Seeking a little help.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
good choice. btw about the thighs, I understand you wouldn't want to site on paper craft thighs but when this is done your stuff is gonna be very durable. plus, you don't sit on your thighs :p

looking pretty good keep it up :D
if you want (i am not saying hugh holder's files are bad, just another option) you could also use kirrou's files, his gaunlets are really good and HD

hey all, sorry for running dark for so long. The reason for my lack of updates is that I've been arranging and packing my things to move from one house to another house. Renting rooms is fun and all but at my new domicile I'll have a little room to stretch out. Plus i get a garage to work in. I'll be ordering the foam and the heat knife as well as buying a can or resin, bondo, and some cheap brushes as soon as I'm situated and all that jazz. I hope that I can still count on you guys for your awesome support in continuing to fight the good fight.

Update. So It's been a while but now with all the snow gone and the temperature not dropping below minus 10 celcius for the evening I can start my resin work! Just need to get out to my local autobody store and pick some up. That and some more card stock. Need to do my chest piece after all : P BUT YES the work on the trooper suit begins anew with the start of summer X_X

NEWS! I have all the supplies needed to begin the hardening process for my ODST suit parts and am slated to resume this monday. It's been a while yet again but I'm working and out of college so the full time daily grind is sort of beating me into a fine paste of some form or another. UPDATES TO FOLLOW!

UPDATE! I HAVE BEGUN RESIN WORK! As of saturday I began to resin some stuff. It's kind of a slow going process because of work and personal life but The work progresses none the less. I appreciate all the help so far and to clarify a few things I used the files done by Hugh simply because they were scaled right, looked good and are modeled after the ODST figure by Mcfarlane. Love it. Though the other files look nicer they're work I can do to add to my suit once what I have is done : P secondly as a tack on here I have some stuff to show off but I need to download things from my iPhone when I remember to do so. >_< so much to do by August

Alrighty then, not sure if anyone is out there listening or not but later tonight I'll have some videos up of my preliminary resin work. Nothing has the rondo on it but I'm steadily working away at it : 3 I'm here to pose my next conundrum. Securing my parts to my modular vest. If anyone has any suggestions lemme know while I browse around. I've heard of velcro being used, and had someone suggest to me alice clips but as alice gear is no longer made/ probably incompatible with my gear any advice would be great : D. OH and one more thing, for under neath it all, what do most people wear for the black suit? o.o

Here it is as promised. Yup. Hope to hear some answers here or find what I seek beyond the confines of my thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
May wanna turn down the volume, I'm shouting a lot because I'm really happy.

I turned down the volume and, at first, I thought you were saying "york, york, york," like an Elite... Congratulations.

Thanks, the reason I'm so happy is that in a previous video it's the helmet that was actually crushed. When I repaired it, it fixed up the best of the two so I went with it instead of the other. But the other will have a purpose.... oh my yes.

Time for that thing I do again where I post stuff : D

IN OTHER NEWS! MA-5 has a charging handle, and my sanding bit for my dremel just exploded! time to spend some more money : /

For the pit marks, it happens to everybody. To get rid of them put on some "Spot putty" or "Glazing Putty" both are by the same Bondo brand.
It's basically an super fast, air drying version of bondo. So that means no hardner needed. Apply it thin. And you should be good!

Many thanks : D I was also wondering if the simple coat of rondo inside would be enough or if i should do something more to make sure that the suit is structurally sound enough to wear? I know I have a lot to ask but this is my first time around this block so I'm trying to seek as much help from seasoned professionals as I can.

Rondo is probably fine for a helmet. A bit brittle in my humble opinion for chest pieces and larger, more open curvature pieces. My ODST bucket is rondo'd inside and that thing is a rock (kind of heavy too). Fiberglass matt is a bit more resilient. urethane resin, while expensive, tends to be even stronger.

Wooow awwwsome, i might if bothered do odst after my Mark 6 build :p, very clean pep, good luck resin/bondo/sanding :D:D All videos Favorited :D And yup spotty putty is bondo minus the loong wait to dry, I would say keep trying till smoother than a babys bottom, persoanly i would use a detail sander and spot putty and quickly get rid of any imperfections like the holes, haha my first bondo was my ichigo helmet, i totally know what you mean about these random holes, i sanded and sanded got depressed and then bought spot putty and a detail sander half an hour later success, i got a clean helmet, hope i helped, like to help a follow beginer builder.............ooh ooh and yes rondo is fine, my ichigo helmet i only resined in side and bondo outside, its strong but down side is that if you drop it and the bondo is thin, it will crack, but that will get fixed with with rondo and bondo, haha i know because my friends thought it was funny to throw pennys at me and my helmet eventually chipped and cracked a littllee.....cookie? :p

I think I'm going to do some serious urethane resin work once all the bondo is done and I have to do the spotty putty and final touches on the construction. Thanks for all the help so far everyone : D

SO! It's that Time again, caution on that volume dial and note I have hit another problem. My shin seems to be too small. I'm not sure how it's supposed to fit but what I have is definitely the wrong size. It fits really snugly and when I tried to wear it in conjuncture with my shoe the lip at the bottom cracked as shown in my video. If you guys could hit me up with some sort of response asap that would be greatly appreciated. Also enjoy the progress report. Hope I'm not wearing thin on people patience yet ^-^;;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back