Sigma's Fallout T51-B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ye it suits the helmet.
Just gotta do a roster on the upper ones.
Nice man very nice, finish it!!

rundown said:
Ye it suits the helmet.
Just gotta do a roster on the upper ones.
Nice man very nice, finish it!!

link4044 said:
looking sweet Sigma

Thanks a lot. Defininitly keeping the vents.

The Stig said:
Holy Hell that is nice.
Any plans on a paintjob yet?

Classic BOS steel but weathered to hell and maybe a few custom markings.

1ManBattalion said:
That look bloody great mate! Love thoses vents! Plus I got mentioned in the video!, Your too kind! :not worthy:

Of course you go mentioned man, you did a ton of work making that model awesome! ;)

UPDATE** Well I couldn't sleep this morning and I figured I'd do another greeblie test. I still haven't gutted the "lamp" so it looks a bit bigger than it will with the lens in it. Smoothing is coming along nicely, just got to finish the bar on the lower back and it'll be ready for detailing. Added most of the final details on the front as well. The hoses are proving to be royal pain but I think I got a good solution. :D Hope you guys like it!

IMG_1227.jpg

IMG_1225.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. It should be finished probably the first week of Feb. It's going to take a week before the place with the main hoses will take my order. :rolleyes

In the meantime I think I'll try to get everything else finished on it and tweak the paint scheme until it's just right. Also found a neat little light sensor I'm going to attach for the head lamp so it automatically comes on in low light..

pooper- I'm using a homemade type of filler with plaster instead of styrene and a hard rubber instead of a resin. It has a wet consistency about like pudding and sands a hell of a lot easier than bondo. Plus it flexes a little after it's dried so no cracking. :D

pooper- I'm using a homemade type of filler with plaster instead of styrene and a hard rubber instead of a resin. It has a wet consistency about like pudding and sands a hell of a lot easier than bondo. Plus it flexes a little after it's dried so no cracking.

Homemade? is it that Mud stuff?

looks awesome sigma, can't wait too see it done.

iizahsum said:
Homemade? is it that Mud stuff?

looks awesome sigma, can't wait too see it done.

No, it's closer to the method I described in my Extra Tricks stickie. But it's a little more refined this time around. :D

UPDATE: Got another opinion Q for you guys. I randomly found a part very close to 100% accurate for the middle vents. Still not sure if I want to change it out or keep the old ones. Either way I'm keeping the screening material from the new ones for the vent openings. So let me know, choice A or B. :)

So I got the smaller tubes test fitted and the custom back-mounts completed and took a couple shots of the back for once. It still needs more work.

IMG_1230.jpg

IMG_1232.jpg

IMG_1233.jpg

Also did a half-assed quick paint job of the front to see if it was the right colors I wanted. I'm pretty happy with it. But let me know what you think.

IMG_1234.jpg

IMG_1240.jpg

IMG_1236.jpg

IMG_1241.jpg

HOLY!!!!! SIG!!! YA TOTALLY READ MY MIND!!! I've been wanting to do either the T51-b or the BoS power armor for awhile. this is looking epic!

Got another opinion Q for you guys. I randomly found a part very close to 100% accurate for the middle vents. Still not sure if I want to change it out or keep the old ones. Either way I'm keeping the screening material from the new ones for the vent openings. So let me know, choice A or B.

I voted for the Roller Bearings due to i fine them more appealing to my eye because i find the other caps to small for such a large heavy helm. But if the debate is over screen accuracy i would to go with the Roster Strainers but i think there still missing the out edge that sticks above the vent holes for the fallout 2 look but that lip can be easly fix by like a pvc pipe cute to just abvove the strainers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back