Sigma's Fallout T51-B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually having this armor in the game makes me want to see this come to fruition all the more.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks so much for all the comments everyone, and thanks for voting in my poll. Tied right now between the 2 types. :D

I have a ton of school deadlines coming up right now so work on this has come to a standstill for the next week or so. I'm still going to order the final few parts for it though. Next time I update it should be finished except for the targeting reticle and visor.

Jason- If you ever want to get some in-person refs for making your own, I can give you all the part info next time the Texas folks get together

Dave- Thanks man, hope your friend likes it!

Great work Sigma :) You banged this thing out :) Are ya gonna do the full suit? hahahahah maybe make it Medical Armor so it yells at people :D

just been looking over the thread again and noticed that one of your vents in your first post is a lynx deoderant lid (nifty use)

keep it up looking good am thinking of starting this once i finish half my other projects

Skullcandy Girl said:
Great work Sigma :) You banged this thing out :) Are ya gonna do the full suit? hahahahah maybe make it Medical Armor so it yells at people :D

I would love to but I'm already running out of room to put my Halo stuff. I just don't know where I would keep it. Having the medic armor would be hilarious though. :lol:

*UPDATE*: Not as far along as I would like it to be but it's getting there. Lots of school stuff to work on so it will be slow going for a bit. Hoses should be in next week and I think I found a good base for the targeting reticle. Looks like the rosters won out for vents. Like 051 said, needs a tad more modification for screen accuracy and I need the mounts for the cheek tubes but at least it's really starting to look like a T-51b. :D

IMG_1249.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

IMG_1245.jpg

IMG_1246.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
When I'm taking over the world, Sigma, I will raid Yer House First!!
(Joking as usual)
I better start hurrying, or you'l build the whole armor before I even start!
Looking awesome!

JustMe

Thanks guys and looking forward to your T-51b build justme.

Also wanted to let folks know I've got a second summary vid up with a couple extra WIP pics not in the thread. Thanks again for all the comments and encouragement everyone!

like it very mutch o_O
But how did you put together that rotateble thingy on the side of the helmet?

p0rtalman said:
Awesome work sigma!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(just me(no one else) @ Feb 18 2009, 06:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>AWESOME

JustMe</div>

Thanks guys. Glad you like the changes. :D

rundown said:
like it very mutch o_O
But how did you put together that rotateble thingy on the side of the helmet?

I made it out of some random scratch parts. The arm is a zinc-plated steel latch that has a slot on the end I used to make the arm length adjustable. It stays in place because a big steel screw runs through the entire round hub and holds it together tightly. The actual optics addition is just a bunch of circuit connectors, two modified special furniture sliders, and a convex auto mirror. The wiring is just some extra speaker wire I had laying around.

I'll get more pictures up when I get home.

EDIT: BTW you guys should be able to make out the new class-2 LED I got mounted in the lamp. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back