Rakshasa Grenadier

This doesnt look like Bioncle...

1704078556786.png

cant wait to see this come together!

I opened Armorsmith and scaled all of my files (minus the boots because I don't know which boots I will be using yet). For the base Rakshasa armor, I used the files from MDBDesignsShop on Etsy. I do still plan on using the UA attachment for the grenadier helmet but did not scale it nor the helmet since I already have them from my Spartan III Grenadier build. I will start some of the prints today. I plan to print at .1mm and use the UV resin method for filling and sanding. That method will be covered more when I get there.
1705711158925.png

I opened Armorsmith and scaled all of my files (minus the boots because I don't know which boots I will be using yet). For the base Rakshasa armor, I used the files from MDBDesignsShop on Etsy. I do still plan on using the UA attachment for the grenadier helmet but did not scale it nor the helmet since I already have them from my Spartan III Grenadier build. I will start some of the prints today. I plan to print at .1mm and use the UV resin method for filling and sanding. That method will be covered more when I get there.
View attachment 340699
Wooo another Rakshasa ready for the grinder! RAK CITYYY
IMG_0844.jpeg

These models look great, what are you using to make them? I think I would like to try to get into modeling myself, do you have any recommendations?
I've been using Fusion360 to make these models. The main reason I got into Fusion360 is because it's similar to Solidworks, which I learned while in college for engineering. I'm not sure what the experience is like for getting into it as a new modeler but there should be tutorials on YouTube!

Fusion360 is a CAD program, so it really shines for making shapes meant to be solid and machined, so 3d printing or cnc. You can even specify exact dimensions. The downside is that organic shapes can be a bit tougher to make. They're still possible, just more difficult compared to Blender, where you can do sculpting. I can't speak too much for Blender as I've only done a little with it. The style of modeling in Blender vs Fusion is very different and I personally need a lot more practice to wrap my head around Blender. I've seen amazing models for cosplay created in both! It really depends on what type of models you want to make. I'd also try out both of them and see which one makes more sense to you.

Both of the biceps are done as well as one forearm! The other forearm was printing but I started having thermal runaway errors. It's late at night so that will be a problem to solve for tomorrow and Ada (Ender 3) gets a printing break. Meanwhile Nynrah (Ender 5 Plus) has the first thigh started!
1000007496.jpg

1000007506.jpg

Update on the thermal runaway for Ada. The print kept stopping at the exact same spot. I restarted the printer and pressed resume print for one of the tests. The print continued, then stopped again after doing the same amount of layers. Looking online people suggest that it could be due to a damaged wire for the thermistor, with the wire being bent at that layer height, but with the restart and continue test, I knew that couldn't be it. I still checked my thermistor and the end looked clean and in tact. I decided to close Cura, reopen it, and reslice the part. That seems to have fixed it!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back