Sk8AlmostBay's Reach EOD Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah. the quality and effort shown here is almost worth of a mould that you can sell.
i really cant wait to see it finished, hell ou may even be able to take it to a local car spray shop and ask to have it chrome plated! though if you do, you may make people a bit wary.

as for the shieth, have you though about doing anyhting on the back, loop holes for straps etc, as though its going to be against armour so you wont see the back, it looks a bit odd, just being flat.

Actually i have thought about that haha. i will end up putting something like that on there, but after i get a smooth finish on the back. i might put loop holes, but i might just put a strip of velcro on the back so it will stick to the armor. but it will get molded, so if you have any better ideas let me know! but thank you for the kind words everybody:D

ok guys small update on the chest
I peped and rondoed the ab plate. hoping to get it done by next weekend. i have almost pepped the rest of the chest- pretty much just the lower back. hoping to finish it by the weekend too. on a side note, school ends in two weeks, so i'll have much more time and more frequent updates.
DSCN0938.jpg

DSCN0939.jpg

DSCN0940.jpg

keep building guys

good chice on the HD chest. it will save you so much time when it comes to sanding and ribreglass / rondo. i used the low def files and it turned out awful. i quite like the idea of using a coat hanger, but make sure it dosent bend or tear the card inside the neck area. i would hate for that to happen

Your stuff is looking really good. Fantastic job on the pepping. Nice clean work. Wish i could pep as good. Good luck my man!

ok small update of the day.

did a bit of bondo work on the ab plate. angles aren't very defined cause i still need to go get some needle files. this was exteremely rushed, but i'll do more tomorrow.
DSCN0941.jpg

good job, once you get the chest part done, it seems like the rest of the build is easier, and from the looks of it your chest piece is gonna turn out nice, keep us posted

Ok so i pepped my right shin. I think it is sized right, because I measured before printing, but I want to know if you guys think it looks ok.
DSCN0942.jpg

DSCN0943.jpg

DSCN0944.jpg

tell me what you guys think. i don't want to waste resin and bondo on a piece that isn't sized correctly, but i thinkit is:D the shin will sit up a bit higher than it is currently.

Looks good in both size and shape. *pause for awkwardness* All jokes aside I think it's scaled perfectly, and your pep work looks very clean, keep up the great work.

The size looks right to me, once you pair it up with the boot it will all look proportional, keep up the great job

Good work! Thigh size looks fine to me.

How many pieces do you have left? Seems like you are almost done pepping.

Thanks guys. i know i haven't posted in a while, but i have been abnormally social over the summer so far. i had nothing to do yesterday, so i fiberglassed and rondoed the shin. i only rondoed the knee portion of the shin but i will do the rest later. i didn't take any pictures because i don't think anybody cared about rondo pictures, but i will immediately start bondoing the shin as soon as i rondo. If you guys have any advice or comments, i would be more than happy to see them:D I may have pics up in a day or so.

Sorry 4 Double post guys..........:D

OK i'm happy to bring you guys the first update in a long time! It feels good to work a little on my project. anyways, here is my progress:

I only worked on the helmet today, since i've kinda been neglecting it. I cleaned up on the upper part of the back, and put the first layer of bondo on the bottom. Then i got a little tired of working on the back, so i bondoed the left vent thing on the front. I'm done for the day due to other plans, but i can work more on sunday.
DSCN0950.jpg

DSCN0951.jpg

DSCN0953.jpg

DSCN0952.jpg

-Hoo-Ra!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back