Release Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Altair651 said:
What you just said was very confusing and didnt really make sense to me, you may want to check your spelling. P.S. Your not allowed to double post. Plus I would still like to know the answer to the question. :)

Don't play that game with me. You just deleted your post and I don't care.

If you don't want to be helped, just leave. What I was saying IS. BUY THE RIGHT THING. Don't try to find cheap alternatives BECAUSE if the "cheap" alternative does NOT work, your MOLD will be USELESS and STUCKED on your MASTER.

Clear enough?

No?

Want a drawing?

Alright.

78390185.png

</thread>

Last edited by a moderator:
LastSpartan said:
Don't play that game with me. You just deleted your post and I don't care.

If you don't want to be helped, just leave. What I was saying IS. BUY THE RIGHT THING. Don't try to find cheap alternatives BECAUSE if the "cheap" alternative does NOT work, your MOLD will be USELESS and STUCKED on your MASTER.

Clear enough?

No?

Want a drawing?

Alright.

78390185.png

</thread>

What game? Im not playing no game with you? You are one very moody person. Tisk, tisk, anyway I was looking for a detailed step by step tutorial, not one a 2 year old could have created. Thats a drwaing that shows the bare basics, I sorta already knew that? So what I would be looking for is someone who actually knows there stuff. P.S. You really did double post, so....... yah? =0

Altair651 said:
What game? Im not playing no game with you? You are one very moody person. Tisk, tisk, anyway I was looking for a detailed step by step tutorial, not one a 2 year old could have created. Thats a drwaing that shows the bare basics, I sorta already knew that? So what I would be looking for is someone who actually knows there stuff. P.S. You really did double post, so....... yah? =0

Okay, you don't want advice alright. You don't want to use Google, alright. You don't want to call Smooth-on, alright.

You want to be spoonfed, alright.

Product Description

The PMC®-121 Series urethane rubbers feature convenient one-to-one by volume mix ratios. PMC®-121/30 Dry and PMC®-121/30 Wet are exceptionally strong and abrasion resistant for soft urethane mold rubbers. These rubbers will meet the stringent demands of production casting of wax, plasters, concrete, resins and epoxies. Vibrant colors can be achieved by adding So-Strong® Color Tints, available from Smooth-On. The dry version does not exude an oil and can be used for casting waxes, Smooth-On liquid plastics, gypsum plasters and other materials. The wet version contains a built-in release agent to aid in demolding hard plasters and concrete.

Happy? You don't need a release agent? You would have searched before and it would have answered your question. 

Happy now?

Any other question I can happily answer? I don't mind AT all. I love spoonfeeding new members.

And strangely, I really hope you'll miss your mold.

Altair651 said:
Its called ''PMC 121/30 Dry'' from smooth-on. And I have a question for troubleis1983 about the cooking spray. Does it go on evenly like spraypaint, and do you apply it to the outside of the helmet before using the molding rubber, and on the inside of the mold before casting? What kind do you use, and does it dry nice and evenly to, if it even dries at all?

sprays smooth, i use vegtable oil spray, i apply it in the laytex mold before i pour plastic, seems to soak into the plastic very little residue

LastSpartan said:
Okay, you don't want advice alright. You don't want to use Google, alright. You don't want to call Smooth-on, alright.

You want to be spoonfed, alright.

Happy? You don't need a release agent? You would have searched before and it would have answered your question. 

Happy now?

Any other question I can happily answer? I don't mind AT all. I love spoonfeeding new members.

And strangely, I really hope you'll miss your mold.

If you would have gone into a little bit more of research you would have figured out that PMC 121/30 "DRY" does need a release agent, a 2 year old could have dug up that information, do you want to spoon fed? I wouldnt think so?! Your assistance is no longer needed, because it really hasnt helped so far! You should clean up on your reseach, and read forums a bit more carefully, before you go to assumptions.

Altair651 said:
If you would have gone into a little bit more of research you would have figured out that PMC 121/30 "DRY" does need a release agent, a 2 year old could have dug up that information, do you want to spoon fed? I wouldnt think so?! Your assistance is no longer needed, because it really hasnt helped so far! You should clean up on your reseach, and read forums a bit more carefully, before you go to assumptions.

You should try showing a little respect.If the research could have been done by a 2 year old, why didn't you do it in the first place? Read google a bit more carefully, and try researching for yourself before insulting people who are trying to help you.

