RoxyRoo's Reach Build + Undersuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, I apologize for not replying to anyone. (Drack, feel free to help answer questions since you're also a foamist. lol) I have until tomorrow afternoon to finish everything for Friday. The Con starts tomorrow! I've been focusing on painting and now I'm dealing with the strapping. I'm saving the knee under suit for tomorrow morning since my sister has claimed the sewing machine for this evening.

I painted both my helmet and my knee guards today. Here is my workspace for painting...
2012-05-23133047.jpg

And my knee guards
2012-05-24000324.jpg

And here is my completed helmet. The shark/raptor face is inspired by the shark face airplane decals from World War 11 planes. I only painted one side of my helmet though. It's a nice surprise for people when they walk around me. hehehe I had this idea for a while, but when i mentioned it to Suzy (my sister), she's said, "DO IT!!" and she wouldn't stop bugging me until I finalized my decision. So here it is. :D
2012-05-23182401.jpg

EYE PIECE.

This was my sister's idea. I relented to just be half blind until she told me about ... peep holes. You know, the holes you look through in your front door to see who's standing there? Yeah. Those. Well, I bought one and it was PERFECT. It fit through the hole I had already bored into the front, and it sits just infront of my left eye so I can "peep" though and see everything! But, you don't have to take my word for it. I took a picture!

2012-05-23234859.jpg

2012-05-23234917.jpg

2012-05-23235318.jpg

There is also a black mesh I can look through to see where I'm walking at the bottom "mouth" area of my helmet. Although you can't really see through because it's a camera and not the human eye, this is what it looks like.
2012-05-23235405.jpg

2012-05-23235354.jpg

I bought some gloves and attached the hand guards.
2012-05-23235831.jpg

0 DAYS LEFT!!!
Phoenix ComiCon starts tomorrow (thursday) afternoon. I will wear my armor on Friday and Saturday for the Masquerade. Although I don't have a weapon, my friend Ken said he'd lend me his tough luck skull. Kelly will be my Cortana and she'll be on gaurd duty to protect me from glompers. (Glomp = tackle hug). I'll take lots of pictures and videos of my antics. But for now, my armor is near completion and I am eagerly anticipating this weekend of epic awesomesauce.

At first I was "WOO! Update!"

And then I was like, "HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!"

(My heart really DID jump out of my throat this time when I saw the pics... THIS IS INSANE!!! O_O

OMG! That has got to be the coolest thing ever. I never liked that helmet that much but if it had the shark teeth design on it in the game... Just YES! That looks so good! I'll be looking forward to the full suit photos from con!

Roxy...
FANFRIGGINTASTIC JOB GIRL!
I have not been on the forums for a week and I missed so much. Your helmet turned out supurb. I love the peep whole idea your sister had, its perfect. Your armor is amazing, I can't wait to see pictures of you at the con. I wish I could come and see it in person, but work is stpping me. Oh well, have a blast at the con! Again, fabulous job

Holy crap on a cracker!!! That is the best thing I have ever seen. The shark teeth really take it to another level. Once the pics are up of you wearing it all I am sure this will head straight to the elite section.

Side note. Concerning the question answering I didn't want to hijack your thread. I knew you would probably be cool about it but thought better to be safe than sorry.

Loving the paint. Nice details on the helmet. Here's to have having allot of fun at the con.:D

(SARCASM ALERT) I hate you soooooooo much right now. You made a helmet out of foam, A GOOD HELMET!!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But in all seriousness, GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love that helmet!!! Great work Roxy, looking forward to seeing pics of the suit up!

Your too awesome! That all looks epic, nice work. That helmet is just amazing such a great idea for a unique look. Well done :)

Elite Section worthy! All the praise!
Your work is so amazing, Roxy! I can't wait to see your suit all put together!
The peep hole idea is ingenious, the added decal is stunning, and I wish I could foam build as well as you do!
Just remember to take LOTS of pictures when you're at the con! I wanna see it all! And I'm sure everyone else does too!
Way to go, Roxy!

-Alexis

Wow th-that is amazing I love the way your Gungnir looks wicked and theShark Face is stunning. The peep hole idea is genius I might just have to sothat myself. Either way that is an absolutely amazing build and Helmet way togo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally love the decal on the helmet, you've done an amazing job with it and the peephole is inspired (also, is that a cortana suit on the floor in the picture through the peephole?)

Best of luck in the masquerade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back