Small Parts Warping...

Status
Not open for further replies.

timonemycat

Jr Member
Hey there 405th,

Throughout my armor making process, I've had a difficult time keeping small parts from warping, like the chest ab section for instance. I just finished pepping one of the HD handplates, and was wondering if anyone has any specific advice for preventing warping in a piece such as this. Thanks a bunch!

Handplate003.jpg

Before resining I have made some quick & dirty support struts out of strips of cardboard for small spans, triangular shaped cardboard tubes for the longer distances, and just hotglued them inside. After 2 coats of resin on the outside are cured, I take them out and resin the inside.

I have also had some parts slightly warp during the resining. To fix these, I just heated the warped area up with a hair dryer for a couple of minutes(no heat guns, they're too hot), then gently push out the warped section and let it cool that way. You could get a helper to wipe down the piece with a wet cloth to speed the cooling process. I found that it was difficult to hold the piece exactly the way I wanted it while waiting for it to cool down and harden again, but if you don't get it right the first time, just warm it back up and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back