Reach UNSC Trooper WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
your templates are a god send, hoping to start making a marine that pilots one of the sabre's and helps 6 on the corvette, if you ever did make a template for the collar it would be appreciated but i think it might be hard cause everyones body shape is different meaning the basic template would have to be modified to fit, sounds like it would need to be scratch built to me. Great work on the armour by the way :)

hey td would happen to have a template for the marine collar attachment in the works

d.jpg

also are you doing any runs of your knee pieces?

Hey Turtle, so sorry for the late reply...been busy getting ready for comic con, but I don't have templates for the Marine collar. I'll probably work on it sometime later since I really like the Marine Trooper variant. Regarding the knees, I need to make some changes then I'll let you know when I do make a few runs of them. Thanks for your interest in my work.

You're build is moving along great.

Thanks Thorn!

your templates are a god send, hoping to start making a marine that pilots one of the sabre's and helps 6 on the corvette, if you ever did make a template for the collar it would be appreciated but i think it might be hard cause everyones body shape is different meaning the basic template would have to be modified to fit, sounds like it would need to be scratch built to me. Great work on the armour by the way :)

Thanks for the compliment and I'll post a new thread for the collar. I am planning to make a mold of my UNSC Trooper helmet so I can make a copy to modify it into the Marine helmet which is a closed helmet compared to the regular Army troopers. I'll post a new thread when the time comes.

Here are pics of me in my finished armor post comic con meeting.

Trooperpic5.jpg

Trooperpic2.jpg

Attachments

• d.jpg
    d.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 271
  • Trooperpic2.jpg
    Trooperpic2.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 432
  • Trooperpic5.jpg
    Trooperpic5.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 192
its nice to meet you at CC man and your build was epic. i wouldnt mind gettin together some point soon just to talk i would love to get to look over how you made most of your armor for when i make my reach odst version. and loved the AR you have also. and im gettin pix up when i get new ones all the time on the FB page.

its nice to meet you at CC man and your build was epic. i wouldnt mind gettin together some point soon just to talk i would love to get to look over how you made most of your armor for when i make my reach odst version. and loved the AR you have also. and im gettin pix up when i get new ones all the time on the FB page.

Thanks Chris! Your ODST rocks dude! Yeah, just hit me up one of these weekends and I'll help you out with the armor and Reach AR. BTW, thanks for the pics again!

yeah i will lol may have a meeting with a guy from LA about a halo fan film but if i have time i will let you know. and NP on the pix man when i get them i upload them it just takes a little bit since like i said in the post i have to save them then upload them. and once i have my odst done wee nneed to do a shoot you and me ..... and thanks for the friend acceptance on FB....

yeah i will lol may have a meeting with a guy from LA about a halo fan film but if i have time i will let you know. and NP on the pix man when i get them i upload them it just takes a little bit since like i said in the post i have to save them then upload them. and once i have my odst done wee nneed to do a shoot you and me ..... and thanks for the friend acceptance on FB....

Cool dude...sounds great! Now I gotta get busy with my back pack.

TD, that Marine armor is awesome, man! Kudos! :)
These are times I wish I was stateside so I could attend SDCC as well.

Thanks Viper! Will see you there when you're back home again and take care out there.

yeah i saw the back pack it looks bad ass. im goin to do ground type odst no jetpack for me lol. um so i didnt get to ask you this lol but where you to be army or marine trooper. cammmies makes you army .

yeah i saw the back pack it looks bad ass. im goin to do ground type odst no jetpack for me lol. um so i didnt get to ask you this lol but where you to be army or marine trooper. cammmies makes you army .

Yeah I agree with you on that, I don't think I'm ready to tackle a pepakura jetpack just yet lol! I guess the way I have it now would make me army trooper but I would love to do the marine trooper for sure.

no problem, it looks like you have been a busy trooper. I ended up just making a rough template using the figure i bought, and i'm working on making the ammo pouches too. I would be more than willing to send them to you once i get them scanned

no problem, it looks like you have been a busy trooper. I ended up just making a rough template using the figure i bought, and i'm working on making the ammo pouches too. I would be more than willing to send them to you once i get them scanned

Cool! Glad you got it started at least; would be cool to see your WIP pics of that. I would appreciate getting templates for the ammo pouches...thanks!

here is what I have so far. all i have right now is craft foam, but im going to get some thicker stuff in a couple days. It seems a little big right now but that might change once I get thicker foam. My plan is to be able to convert my sean bradley odst to a reach odst before the anniversary so i can hang out at gamestop.

Picture57.jpg

oh and here is the sniper pouch i finished sewing together today

Picture58.jpg

Picture59.jpg

Picture60.jpg

Picture61.jpg

Picture62.jpg

sorry for the quality, i need a new camera

Attachments

• Picture61.jpg
    Picture61.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 178
  • Picture60.jpg
    Picture60.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 187
  • Picture59.jpg
    Picture59.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 184
  • Picture58.jpg
    Picture58.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 178
  • Picture57.jpg
    Picture57.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 185
  • Picture62.jpg
    Picture62.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 193
Great work man! this looks super awesome. i like the el wire idea didnt know about it before. cant wait to see it all finished.

here is what I have so far. all i have right now is craft foam, but im going to get some thicker stuff in a couple days. It seems a little big right now but that might change once I get thicker foam. My plan is to be able to convert my sean bradley odst to a reach odst before the anniversary so i can hang out at gamestop.

Picture57.jpg

oh and here is the sniper pouch i finished sewing together today

Picture58.jpg

Picture59.jpg

Picture60.jpg

Picture61.jpg

Picture62.jpg

sorry for the quality, i need a new camera

Your pouch looks great! Everytime I go to a store, I always check to see if there is anything that closely matches the sniper pouch so I don't have to make it...lol! I was going to make my own ammo pouches but I ran out of time before comic con. Really love how the pouch is turning out man, keep up the good work!

Attachments

• Picture60.jpg
    Picture60.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 182
  • Picture61.jpg
    Picture61.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 180
  • Picture62.jpg
    Picture62.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 181
  • Picture59.jpg
    Picture59.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 179
  • Picture58.jpg
    Picture58.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 176
  • Picture57.jpg
    Picture57.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 180
Thanks, i'm hoping to have my conversion done before november, but I think since I have a grenade launcher I might tweek it further and make an odst grenadier.

ts nice to see people using your files man and for reach odst's at that im hopin to get even more done this weekend on mine.

HaloGoddess, I usually brush on a couple of coats of Mod Podge first on stationary parts because the foam may absorb the paint, especially in areas that have been sanded. That's why I designed my chest piece to be worn without bending any parts, in the process of putting it on. Otherwise, the Mod Podge will crack and flake-off. After painting the parts and weathering, I would recommend protecting the finish with some clear coat especially if you used water slide transfer film for your decals. Hope this helps! :)

A little bit of an update on my progress. I was able to make a sketch of the bigger shoulder armor even though I have the pep files for the EOD shoulder plates; I am really no good nor have any patience in pepping them. LOL! So here are some pics. :D

DSC01302.jpg

Here are the shoulder armor cutout from 1" inch blue foam rubber with some details.
DSC01306.jpg

DSC01310.jpg

DSC01311.jpg

Where did u find the 1inch foam matte?

Attachments

• DSC01311.jpg
    DSC01311.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 171
  • DSC01310.jpg
    DSC01310.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 197
  • DSC01306.jpg