Rachciav's Boot And Odst Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
ha ha thanks for the correction ithica :D and thank you for the compliment jim.

i had already done almost 3 coats when it fell, and now that i think of it, i dont think its all that damaged, so i ended up going with it, if it ends up being super damaged which i doubt, i can always fix the cast. i think id just need a little smoothing out with a dremel. i just applied the final coat so in 16 hours ill be making a mother mold, and once that cures ill demold it. and hopefully by monday i can start to make the first cast of my handplate.

I'm 9ish hours ahead so is that my monday or yours....lol. I'm excited to see your final product.

Ithica

gamerguy55 said:
That looks awesome! o_O

I really don't know what else to say, other than I want to see the rest. ^.^

Ithica said:
I'm 9ish hours ahead so is that my monday or yours....lol. I'm excited to see your final product.

Ithica
ummm....im not sure..monday is tomorrow for me. i cant wait until i can demold this.

falcon NL said:
any photo's of the mold? Im alway interested in a mold ^^

i dont have any pics yet. it just kinda looks like a kinda shin shape covered in white. im just heading out right now so ill take pics as soon as i get back.

Last edited by a moderator:
i just demolded the shin the damage seem minimal on the back, but i wont know for sure until i cast it. anyway heres some pictures.

DSC03760.jpg

silicone

DSC03762.jpg

mother mold

DSC03764.jpg

damage

DSC03767.jpg

demolded

DSC03768.jpg

inside

Overlord_Ian said:
Nice work on your mold :). I'm looking forward to seeing how these turn out.

thanks! :D ill have the handplates casted tomorrow

box o crayons said:
thats going to be awsome and what size are your handplates set at

thanks and umm i dont know really....i jst kinda made them. theyre a little big on me, so im sure theyd fit most people.

i casted the handplates like five mins ago, so heres some pics.

DSC00310.jpg

comparison

DSC00308.jpg

cast

DSC00304.jpg

curing

DSC00309.jpg

the two handplates comparison

i had some extra plastic while casting, so i casted the pep handplate mold, but there wasnt enough plastic so it was fail. my boyfriend took the pics with his super high quality camera this time, so they actually look good. my camera is soo old.

i casted the shin, and it took longer than i thought, i messed up on the front part, because i didnt realize that where the silicone was cut, i didnt push it down all the way, so its like higher in one part than the other, pics will make it easier to under stand

DSC_6416.jpg

damage

DSC_6415.jpg

front part where i messed up could be fixed with bondo

DSC_6414.jpg

front

DSC_6412.jpg

demolding

tell me what you think :D ill be casting the other shin now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back