Altair651 said:

My research? MY research? That's YOUR research. But you're too lazy to lift your butt from that chair, grab a phone and call Smooth-On. My assistance is not needed? You're not worth any assistance.

You want an answer to the OP? Alright. The question is : Can a clear coat aerasol spray paint be substituted for a release agent when making a mold?

The answer is No.

You asked for a Yes or No answer. You have it.

God I hate the noobies nowadays.

LastSpartan said:

My research? MY research? That's YOUR research. But you're too lazy to lift your butt from that chair, grab a phone and call Smooth-On. My assistance is not needed? You're not worth any assistance.

You want an answer to the OP? Alright. The question is : Can a clear coat aerasol spray paint be substituted for a release agent when making a mold?

The answer is No.

You asked for a Yes or No answer. You have it.

God I hate the noobies nowadays.

Be patient,

He will learn the ways of the 405th forums

bobbio555 said:
You should try showing a little respect.If the research could have been done by a 2 year old, why didn't you do it in the first place? Read google a bit more carefully, and try researching for yourself before insulting people who are trying to help you.

BUDDY!? Im not insulting anybody, im being dead serious! The only questions now that I need to have answered (now that the release agent I already have is vaseline, AKA "petroleam jelly) are the questions that were in my original statement: "Ok this is a urethane rubber, so is vaseline ok to use? If so, what are the ''exact'' specifications to applying the release agent on my piece? And would I apply the rubber on when the release agent is wet? If so would it be safe to apply the rubber on with a brush? Or would this just wipe away the release agent? And while your at it, would I need to apply the release agent on the rubber when I am about to make the mother mold? And in the mold itself when I am about to make the cast? And would a release agent ruin the physical properties of the mold? Basically would it leave any bumps, or ridges anywhere?"

I just wanted someone to answer all of these questions in detail, and so far no one has answered any of them! Oh and LastSpartan, I did contact them, a long time ago, they just havent replied yet! Stick that in your pipe, and smoke it!

Altair651 said:
BUDDY!? Im not insulting anybody, im being dead serious! The only questions now that I need to have answered (now that the release agent I already have is vaseline, AKA "petroleam jelly) are the questions that were in my original statement: "Ok this is a urethane rubber, so is vaseline ok to use? If so, what are the ''exact'' specifications to applying the release agent on my piece? And would I apply the rubber on when the release agent is wet? If so would it be safe to apply the rubber on with a brush? Or would this just wipe away the release agent? And while your at it, would I need to apply the release agent on the rubber when I am about to make the mother mold? And in the mold itself when I am about to make the cast? And would a release agent ruin the physical properties of the mold? Basically would it leave any bumps, or ridges anywhere?"

I just wanted someone to answer all of these questions in detail, and so far no one has answered any of them! Oh and LastSpartan, I did contact them, a long time ago, they just havent replied yet! Stick that in your pipe, and smoke it!

Oh, They don't answer the phone? Strange.

Alright, let's organise all your questions, and I shall give you answers.

Q: Ok this is a urethane rubber, so is vaseline ok to use?

A: No. It could work, but there is way better 

Q: If so, what are the ''exact'' specifications to applying the release agent on my piece? 

A: It's a can. Spray a mist, several layers, wait for them to cure.

Q: And would I apply the rubber on when the release agent is wet? 

A: No, wait.

Q: If so would it be safe to apply the rubber on with a brush? 

A: Could leave streaks I guess. It's a can anyway

Q: Or would this just wipe away the release agent?

A: Baaah 

Q: And while your at it, would I need to apply the release agent on the rubber when I am about to make the mother mold? 

A: Yes.

Q: And in the mold itself when I am about to make the cast?

Q: And would a release agent ruin the physical properties of the mold? 

A: It's a mist coat, so no.

Q:Basically would it leave any bumps, or ridges anywhere?

A: No.

Your release agent that you need is : http://www.smooth-on.com/Release-Agents-and/c9_1123_1226/index.html

Ease Release® 200 is an excellent general purpose release agent for making molds and casting parts. This product will release urethane rubber, urethane resins, polyester resins, RTV silicones, and thermoplastic polymers. Ease Release® 200 is effective on urethane, silicone and metal molds. Ideal For Releasing:

This cost me a long distance call. Glad? You owe me 5$ now.

Don't thank me. Seriously. I'd take it badly.

LastSpartan said:
Oh, They don't answer the phone? Strange.

