Seeking a little help.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strutted my Armored stuff for the first con ever yesterday and it felt amazing. Got to rap with a lot of cosplayers and talk armor with the rest of the attendees. It felt as I said, amazing! Thanks again to all the members of the 405th who contributed and answered all my dumb quandries! But I'm not done yet. Pics cause if not then it didn't happen right?
1380386984058_zpsc5f22bd9.jpg

1380389358276_zps6d5cacee.jpg

IMAG0623_zpse89fe08f.jpg

IMAG0628_zpsc41a2e5e.jpg

BUT NOW! I Must ask another question. After strutting around for 2.5 hours I started to really feel the heat. The 2 large ice packs I had inside my admin pouch on my tac. vest were on the break down and would have taken me a while to swap, also my fans in my lid were screaming for mercy but I wouldn't let em rest. Is there any better way to keep cool under all of it? or am I just gonna have to tough it out? Please get back to me if it's not too much trouble.

Strutted my Armored stuff for the first con ever yesterday and it felt amazing. Got to rap with a lot of cosplayers and talk armor with the rest of the attendees. It felt as I said, amazing! Thanks again to all the members of the 405th who contributed and answered all my dumb quandries! But I'm not done yet. Pics cause if not then it didn't happen right?

BUT NOW! I Must ask another question. After strutting around for 2.5 hours I started to really feel the heat. The 2 large ice packs I had inside my admin pouch on my tac. vest were on the break down and would have taken me a while to swap, also my fans in my lid were screaming for mercy but I wouldn't let em rest. Is there any better way to keep cool under all of it? or am I just gonna have to tough it out? Please get back to me if it's not too much trouble.

That looks sick! Glad you had fun at your first con in costume. I personally can't wait til I get to do the same.

I can't give you many tips for heat as I don't own a finished suit yet, so I haven't had any experience.

You can get watercooled t-shirts with tubes sewn through them, that plug into a fanny-pack type thing. Anyway in the pack is a cooler that pumps water through the tubes, looks very lightweight, and it's literally a water-cooling system. That could work, as for inside the helmet the only cooling system I know of is fans, which you already have.

I remember reading on a thread of a guying using one of those water bags people use for running and hiking. He said it kept him cool and hydrated at the same time, Maybe you could try that.

thanks for the replies guys. A camel pack may not be the best since my pack is kind of, well...it basically floats there not really able to support weight or conceal anything though I did not think of that and being able to suck down some fluids at any given time would def be a plus. May have to look into modding my gear. As for the water cooled shirt. That's got me thinking.

Oh and as an off note, it says I can't post new threads... To my knowledge I have not broken any rules...so uh. yeah that's a thing. If an admin sees this, help?

If you're trying to post a new thread in the noob forum, I'd hazard a guess that it's because you're now an infantryman. ^^

oh holy crap I forgot about that o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back