Delayed MC build (will continue after gaining more experience :>)

York D029

This is my thread for my Gen 3 Mark VI Master Chief build :) (Im going to be using MoeSizzlac's 3D print files)

I have already printed and bought gloves, would have helmet printed if my printer base wasnt warped. New build base is coming in thursday.
1703654092046.png

Ill keep this updated with my progress :) looking forward to talking and sharing my progress to all of you

Last edited:
This is my thread for my Gen 3 Mark VI Master Chief build :)

I have already printed and bought gloves, would have helmet printed if my printer base wasnt warped. New build base is coming in thursday.
View attachment 339779

Ill keep this updated with my progress :) looking forward to talking and sharing my progress to all of you
I like the smoothness of those prints new hand plates, what kind or color green you going to use im a master chief fan myself

I like the smoothness of those prints new hand plates, what kind or color green you going to use im a master chief fan myself
Most likely a dark green, im considering making a cel shaded paint job bc theres already a lot of chief builds out there but im not 100% on that, so as of now most likely just a matte olive green.

Love how well your hand plates turned out! I can't wait to see more of your build!

We've all been there with printer issues. It's taken a while myself to get all the settings figured out for mine. I've gotten new nozzles, a new glass build plate, used binder clips to hold the textured plate on, had to change the plate temps around, nozzle temps, new tube thing for the filament to go through, and many many many bed adjustments. Stick with it, its all worth it!

Cant figure out whats wrong... installed a new extruder and when im printing the gear keeps popping and the print comes out with awful quality. Helmet will be printed when I can figure out whats going on lol

I had that problem once. The nozzle kept getting clogged and I couldn’t figure out why. Turns out, the Bowden tube wasn’t getting pushed snugly into its little hole, and would let filament get pushed into the gap and block itself. I used this little trick: after you unclog the nozzle, loosen the nozzle by a quarter turn and then push the Bowden tube all the way in. Then, retighten the nozzle. This makes sure that the Bowden tube is pushed all the way up against the nozzle, and will hopefully help stop the nozzle from clogging.

Of course, the extruded gear can pop for a lot of reasons, that issue above just happened to be my problem.

as N8TEBB said, check to see if the bowden tube is out of limits. I had problems with the tube and filament not being able to push out. I ended up ordering a whole new tube to replace my old one.

I had that problem once. The nozzle kept getting clogged and I couldn’t figure out why. Turns out, the Bowden tube wasn’t getting pushed snugly into its little hole, and would let filament get pushed into the gap and block itself. I used this little trick: after you unclog the nozzle, loosen the nozzle by a quarter turn and then push the Bowden tube all the way in. Then, retighten the nozzle. This makes sure that the Bowden tube is pushed all the way up against the nozzle, and will hopefully help stop the nozzle from clogging.

Of course, the extruded gear can pop for a lot of reasons, that issue above just happened to be my problem.
thanks, i just found out there was a nasty clog in my printer and i fixed that ez pz : ) it feels like i cant push my bowden tube in any deeper so i think its good, thank you !

1705540456825.png

with all the printer issues im sorting out, im shifting a secondary focus to the AR as i work out and test different printer issues. i will be repainting this *CONTENT REMOVED* troubleshooting the printer should be over soon and with luck ill start printing the helmet tomorrow : D

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back