Sk8AlmostBay's Reach EOD Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright i have a small update for all of you viewers that love those pepakura pics. btw, i'm sorry about the double post, and i realize now that it hasn't been my first. anyways here is that pic of the beautiful MkVI chest. i've been really busy/lazy the past week and haven't done much, but i have done some this weekend. the back middle part is killing me. i'm getting it done, but i am getting very impatient with all of the small detail pieces. i will have it done in the next couple days or so. Someone motivate me!

DSCN0884.jpg

Im diggin that helmet broseidon. maybe when we're all done with our custom reach WIP's we can start our own noble team. AND PWN EVERYTHING!!!!

Im diggin that helmet broseidon. maybe when we're all done with our custom reach WIP's we can start our own noble team. AND PWN EVERYTHING!!!!

thanks a lot bro, and i agree, we should definitely start a custom noble team. it's been a while since i PWND EVERYTHING!

Wow! your E.O.D. build is going great! I have a friend making the same armor and I told him to refer to this thread.
More power to your work!

-Martin

I have been watching this too... I am suprised at how well your pepping skills are!
Your doing a FANTASTIC job on the Mk VI back torso HD pieces. Look likes FlyingSquirl's
I have to give you credit for getting them more perfect looking than the back of mine.

Yes, the back of that torso is quite a B**** but it really is better to slow down and just take your sweet time with it. It really will come out better. If I recall, I spent a whole week just pepping the torso. If that is FlyingSquirls, the pep file will also come with support struts. These struts will help deal with the warping during the hardning process.

Good luck with your build.

Cheers!

Looking EPIC man. After I'm done with my Jorge-ish build I'm planning on getting an EOD helmet done. Your work is inspiring...;-)

Wow thank you all for the awesome support! i'm making this build for you guys:D but i have a couple of questions that i need answered:D

Question numero uno: Would it be a good idea for me to have some sort of contest or something for me to give away one of my helmet molds when i am finished with the helmet and got it molded?

Question numero dos: is there any way to get my build moved over to the dreation discussion forum?

thank you guys for the awesome posts! any advice on anything would be greatly appriciated! should have an update soon:D

Wow thank you all for the awesome support! i'm making this build for you guys:D but i have a couple of questions that i need answered:D

Question numero uno: Would it be a good idea for me to have some sort of contest or something for me to give away one of my helmet molds when i am finished with the helmet and got it molded?

Question numero dos: is there any way to get my build moved over to the dreation discussion forum?

thank you guys for the awesome posts! any advice on anything would be greatly appriciated! should have an update soon:D
Maybe you can donate it as a prize for a member of the month.

Maybe you can donate it as a prize for a member of the month.

thanks, that's a good idea!

EDIT:
Ok everyone, so i got a little tired of messing with armor, so i started a knife. here are the pics. and i'm almost done with the shest piece too:D knife turned out pretty flawless, but a bit of rondo leaked out of the handle. no problem though.
DSCN0885-1.jpg

DSCN0886-1.jpg

DSCN0887.jpg

looks fantastic man!!! =D the knife looks great and that's what i did for rondo on the inside also but i left a hole on the bottom to fill it, well keep up the great work and can't wait to see some more awesome progress =D

thank you guys for all of the encouraging posts! today i put my first layer of bondo in the blade of the knife, sanded, and then put on the second layer, but didn't sand. it got too dark, and i didn't get pictures at the time. But i will have pics up tomorrow i think. i WILL rondo my chest piece in the nest couple of days, and i WILL do some more work on the helmet also!
OK, now i have some questions:
1) does anyone know a good brand of metallic white spray paint? (i want something similar to the metallic cobalt blue BLACKULA used) (blackula, your my hero:D)

well that's my only question. Happy StarWars Day everybody, and may the fourth be with you!

Really? no answers to my question? oh well.

It's update time for the knife! i have two layers of bondo on it and some spot putty. still needs some spot putty, but that blade is as smooth as glass:D more pics in about an hour or more.
DSCN0908.jpg

DSCN0910.jpg

DSCN0901.jpg

DSCN0902.jpg

DSCN0903.jpg

Looks really good dude. Also, their are some slight imperfections on the blade that look like a worn blade. I think its a good thing. With the right paint job, it will give it that worn metal look. Thumbs up!

i think i may do that blackula, as long as you think it would look better.

ok last update of the day. its been a while, but i did some more helmet work. i haven't sanded yet because it got late, but i will do much more tomorrow. I'm feeling kinda productive today:D
DSCN0911.jpg

Awesome job, man! Everything looks so EPIC! Keep it up, keep it up :) I love the progress you're making! The knife is looking SUPERB!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back