Rakshasa Grenadier

tahu505

Sr Member
Member DIN
S505
Time for a 2nd grenadier suit! Since crosscore helmets are in Infinite now, I've been seeing what different kinds of grenadier suits I can make. Rakshasa has really grown on me, especially with some of the attachments it has. I also do not have much experience sewing or working with soft parts, so this seems like a good way to push myself. Here's what I have in mind for the build so far. I'm not fully decided on the wrist and utility attachments.
3db4940d-65ad-459c-b124-05273a599d9b.png

A few months back I modeled the UA TYPE/GNY knees.
shovelknee_MS3DB.PNG

I modeled the plasma grenades on the three prayers shoulder (more pictures of the plasma grenade modele in the "MORE GRENADES!!!!!" build thread) and today I started modeling the three prayers attachment itself. Turns out the grenades block a lot of the views I try to get in the reference images, but I'm working around it.
plasma render.PNG
plasma render 2.PNG

1699500758854.png

I do not plan on modeling the base armor for the rakshasa core, as there are a lot of great files for that already. I haven't seen too many files for a lot of the attachments, or at least the ones I use, so I do plan to model all of the rakshasa attachments in this build. Even if someone else makes some of them, I still want to start modeling some more armor parts.

I can already tell this is the start to something wonderful. I already commented on the grenades in that thread, the knee looks great, and the beginning of the shoulder mount looks very promising.
Turns out the grenades block a lot of the views I try to get in the reference images, but I'm working around it.
The Halo Archive recently released a pack containing all of the Rakshasa pieces from Season 5. If you download that pack and edit the shoulders to hide the grenades (should be a simple "separate by material/by loose parts" operation), that should hopefully give you a better overview of how it all looks.

I can already tell this is the start to something wonderful. I already commented on the grenades in that thread, the knee looks great, and the beginning of the shoulder mount looks very promising.

The Halo Archive recently released a pack containing all of the Rakshasa pieces from Season 5. If you download that pack and edit the shoulders to hide the grenades (should be a simple "separate by material/by loose parts" operation), that should hopefully give you a better overview of how it all looks.
I knew there had to be some way to view the shoulder separately! Thank you, I'll try to check it out!

This is the top view I've been working with
6bfeb9f7-aa42-46e2-8764-0f1f4491786c.png

I was able to find the file pack, and with help from Jeffw773 I was able to remove the grenades! So big thank you to both of you! This will make the rest of the modeling easier and more accurate by taking out the guessing work.
TP no nades.PNG

My guy, that was so fast... goood. I cannot wait for this suit to be done, because uhhhh RAK CITY

View attachment 338490
I felt I went slow on this one. Took a lot of breaks lol. From the Instagram poll I did, the chest attachment is next. I know you said you were a fan of that one. I'll try getting that done this week. I've got free time now so I'm trying to get at least the models done before a potential new job.

I felt I went slow on this one. Took a lot of breaks lol. From the Instagram poll I did, the chest attachment is next. I know you said you were a fan of that one. I'll try getting that done this week. I've got free time now so I'm trying to get at least the models done before a potential new job.
Looking forward to it! This new suit is gonna she sick as hecc, I can already tell!
RED TEAM, WOOH! LET'S GO.

Can't wait to see the progress!
*ahem*
remix-89d9e728-2fd0-4fd1-a5de-6e1e0156af82.png

I 3D modeled the Millwood handplates today! This was a bit different from the normal models I make, but a big part of why I'm making these models myself is to push myself.

I made these test prints near the beginning of modeling. I wanted to make sure the hand plates fit to my hand before adding the details.
20231116_204800.jpg

Here is the finished model!
il_794xN.5561294967_f78l.jpg
il_794xN.5513175568_5kxs.jpg

il_794xN.5513175566_cuol.jpg
il_794xN.5561294963_rhei.jpg

I modeled the Util Teccniqe Iota-12 right shoulder today. The left shoulder has a radio but that will not be a part of my build. I will still model the radio for people who want it, but I will not be posting it in this build thread since it's not part of this build.
1700479184492.png
1700479239892.png

1700479267840.png
1700479296331.png

Attachments

• 1700479227042.png
    1700479227042.png
    198.3 KB · Views: 31

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back