Silent Hill. Pyramid Head

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha! Seems I'm not the only one with a renewed interest in Silent Hill lately; I just watched Revelations, and started playing Downpour.

Excellent work with the cardboard, btw!
As for the mesh: I think it depends on how long you're going to wear the costume for, and how worried you are about durability. Being that it's made from cardboard, I'd probably go with the rubber mesh to keep everything lightweight, plus it'll probably be easier to affix to the cardboard. If you were going to mold the pyramid, then maybe use metal mesh, as the molded plastic would be more durable so you'd probably want a more durable mesh. My $.02.

I'll definitely keep an eye on this thread.

1st Layer of the side panels

Added the side panles. I deside on fabric. I will add the 'Bobble pins' soon, then I will glue the panels into the helmet once I have covered in resin.

DEDAC03F-30E9-426A-B493-B0E50044D23C-5742-00000D51AE584C96.jpg

D0DB56E7-F6E1-460E-AA95-4EB78250F7C7-5742-00000D5335D28E67.jpg

My plan is to cover in resin this week, then cover in a undercoat. I need to get an airbrush to then spray up. Once the helmet is done I will glue the panles in. I will add a cycle helmet within this helmet. The last two helmets I made I used a workmans helmet but found that over time the workmans helmet was uncomfortable.

Well that was fun!!

The cog .... So after studying the 2nd film and analysing the rear cog, I came to the conclusion that it was a yamaha 5th gear cog with 3 small bolts that look very similar to the 'Halo of the sun' seal.

so this is what I made! I found a small cog PEP and upped the scale then added it to my 'not so good' rear Pyramid Head bolt.

391192FF-BB00-4BD1-AE87-CDDBC070C9DD-165-00000006D5B0B49A_zps4d3f60b0.jpg

I will be covering the helmet in resin tomorrow (a bit behind schedule) and strenthen the rear bolt with modeling clay.

Nice job man. I personally have always been a fan of silent hill and seeing someone make a wearable pyramid head cage is pretty cool. Can't wait for your next update!

Resin!!

So the 1st layer of resin has been added! It feels good. I may add another layer tomorrow depending on the quality of the 1st.

9FC4036E-D59E-496A-8714-65F7BBF828E1-513-000000FB7CBBEEF1_zpsc64c9dcb.jpg

Once the resin layers are complet I will spray in a undercoat. As a small project on the side of my Dead space full suit, I must say I'm very happy with it so far... Do you all like? I hope so :)

So it looks as if the site has been fixed and I can continue with the blogging of my Silent Hill PH!!
E6A040EA-329E-420C-9E80-2F444774E4ED-5994-00000DAD04EBCC13_zps1aa3dec9.jpg

After covering in resin I gave it an undercoat. I went with red as if I miss any parts the red will show! then I sanded the nose peak so that the sides stand out.

w_i_p_pyramid_head_with_panels_by_dax79_zps3f3b6422.jpg

I added a fabric into the side panels and then added the 'Pins'. They are foam pins that are hot glued onto the fabric. Some people have suggested using ear plugs... good idea!

Adding the Tension bars!

I got some pipes from the £1 shop and cut them to size for the upper and lower tension bars.

null_zps043b50ca.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How to make a Pyramid Head Cosplay Helmet Pt 2/2

So my second part of the previous video is up, feel free to have a watch :)

Anyway all is looking good! I added the tension bars then began to add the rust effect to the helmet

null_zpsf9195bc3.jpg

I will make a neck brace to sit just under the helmet.... anyone else making a PH helmet??????

Rust & Dirt

null_zps0c58a90a.jpg

So here is a look at the almost finished Helmet! For now I will get on with all the other component's.

1: Helmet
2: Neck Brace
3: Great Knife
4: smock
5: Boots/Stilts (7")

null_zpsa76af120.jpg

null_zps42fd8540.jpg

HOPE you all like!!

Would you mind posting a picture of the stilts rig? Or was it just super big soles?

I will do as soon as I get to that bit. I will probably go down the gothic boot rout. I looked into making stilts but feel walking around at an event that boots would be much more comfortable.

The Neck Brace

I have began the neck brace. This is a part that most Cosplayers leave out. The neck brace can only be seen if you really look.
I decided to make it from foam. Here are some pictures for you!!

null_zps334c759c.jpg

null_zps9189f347.jpg

Then some paint!!

null_zpsd48ffdc1.jpg

null_zps0a5682c6.jpg

Any feedback? Any ideas?

Neck Brace complete

Just a quick link to a Youtube video that I put together regarding the pyramid Head neck brace or as some call it, shoulder peace.

It took three days to make and hope it will really help in the overall look!!
NEXT THE GREAT KNIFE!!!!!!!

Feedback always wanted!

Hey Leigh,
It's been a while & I've started getting back on the threads & thought I'd look you up, & I just have to say I'm happy to see you working on another silent hill build! Your P3 is looking fantastic my friend! I can't wait to see the full costume in effect! This is already shaping up to be an amazing build & I really can't wait to see the full project unfold! Also, I recently saw silent hill: revelation myself & it brought a happy tear to my eye to see our old friend get more screen-time! Anyway, I'll keep in touch, happy hunting! -Ross

It was good to see more PH, the film had its issues (Rushed story etc.) but it could have been much worse, I've bitched on youtube so I'll leave that at that... But, the 3D film really helped with the build of this helmet!

I too have just come back to 405th as the old\last vision of the site had too many bugs.

Anyway, glad your enjoying my build and I too am looking forward to the finished product! Also if anyone reading this is interested in joining my pepakura deviantart group and adding a cosplay or two, feel free to join. http://pepakura-heaven.deviantart.com/

My only real issue with the films was that they didn't base it on the plot of silent hill 2, but rather three, my theory on this-however, is that the reasoning behind that boils down to that story being the spine of the third movie which Shaun bean looking for Rhoda Mitchell's character in the next film. Still a bummer because it's not James, but it would still give that story, & hopefully give us more pyramid head.

The Great Knife.

So its time to build the great knife. I will make two knifes, one will be wood (For parades etc.) The second will be foam (For performance)

I will build the foam one 1st. I'm creating the great knife from Silent Hill Revelation. The knife in the 1st movie has a bent handle and I think it will be hard to create a 6 foot blade with a stable bent handle. The game vision is simple but not interesting plus I have a movie helmet.

null_zps31994939.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I have cut the basic shape today and will fine tune the shape tomorrow. As you can see I have only made the blade and the base of the handle. I will make the handle from wood and thread the handle down the shaft of the blade. The idea is that the wood will strengthen the Great Knife so I can swing it about! All is looking GOOD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back