Reach Reach

Status
Not open for further replies.
BAM, update :D

I made spine armor, I made sort of custom made and wanted to make it my own, I'm planning on having a serial number and UNSC on one of the plates,
I just finished painting the dark drey and I got excited and took a picture before it dried, it's long enough from my chest piece to the back of the pelvis piece so that's all good :)

002.jpg

I finished up an ODST shoulder, I added weathering and I'm suprised on how awesome it came out, except that one drip of resin, I dont know if I will fix with the limited time I have until August 27 ( FanExpo in Toronto ).

001-2.jpg

I pepped out both of my shins and resined my thighs, I have a friend of mine do all of my lights because he know's I'm horrible at it and wants me to be more concentrated on it so yay :)
I'm only going to have lights on the chest piece (front and back) and my thighs, I thought the ones on the upperarms didn't count :p pics later :3

I made a DMR awhile ago out of wood in my school woodshop, I don't know what I should do with it, I made it in 2 classes each class is an hour and a half, so 3 hours total.
I made two thinner sides out of 1/8 MDF, and one core made out of whatever I could find in the recycling lol.
The clip is removable and it's heavy as hell.

002-1.jpg

and tomorrow I'm off to buy rolls of foam for my undersuit and already started to draw it out and plan so maybe an update soon :)
thanks for the encouragement guys! :cool

Wow dude! great work! what is your spine made of? and how is it attached to your back? Just winderin im planning all those pesky details myself too :)

they let you make guns at school???
i remember at my old high school, if you brought anything resembling a weapon you'd be suspended or expelled. haha

its looking great though!

spine is cardboard :p
I have bolts for it to slide up and down, maybe I'll post something about it later because this is now just a temp spine just because I don't have enough time, my main one for the reach launch will be made out of plastic trash cans, foam and cardboard.

my highschool is the same way haha
I just worked on it at the back of the class and when I had around half done, he would laugh and just tell me to keep it hidden, as I did :p I walked it home with people watching haha
it was great lol

you can use your ipod touch to make your theme music when you are trooping, just add some speakers in the chest

you can use your ipod touch to make your theme music when you are trooping, just add some speakers in the chest

haha that's what I plan on doing, all I need is a long cable to reach the speakers, I bought some cheap speakers what I wouldn't miss and just going to install them on my shoulders :p

Here are some updates :3

I weathered the spine and Carter wrist attachment ( entertainment device )
the wrist attachment looks darker and the weathering didn't come out too good on the camera.

002-2.jpg

I pepped both thighs, knee caps and shins.
thighs are both resined twice and only one shin and knee cap have 2 coats of resin, with the other only one.
I can't wait to see how it looks painted and completed :)

010.jpg

I bought a big roll of foamies for my undersuit ($6), it's going to be reinforced by 1'' nylon straps and buckels and
is going to be sowed on. Also bought bed foam for padding for the inside ($14). Ideas from XtremeTactics101 :3 merci

012.jpg

I got a quick glimpse of the undersuit and decided to draw out a simple, doable undersuit made out of foamies, here's my plan.

001-3.jpg

any suggestions or comments are much appreciated :)
thanks!

Do you think that, after you finish the undersuit, you will make and sell some or make a tutorial to make them? It is really interesting!

Really nice work so far, loving the "wrist attachment". Looking forward to seeing how your undersuit comes out!

very cool armor. im thinking about using my ipod for the wrist too. i really dont understand the spine though.

very cool armor. im thinking about using my ipod for the wrist too. i really dont understand the spine though.

lol thanks :p

well, for now I'm under tight time for an expo so this is just a filler.
All it is cardboard :3
I will post another tutorial on how I make the other one flex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back