Promethean knight build, yayyyy no 3D models and pep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to update this and say that I didn't give up on the build or anything! I' fiberglassed the helmet, decided i didn't like the shape, so I've been trying out different helmet pieces again, and again

and again

SO

I finally reached a point where I feel confident putting bondo on it and starting to flesh out some detail- I'll post pictures once I've cleaned it up later tonight! (I'll include a picture of my hilariously full trash can of 10 or so reject fiberglass pieces)

Bumpdate!
photo5.jpg

Looking somewhat like a promethean helmet now!

Definitely going to mold this- it's HEAVY.

Looking good so far.... I was thinking about making the knight myself but decided to go more in the direction of the Librarian instead. Also have you put any thought into how you will be doing the upper torso? Same with the arms that stick out at the chest.

not sure what you mean by the upper torso- it looks pretty straightforward to me. Walk with a hunch, carry a massive thing on my back, scale everything around me so that it fits tight in places and loose in others so it doesn't lose it's alien proportions.

As for the arms that stick out of the chest, i'm leaving them out of the build for now since they garner so little attention. However once i'm finished with everything, i have a plan to use some different strength springs to give them the appearance of motion. Not sure on that yet though.

A librarian build? Don't get me wrong, it's awesome that youre doing that, i want to see a whole cast of Halo 4 in real life. I just found the librarian to be ugly and unappealing in almost every way, just my 0.02c

not sure what you mean by the upper torso- it looks pretty straightforward to me. Walk with a hunch, carry a massive thing on my back, scale everything around me so that it fits tight in places and loose in others so it doesn't lose it's alien proportions.

As for the arms that stick out of the chest, i'm leaving them out of the build for now since they garner so little attention. However once i'm finished with everything, i have a plan to use some different strength springs to give them the appearance of motion. Not sure on that yet though.

A librarian build? Don't get me wrong, it's awesome that youre doing that, i want to see a whole cast of Halo 4 in real life. I just found the librarian to be ugly and unappealing in almost every way, just my 0.02c

I think the ugliness is whats appealing to me plus I see how her face is and I find it challenging and fun to create with makeup. Plus I have been making armor for 3 years straight and this is something new and exciting. But that's good that you are going to scale everything around you, its going to probably make it easier to walk.

I think the ugliness is whats appealing to me plus I see how her face is and I find it challenging and fun to create with makeup. Plus I have been making armor for 3 years straight and this is something new and exciting. But that's good that you are going to scale everything around you, its going to probably make it easier to walk.

All great points! Can't wait to see how it turns out. Sometimes things in real life are surprisingly better. (Like a Grunt in real life look BADASS, whereas ingame its just.... lol. a joke)

in case you don't already know, the ingame video logs you find of the prometheans have some great shots of the librarian you might not find otherwise

Bumpdate!

photo8.jpg

Before final smoothing out and detailing. Needed to make sure all the electronics are good to go. I have a TON of schoolwork due to my prof next wednesday, so I probably won't work more on it until next thursday, but it should be in paint by next weekend!

Helmet is looking pretty bada$$! I have one suggestion as far as the EL wire goes. Have you tried outlining the inside of the eyes instead of zigzagging across them? I've seen others use this method and you get the awesome glow from the wire without actually seeing it. Also, from the look of the helmet, you will need to see out of those eyes, right? Just a suggestion. I cant wait to see more progress pics!

I can see out of those eyes!

I used the xRobot iron man method of mirrored lenses with a cloth in front of them that catches the light of the LEDs, while still being able to see!

I'm doing a Battlewagon themed Knight, which has the glow in that pattern

Oh, and I cut a recessed trench that the EL wire fits into, but it won't stay without being held in, which this blue tape wasn't powerful enough for :D I'll epoxy the EL wire in once the helmet is painted

Halo-4-Promethean-Knight-Battlewagon.jpg

Another guy on the 405th has started a knight and its looking good!, have a look at his, you may get some ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back