet looking good. I sorry i missed this build from the start but im def keeping an eye on it now. I agree what some have said about the paint. it works out really well. I run the security on my reach guy too :)

Hey question, on page one how did you get that full shot of your game toon?? the vanity thingy i guess.

PIP- The helmet looking good. I sorry i missed this build from the start but im def keeping an eye on it now. I agree what some have said about the paint. it works out really well. I run the security on my reach guy too :)

Hey question, on page one how did you get that full shot of your game toon?? the vanity thingy i guess.

it's just a program you can download, it's free! google vanity armor maker, or search for it here, should be pretty easy to find

currently awaiting the helmet prop showed me to arrive, patience is key.............................

edit: also try the website on the picture on page one lol!

dude that sucks about the face visor, but have you ever thought about puting it in the oven on low temp for a bit then forming it over the pep visor....kinda like vac forming but your dont need the whole set up. just an oven, a cookie sheet, ove gloves and the visor and template..........hope i helped

it's just a program you can download, it's free! google vanity armor maker, or search for it here, should be pretty easy to find

currently awaiting the helmet prop showed me to arrive, patience is key.............................

edit: also try the website on the picture on page one lol!

lol Well ill try page one first :) Thanks man! And yes patience with this stuff is always key lol i have come to learn that :) I cant wait to see an update.

Thanks again :D

Well 405th....I am sad, the visor I got in the mail was to short in width for my helmet, I changed that with magic scuplt, free hand editing woot! BUT when I was watching harry potter last night with the lady my room mate had a friend over, he wanted to see my helmets.......he picked up my security..............and dropped it :( what's worse was when I got home I didn't even check on it and no one told me till I confronted my room mate this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so here's a couple pics, not many, I'm thinking of how to repair if anyone has idears

1989sl.jpg

the visor

w9innc.jpg

Step 1: Hulk smash room mate.

Step 2: When I dropped my ODST and busted the whole beak out of the front of the jaw and split the jaw vertically, I just glued and taped it up tight and applied another layer of fiberglass to the jaw with more bondo outside to hide the fix. As for the beak thing, I just built up a tape wall in the shape of where it was supposed to be and poured rondo, then sanded to get the shape back as well as backing that up with more fiberglass. It's at the county fair at the moment or I'd post some pictures. Maybe tonight after I pick it up (overall grand champion in the senior models division by the way!). It worked out rather well and now I'm waiting on my casting materials, pep and bondo pieces are too brittle for my liking.

I'm thinking of how to repair if anyone has idears

I had a similar situation with my MKVI. I used some dowels to brace the seam in place and then patched the crack using a thick layer of bondoglass on the inside and then just some bondo patch work on the outside. It will mean some paint fixing too but at least you won't need to scrap the helmet. If you have more questions just shoot me a pm and I'll try to explain further.
th_Bondo014.jpg
th_Bondo021.jpg

Bondo glassing, sounds like another revolutionary rondo type of invention.

You could post a tutorial for something like that, and it might even be as widely used as rondo

Bondo glassing, sounds like another revolutionary rondo type of invention.

You could post a tutorial for something like that, and it might even be as widely used as rondo

They actually sell the stuff at home depot or wallmart. I have seen it. I have used it a little bit. Its green and really sturdy stuff. :) I took the idea from Starvinartist actually lol

Pip, sorry to hear about your helmet man. Im sure you will fix it no prob though :-D

@starvin- the problem with adding to much more bondo on the inside is my chin is kinda close to the chin of the helmet lol I don't have much wiggle room in the front. sides top and back are fine though :D I actually did have some bondoglass laying around rom my previous build, and honestly this stuff gets crazy hard lol patched it pretty good, but I'm gonna have to repaint for sure, at least that little area.

@toa- bondo glass is already invented, you just pick up a can and use it like bondo, it's pretty much bondo with fiberglass shards in it. pick it up at home depot to try it out! no tutorial needed

@mstr- thanks for the reassurance lol it wasn't that big of a break

@disturbed- glad you like the helmet! I've always been a fan of the security

so, 405th, safety is EVERYTHING! always be careful and you won't end up like me with one cut hand and one burnt hand :( :( :( was a long day

2ljnsd1.jpg

the burnt fingaaaa

15nnbiu.jpg

the cut fingaaaa

BUT on a lighter note I power rolled through my foam chest piece last night!!! need to take that heat knife to it for the detailings

v2vdpi.jpg

14vpoxe.jpg

zn9e0y.jpg

I freaking swear I traced out those patterns that are missing in the back, but they totally disappeared from the foam, gonna have to freehand them in

Its looking great dude! I like the curve on the new visor. The foam chest piece looks good too. Awesome job Pimp In a Can, lol. Thats what I see when i read your screen name.

@blackula- the new visor will do perfect! I just need to add a little magic sculpt to the helmet to make it work but I feel in the end it will look awesome. and you can read my name anyway you want lol perhaps I am just a pimp in a can

@mstruv- I really appreciate it man, I hope it keeps you driving on your build!

LATE NIGHT UPDATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or early morning, just did some bored painting, and a look into the future for yall!!!!!

2zyy6nc.jpg

11u875w.jpg

2wd66ur.jpg

2d6sb5j.jpg

315fmex.jpg

and the next part is the chest attachment :D anyone know if there's a file for this one? if not I'll just free hand it

zk4e50.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back