SDCC '10: Halo Reach panel, photoshoot, 405th meetup, and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagger06

405th California Group Facebook Page

Okay, San Diego Comic Con is fast approaching! Instead of studying or working, I've set up a variety of events. Come by and say hi!

==========

Click the images below to go to their event page.

Thursday, July 22

41788_100963139958375_5382_n.jpg
RoodKill Meetup
Time: 10:00am

From Roodkill's group: "around 9 of us that will be going and we'll be gathering on Thursday upstairs above Hall H at 10 am".

You can check out their thread here:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/22172-San-Diego-Comic-Con-2010-Gathering-405Th

27538_111389642243704_1677_n.jpg
Bungie's Halo: Reach Panel
Time: 6pm

"Bungie hosts this discussion around the biggest game of 2010, including an in-person look at the campaign mode and a debut of some exciting Halo: Reach news."

Friday, July 23
41801_141344802544601_1356_n.jpg
California Halo Costuming Group photoshoot
Time: 1pm

I'll be bringing my nice camera and any extra props I can snag and taking pictures of everyone's costumes and hopefully some group pics as well, so come on by!

Saturday, July 24
41579_142099355806084_7816_n.jpg
Saturday showdown with the Hunters' Lair
Time: 10am

Well, I won't be there on Saturday, so I can't facilitate a meeting and I don't think anything is scheduled, so for those of you looking to meet up, some 405th folks who moonlight as predators from the Hunters' Lair have said they'd love to meet you guys.

And when Spartans and Yaut'ja meet, like Highlander, there can be only one.

Take some pics for me! Also, please note that I will not be attending, so if someone wants to take the initiative on this, please let me know and I'll see if I can make you an admin for the event.

Sunday, July 25
41799_124895740887516_3_n.jpg
Post-Con Afterparty
Time: Pending

Roodkill said they had something organized, so if details emerge we'll go there. Otherwise, I'll organize something next week and release details. But basically if you want to meet up afterwards, join to keep updated!

===========

And lastly, for those of you who don't have comic con passes but would still like to meet up, I'll be at home all day Saturday working on armor. Come visit!

Saturday, July 24
23314_118000111579623_1240_n.jpg
Saturday soiree
Time: From whenever i go home Friday evening to when i head out for Sunday's comic con, my house is your house, and if you need a place to crash you're more than welcome.
Address: 9645 Genesee Ave Apt A1, San Diego, CA 92121

Parking in the area is limited to the street. Your best bet is to head a little bit north past my house to Campus Point Dr and park up there or in the school's Regents Rd West Lot, which you should be able to see on google maps near the address.

While I'm not nearly as experienced as say, Ithica, I think just having the opportunity to see molds or swap stories helps spark the creativity. At the very least, we'll go grab some lunch or something.

Anyways, that's it for now! I'll try and up this periodically, but if you want to keep up to date, the best way is to just get in touch on the facebook fan page. Now, back to homework and armor!

Hey dude, I'll be there all 4 days, can't costume thursday (though I will be at the Reach Panel). the g/f and i have a concert to go to right afterwards, plus the first day i like to run around and get all the free junk. But I'll definately see you guys at the panel. I'll costume friday, theres no panels I'm planning on seeing that day I think. The Terrace next to ballroom 20, is that the one that faces the water??

Should be that one. I'm new to comic con so I'm going off maps and such to try and guess a good spot to meet. If you know of a better location, please let me know. =P I thought about the xbox booth..but figured it'd be too crowded on the show floor and I wanted a good spot for pictures.

Yeah, theres no way we'd make it to the show floor, its shoulder to shoulder in some parts. The Terrance its a good spot, big wide hallway that opens up onto a huge patio, I can't think of a better stop. Plus the restrooms and food are usually near there :)

I just wanted to post that you guys are on Waypoint with a little interview, Trooper is that you on the left? I was kinda confused since your ODST is on the right, lol. Represent! Nice bit guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back