Skupilkinsons / Spc Hayabusa Lid

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea same only i built it for anyone else trying it it was really easy if start with the mouth and move your way back then up and the spikes on the top are a pain just take your time and its easier than it looks

Figured this thread needed a good picture to support it! Just finished a scaled down version. (Doh! Didn't see this thread until I scaled down from MC size)

100_4686.jpg

And if Anyone knows properly for the scale to have some room for padding and whatnot that would be great! (Would +10% be too much?)

About the thread, i'll be posting that this year because my friends, Jack, George and i are making some armour for a dress up day

Jack: CQB

George: Recon

Matt(me): Rougue (with hayubusa sholders)

Sorry Skip :(

I'd just like to say great Busa! This is a great HiDef version and will make one as soon as i get my long overdue MkVI done. Haha.

Rhith said:
Figured this thread needed a good picture to support it! Just finished a scaled down version. (Doh! Didn't see this thread until I scaled down from MC size)

100_4686.jpg

And if Anyone knows properly for the scale to have some room for padding and whatnot that would be great! (Would +10% be too much?)

Nice build!!! Well done. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see this model getting out there now, cheers Skip!

As far as the blueprints go, is that something people want to see? I didn't really think there would be a need for them after Skip finished modeling so I never finished them completely. They need some cleanup and inks, and I had always wanted to try to draw the spike crest details but never got around to it. I could release what I have if Skip doesn't mind, it might be a little while though as I've got a ton of projects ahead of it.

Hey buddy!

I don't mind at all! :) It's your work bro so it's your call. ;) I'd been asked for them a few times but didn't send them out as the work was yours.

A ton of other projects eh? I know what you mean buddy. ;)

:)

One of those many projects is still our other one! That portrait I had mentioned to you took me much longer than I thought but it came out pretty neat, I'll email you some pics. I've been getting my art groove back so yours is back on the top of the pile! But I've seen you have been plenty busy lately too.

As for the blueprints I'll clean up my pencil roughs and post those sometime this week in a new thread, and I'll ink/ finish them when I get a chance. I have seen people looking for the crest details lately, maybe I can figure those out too.

box o crayons said:
yea looks great but im puzzled where the folds on the mouth and spikes come from because the model doesnt have them
Which folds are you talking about? It could be based on the fold percentage for them to show. I think the default was set for bends <15% do not show.

And thank you Skupilkinsons for releasing this for free. Once I get my paycheck I may be able to donate a few dollars to the cause. :)

Check the link in my sig (click the picture) to see the progress on the default size I'm working on now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back