Progress On My New Set Of Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
TwitchFMX8811 said:
Well looks like im playing the waiting game now. Time to wait and see what new high def piece comes out next. I still have to do the boots but im gonna wait till last to do those. Anyway the helmet is 100% assembled. I finished the details tonight. I used about 1/8'' cardboard. I also did alittle custom work around the neck area (cutting the whole piece into 5 separate pieces) and in the visor area ( I added a rim around the detail so it will look indented). What do you guys think?

100_0618.jpg

100_0619.jpg

100_0617.jpg

100_0621.jpg

Did you use stirafoam poster board to do this?

Last edited by a moderator:
WarHead9705 said:
Did you use stirafoam poster board to do this?

No I cut the patterns out from the pep program then I glued the patterns to some cardboard then glued that to the helm.

Well Im done with the right bicep and its off to the left. Im getting real good at this guestamation of scale I should use. I think so far the only thing i had to redo because of scale issues was the hand piece.

100_0643.jpg

100_0644.jpg

100_0640.jpg

100_0641.jpg

ahh, it warms me heart to see so many amazing armor pieces being turned out on this site.
Great job on this build
im still at the helmet building stage im redoing my old one too
except im doing fs' 2nd to final helmet, for some reason i think it looks just as good and it has about 1/2 the tabs to glue ;)

oh I work on my pep at my girlfriends house while she is on WoW. And I took the pics in her bathroom because there is a mirror in there.

TwitchFMX8811 said:
hmmmm that might be an idea!
NO! do not, i repeat DO NOT, Try this!
1st of all Resin is highly flamable when it is still "wet" (not dry)
2nd of all if you cover the fire with aluminium foil, you will surely get something on fire even if the helmet's not there.
(as the aluminium stores heat and will make the lamp overcharge/heat itself wich will propably cause for your circuits to blow up).

I say DO NOT DO THIS!

-Fin(n)ish

EDIT: WOOOOOOOT your Squirrel helmet is awesomely folded... i have to go kill myself! (or start all over againg..)

Sigma-LS said:
Just like gasoline won't start a fire because it's wet :lol:

Actually, gasoline does not burn, the fumes coming off of gasoline burns. If you drop a lit match into a bucket of gasoline, the match will almost always be extinguished by the liquid. If you hold the match over the bucket of gasoline, you will not have hairy knuckles any more. :D

P.s. Don't try this at home, kids...gas is too expensive!

dungbeetle said:
Actually, gasoline does not burn, the fumes coming off of gasoline burns. If you drop a lit match into a bucket of gasoline, the match will almost always be extinguished by the liquid. If you hold the match over the bucket of gasoline, you will not have hairy knuckles any more. :D

not true ive accidently dropped a match into a bucket and it blew up the only that was exstinguished was my dads trust in me being around fire lol if u look at my icon that kinda what it looked like but a little smaller and i wasnt wearing armor.

thisismadness2 said:
not true ive accidently dropped a match into a bucket and it blew up the only that was exstinguished was my dads trust in me being around fire lol if u look at my icon that kinda what it looked like but a little smaller and i wasnt wearing armor.
Yup, Gasoline does set up on fire. In some cases it is extiguished if the fire is covered with gas (if it doesnt get any air, fire is extiguished when it's not able to get oxygen). Besides if the gas wouldnt set up on fire why is all the gas burned away?

-Fin(n)ish

Wow. Everything looks great. The bicep looks scaled perfect (would you mind telling me your hieght and the scale you used?)

Finnish_Spartan said:
NO! do not, i repeat DO NOT, Try this!
1st of all Resin is highly flamable when it is still "wet" (not dry)
2nd of all if you cover the fire with aluminium foil, you will surely get something on fire even if the helmet's not there.
(as the aluminium stores heat and will make the lamp overcharge/heat itself wich will propably cause for your circuits to blow up).

I say DO NOT DO THIS!

-Fin(n)ish

EDIT: WOOOOOOOT your Squirrel helmet is awesomely folded... i have to go kill myself! (or start all over againg..)

dungbeetle said:

thisismadness2 said:

Finnish_Spartan said:
Yup, Gasoline does set up on fire. In some cases it is extiguished if the fire is covered with gas (if it doesnt get any air, fire is extiguished when it's not able to get oxygen). Besides if the gas wouldnt set up on fire why is all the gas burned away?

-Fin(n)ish

Ok just to straiten up some things. This was forever ago. Im not even using that helmet anymore. I trashed it. I just put my first layer of resin on my new helmet today. And to let everyone know. Gas itself is not flammable. The fumes are. If you were to get a high speed cam and watched a match hit gas you will see the fire starts before the match hits the ground. The reason gas "burns" is because the burning vapors causes so much heat that it makes the gas evaporate creating more fumes which then catch on fire. This happens so fast that that creates the explosion. Ive taken automotive classes and the first day is always safety day and every time there is a 45min discussion on this so trust me gas itself is not flammable its the vapors.

Robogenisis said:
Wow. Everything looks great. The bicep looks scaled perfect (would you mind telling me your hieght and the scale you used?)

Thanks... I cant wait to see what you come up with next.

and to answer your question. I created this thread just for this reason. I just wish more would get on board with it.

looks good! your first set came out very clean, so I'm looking forward to what you do with this more detailed set, GL!

very nice job, i have to get workin on mine again.

Did you try the HD boots? they dont seem to be a problem compared to the biceps.

TwitchFMX8811 said:
And to answer your question. I created this thread just for this reason. I just wish more would get on board with it.
Ok, now could you post the "SCALE". I need the scales for my pieces, not the assembled hieght (and if that is a scale, then you must be like 3 feet tall, with hands that are almost non-exsistent :p)

rvb4life said:
very nice job, i have to get workin on mine again.

Did you try the HD boots? they dont seem to be a problem compared to the biceps.

No Im going to save the boots for last

Robogenisis said:
Ok, now could you post the "SCALE". I need the scales for my pieces, not the assembled hieght (and if that is a scale, then you must be like 3 feet tall, with hands that are almost non-exsistent :p)

Sorry yea that is the assembled height. I just figured the would always stay in per portion to each other. But if you type the assemb. height in what ever comes up is the scale I used.

Hey Twitch. After looking at your scaling thread, I've discovered you used pretty much the exact same scaling as I did for the torso. (The same ratio, that is.) The question I had is, was yours a little tight around the chest? Or do you not know? (The only shot of you wearing it was before it was finished.)

Nicktendo said:
Hey Twitch. After looking at your scaling thread, I've discovered you used pretty much the exact same scaling as I did for the torso. (The same ratio, that is.) The question I had is, was yours a little tight around the chest? Or do you not know? (The only shot of you wearing it was before it was finished.)

Im sorry I dont know. I havent put it on yet. It looks like it might be a little tight but that just means its going to fit nice and snug like it should :p . But yea the only pic of me wearing it was before it was done. I have to wait untill its fiberglassed and cut in half before I know. (blasted weather I really wish it would stop raining and get above 50 more often.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back