Reach and mass effects, its been awhile for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice work, You're foam armor is just great and the new helmet is just wonderful, looking forward to seeing that done up in full paint.

Let me just say that I am always impressed. I love seeing your builds. I have the Pilot printed out and I will definitely be paying attention. Your stuff is so clean, this is something I'm struggling with. Well, keep it up. You give us noobs inspiration!.

Wow your work is amazing Timecon. I know you're not doing any commissions right now, but man I wish I could pay you to build me a torso and those arm attachments.. I love the look of those!

da226b28.jpg

I'm slowly going to start upgrading this suit starting with more accurate shins, thanks to forgereclaimer For really helping out the community With his amazing 3D files as well as his team of unfolders make sure to check those out in the 3D section of the forum

This is all I could get done in the last few days baby takes up most my time taking care of him

8ba3463f.png

36e9fec2.png

89e2bb22.png

The shin looks great but that's to be expected.
How do you get the seams and edges so smooth before painting, is it just a bonus of the Plasti Dip?
Also, how well does the paint cover the surface of the Plasti Dip? My mother is allergic to latex, which is the Plasti Dip base, and I try to keep latex products out of the house as much as possible but this seems like too great method to pass up.

The shin looks great but that's to be expected.
How do you get the seams and edges so smooth before painting, is it just a bonus of the Plasti Dip?
Also, how well does the paint cover the surface of the Plasti Dip? My mother is allergic to latex, which is the Plasti Dip base, and I try to keep latex products out of the house as much as possible but this seems like too great method to pass up.

Well foam building is not perfect there may always be a few seems that you will have trouble with. But the plasti dip does take care of a lot of blemishes and the paint hold really well to the plasti dip. Also you should never be spraying spray paint in a house any way that's a given so just take it outside and if your worried about the spray drifting to much you can cut that down by using a big box

i just keep on coming to this thread and seeing your armour, and it just amazes me each time. it is so amazing, not just some of the ebst foam armour, but some of the best armour ot there. keep up the awesomeness.

Well foam building is not perfect there may always be a few seems that you will have trouble with. But the plasti dip does take care of a lot of blemishes and the paint hold really well to the plasti dip. Also you should never be spraying spray paint in a house any way that's a given so just take it outside and if your worried about the spray drifting to much you can cut that down by using a big box

I meant more of having the armor in the house after coating it than spraying in the house. Thanks for the answers on the seams.

i'm mostly interested in your visor, it's so perfectly black,is it just a regular smoked out visor? either way, still the most fantastic foam build I have seen ever

wow, it's been a while tim... glad you're still here. As always, phenomenal work on your suits/builds and congrats on being a new dad... I'm a new dad myself. lol

Keep up the awesome work.

Brandon is correct,
Thank you lost Viking!
The lines I used masking tape bond and a razor, I tape off a section I want to build up, then put a blob of bond on before the bondo sets I pull off the tape which gives me a pretty strat line then when the bond starts to harden when it's in it solid soft state I cut it with the razor. Then I sand it a little if there arenany problems I just use small batches to fix the spots

Visor is just a regular smoked visor

Thanks for the reference pic And the pep file and yes I've already made the back from scratch I'll post pics of it but I want to get more done before I do I've been very busy latly and haven't had time much to work on it.

That awesome pooper con grates yourself yeah last time I saw you was dcon 09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back