Alright, let's organise all your questions, and I shall give you answers.

Q: Ok this is a urethane rubber, so is vaseline ok to use?

A: No. It could work, but there is way better 

Q: If so, what are the ''exact'' specifications to applying the release agent on my piece? 

A: It's a can. Spray a mist, several layers, wait for them to cure.

Q: And would I apply the rubber on when the release agent is wet? 

A: No, wait.

Q: If so would it be safe to apply the rubber on with a brush? 

A: Could leave streaks I guess. It's a can anyway

Q: Or would this just wipe away the release agent?

A: Baaah 

Q: And while your at it, would I need to apply the release agent on the rubber when I am about to make the mother mold? 

Q: And in the mold itself when I am about to make the cast?

Q: And would a release agent ruin the physical properties of the mold? 

A: It's a mist coat, so no.

Q:Basically would it leave any bumps, or ridges anywhere?

A: No.

Your release agent that you need is : http://www.smooth-on.com/Release-Agents-and/c9_1123_1226/index.html

This cost me a long distance call. Glad? You owe me 5$ now.

Don't thank me. Seriously. I'd take it badly.

HOLY CRAP! Your an insanely mean person, and your very hard to communicate with! You didnt answer any of my questions to my expectations,!"detailed"! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!VASELINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh , and if I want anyone, I mean anyone, to answer these questions (!PROPERLY!) IT BY FAR, WOUD'NT BE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Altair651 said:
HOLY CRAP! Your an insanely mean person, and your very hard to communicate with! You didnt answer any of my questions to my expectations,!"detailed"! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!VASELINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh , and if I want anyone, I mean anyone, to answer these questions (!PROPERLY!) IT BY FAR, WOUD'NT BE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, a can of vaseline is almost 5 bucks and a releasing spray is about 10 bucks. I would reccommend using a prroffesional spray instead of cheap vaseline.

Alex spartan177 said:
Dude, a can of vaseline is almost 5 bucks and a releasing spray is about 10 bucks. I would reccommend using a prroffesional spray instead of cheap vaseline.

It is not a spray can of vaseline (petroleam jelly) it is the actual stuff. You know.... the stuff that is used on a baby...... :)

Alex spartan177 said:
no I mean get the smooth on aerosol spray.

I cant..... im on a tight budget, but do you think that the petroleam jelly would work? :)

Altair651 said:

I asked the question by calling Smooth-on.

Q- Can I use vaseline as a reliece agent?

A-No.

Simple as that! Now cut Last Spartan some slack. He tried to help you out, but you were being VERY difficult about it, and continued to do nothing but get others to do your work. Its so simple.

Steps to calling Smooth-on:

-Step 1-stand up and go to your nearest telephone.

-Step 2-Pick up the phone

-Step 3-Hold the reciever to your ear, and the mouthpiece near your mouth.

-Step 4-Now- by using your index finger of choice, type in the following numbers

(610) 252-5800

-Step 6-Let the phone ring until you get an answer.

-Step 7-When you get an answer, simple say "Hello, I have a question regarding one of your Smooth-on products..."

-Step 8-Wait for the person to stop talking as you listen for an answer.

-Step 9-Ask any remaining questions you may have.

-Step 10-Say thank-you for your time, then Hang up.

See, simple!!!

To Last Spartan-Noobs these days, indeed...

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
I asked the question by calling Smooth-on.

Q- Can I use vaseline as a reliece agent?

A-No.

Simple as that! Now cut Last Spartan some slack. He tried to help you out, but you were being VERY difficult about it, and continued to do nothing but get others to do your work. Its so simple.

Steps to calling Smooth-on:

-Step 1-stand up and go to your nearest telephone.

-Step 2-Pick up the phone

-Step 3-Hold the reciever to your ear, and the mouthpiece near your mouth.

-Step 4-Now- by using your index finger of choice, type in the following numbers

(610) 252-5800

-Step 6-Let the phone ring until you get an answer.

-Step 7-When you get an answer, simple say "Hello, I have a question regarding one of your Smooth-on products..."

-Step 8-Wait for the person to stop talking as you listen for an answer.

-Step 9-Ask any remaining questions you may have.

-Step 10-Say thank-you for your time, then Hang up.

See, simple!!!

To Last Spartan-Noobs these days, indeed...

Like I said Xtreme

He will learn

the ways of the 405th forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back