Purchasing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat Soup

So i was just wondering, i have seen some pretty good halo reach helmets out there, I don't think that I have the skills to make one but would it be possible to buy one? If so what price would it be, and would it survive a shipping to england?

So i was just wondering, i have seen some pretty good halo reach helmets out there, I don't think that I have the skills to make one but would it be possible to buy one? If so what price would it be, and would it survive a shipping to england?

1) You have the skills to make one.
2) It's possible, but you need to become a good standing member in order to get access to the classifieds.
3) Price depends a lot on the seller. And it will survive to England.

Well seeming as i'm in england and the hardening need around 60f, i don't have the requirements to make one, can you point me in the right direction as to what you mean be class fields? I will try to stay around abit.

Anyone has the ability, you just have to put some effort into it. As for the classifieds, you have to be a member for a while and make the effort to be part of the community(mainly posting, making a build, contributing to a build with constructive criticisms or advice). And for the 60F for the resin, there are other methods you can use such as the hot glue method or wood glue methods, OR just wait till summer. But try and make the effort to make your own helmet, when you're done, the end product will be something you can be much more proud of than one you just bought. Don't put yourself down before making the attempt. Good luck if you decide to make the jump into actual armor building!

There are several UK members who have made armor.
The classifieds aren't important for you right now. you just need to be a contributing member of the forums. Then you will be able to see them.

Also this is something that is a common misconception about this site, it isn't for the building and selling of armor.
It's for teaching new members how to build their own helmets and suits of armor.

There are a TON of resources on this site to help you get started on whatever it is that you decide to do.

Have fun learning!

Omega

This sight is not realy intended to sell stuff, but there are others, i.e EBAY and there are usualy a few on there for a reasonable price. id suggest looking there.

Well seeming as i'm in england and the hardening need around 60f, i don't have the requirements to make one, can you point me in the right direction as to what you mean be class fields? I will try to stay around abit.

Hi Cat Soup, I am in the UK too and started my build in Oct. It was slow going when the temp dropped but there are ways around it being cold. Summers on its way too I hope.

Hey cat, you can do it. look at me, at first i was like you. thinking i can not do it. but now, im doing it, but it took me months to start. you can do it!! just have trust in your self ^^

u could try to build using foam. it IS possible to do helmets in foam just requires a bit more ingenuity.

Disclaimer: this site is meant to promote the building (not selling) of Halo related armor and props. Take the time and I think you'll find that you actually do have the ability to make some really amazing stuff!

That being said, if you really want to buy stuff, there are some options. As was mentioned before, if you stick around long enough and contribute enough you'll be granted "Infantryman" status. This will allow you to view the Classifieds page. Another option is the aforementioned eBay, though it's pretty rare to find actual armor there since mostly people are selling replica guns, for some reason. A third option is http://www.westerfieldstudios.com/. Expensive, and I cannot attest to the quality since I've never purchased anything from them, but you might want to give it a whirl. Good luck!

P.S. I would definitely recommend making your own. You'll love it. Seriously.

Disclaimer: this site is meant to promote the building (not selling) of Halo related armor and props. Take the time and I think you'll find that you actually do have the ability to make some really amazing stuff!

That being said, if you really want to buy stuff, there are some options. As was mentioned before, if you stick around long enough and contribute enough you'll be granted "Infantryman" status. This will allow you to view the Classifieds page. Another option is the aforementioned eBay, though it's pretty rare to find actual armor there since mostly people are selling replica guns, for some reason. A third option is http://www.westerfieldstudios.com/. Expensive, and I cannot attest to the quality since I've never purchased anything from them, but you might want to give it a whirl. Good luck!

Wait... Isn't what they're doing a little...Illegal? Or does Bungie, 343 Studios or even Micro$oft even care?

LOl, These guys are down the street from me. Largo, FL. Anyways, I would rather make my own.

Dude, I'm in the north of scotland and resin / bondo manages to harden just fine up here.

Plus, I'm on my second suit, built one-handed, if I can do it, you can do it.

While it's a great that all of you guys are pushing to build one's own suit (as I usually would), I feel that in this case, the "I don't have the skills" excuse really means "I'm too lazy to learn new things put in time and effort; I just want the end result." ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back